Chickpeas in sauce

As you know, I buy my chickpeas in bulk. This means I need to find different ways to enjoy my favorite bean. At the same time I like super simple recipes.

So this is a combination of those two things….

First I sautéed mushrooms, garlic, sweet peppers and spinach until tender. Then, I added copious amounts of chickpeas. Add a jar of pasta sauce (see, easy!). Heat thoroughly and serve on top of pasta. Enjoy!

IMG 7517 thumb Chickpeas in sauce

On the side I had Pita bread with cheese. This is all that caught the camera, but there was more. IMG 7519 thumb Chickpeas in sauce

After several days weeks of indulgent eating, my body is craving sweets all the time. My sweet tooth has created a monster!

(This pic is just a representation of all the random candy and sweets I ate today…)DSCN1251 thumb Chickpeas in sauce

I think I should copy HeyitsTay and do a day of no sweets.

I mean, I should be able to do ONE day, right? Right??

Comments

I always have to “detox” after indulging. It really does feel like an addiction. I love sweets. I actually dream about cake and frozen yogurt when I sleep. Pretty sad :)

2. Ashley C says

Yeah I find that I crave sweets all the time if I’ve had them a lot lately too and my best way to stop that seems to be going cold turkey for a day or too– but not too long or then it starts the whole cycle over again :-P

You’re too hard on yourself. Don’t deprive yourself of a whole day. It will only make you crazy. Maybe eat 5 small meals and have the 5th meal be something sweet like froyo with fruit or a chocolate protein shake made with xantham gum to make it extra thick.

4. Orla says

I’m exactly the same – once I’ve cracked and had some sweets, they’re all I can think about. It always makes me wish I’d never started!!

LOL- that cup of yogurt looks like how I ended my night last night! I don’t think I could give up sweets, sadly.

Love the chickpea recipe! Aaaand I have all the ingredients on hand. Woohoo!

Definitely a challenge, but sometimes SO necessary to cut out the sweets.

I have never been a fan of chickpeas, but black beans…man I can eat those like they are going out of style!