D.C. with Lisa

Today we went into Washington D.C. It was gloomy and drizzly most of the day, but we made the best of it. Lisa hadn’t been here since eighth grade so she needed to see all the major sights.

But, before we went someone went on a DD run!IMG_8240

And we had to have breakfast. Kristin has a ton of different kinds of cereal that I added to my yogurt. She even had Kashi granola, which I love!

Then, it was on to sightseeing! We hit up the Lincoln Memorial…IMG_8266

This really never gets old. Every time I come here I am just in awe of the amazing people that worked so hard and did so much for this country. IMG_8267

The Jefferson Memorial is a good one too. Every time I come to this one there is a Ranger giving a great talk. I love that they are so animated and love their job.IMG_8284

Snack – Lisa and I shared a soft pretzel. We needed fuel from walking around so long. IMG_8268

I also had some carrots and pepper strips at the Washington Monument. IMG_8246

Then, we hit up the White House. IMG_8270

It was a fun day!

And Matt tried to take over the White House IMG_8283

Lunch –We went to the Abbot Grill for lunch. By this time we were beyond hungry so we scarfed down the bread before I felt the need to take a picture.

I ordered the crab cake. It came with jicama-apple slaw and asparagus with a lemon aioli. What is up with my new found crush on crab cakes? IMG_8280

Then, it was back to the sights! We hit up the Korean War Memorial. IMG_8258

And the World War II Memorial. This is probably the newest monument.IMG_8253

It was so great to hang out with Lisa this weekend. We hadn’t seen each other for almost a year. One should never wait that long to see friends.IMG_8290

After a long day of sightseeing a big dinner was needed, okay wanted. We made veggie burgers and sweet potato fries. I also had coleslaw from yesterday. While we cooked I munched on chips and salsa.

Dessert. I am watching the last LOST and am freaking out! I am eating cake to dull the pain.IMG_8208

I will leave you with one of my favorite pictures of the day… IMG_8260

So fun! I’ve lived here my entire life and never get sick of Washington. It still gives me a thrill to turn a corner and be in front of the White House, or drive along the GW Parkway and see all the monuments across the river.

Summer is my favorite because it’s CHERRY SEASON! I could seriously eat a gallon of cherries for dinner and be A-ok.

I’m glad you had a fun time sightseeing with your friends, despite the dreary weather.
    I’ve lived around DC for almost two years and still haven’t seen the White House. Everytime we try, our plans get derailed.

I’m glad you had cake to dull your pain. Cake has magical healing properties.

You look like you’re having a great time. Isn’t seeing good friends the best? I’m making my first visit to DC next month and can’t wait. Can you believe I live in NC and have never been to DC besides driving through it for trips elsewhere?

5. sally kate says

I’m not going to lie, I cried when lost was over- not sure if it was because I was so confused or its the end of an era. My friends made fun of the letters people wrote that they showed during the special commercials but I could totally relate!

Please help if you can, I have a PSP 2001 I bought about a years ago with CFW PSP 2001 CFW 5.00 M33-6 with stock psp battery, I have 2 16Gig memory sticks one I have now found is a fake magic gate and one a real one both worked equally as well before. I have over the past year had no problems what so ever with it reading and playing games off the memory stick however, not all ISO’s or COS’s could be seen or played but, the ones that would play played with no problem.

I just took my PSP out of the cupboard after a long time. It has the custom firmware 2.71 SE-B” installed. Since I’ve been out of the scene for quite a while I really have no clue where to start. I tried one of the threads in the tutorial section which advised me to update to 5.03 official firmware, but when I try doing that I get the “DADADADA” error (I guess because I already have a custom firmware). So what is the best method for me to get to the latest and greates custom firmware? And also, which one is the best custom firmware to use at the moment?