A Good Cry

Why is it called “A Good Cry”? Can a cry really be good? I mean, crying is usually a bad thing (c’mon how often do tears of happiness happen?).

I’m normally not a crier, but today was different. Randomly, I turned on the TV this afternoon and saw it was halfway through a Grey’s Anatomy episode. More specifically, it was the episode where Denny dies. I was super into that season, but missed that one episode and never caught up.

Anyway, I saw the episode and ended up completely balling icon sad A Good Cry I don’t remember the last time I cried like that and part of it did feel a little good. Is that weird?cryingwoman thumb A Good Cry

I don’t consider myself a crier, but I am very emotional. I am not sure if that makes sense, but I’m complicated I guess…

Before my cry session I had a sandwich and salad for lunch. I’m pretty much obsessed with hummustard at this point. Love.IMG 9429 thumb1 A Good Cry

As promised, I hit up Dunkin Donuts for an iced coffee. The workers recognize me now, and I like that. I should break the bad news to them that I am moving soon.IMG 9425 thumb A Good Cry

I made Taco Salads for dinner. Tons of veggies, TJ’s refried beans, mozzarella, blue corn flax chips and tons of guacamole. For Ben’s I added canned chicken mixed with TJ’s taco seasoning – the easiest way to add meat to a dish.IMG 9433 thumb A Good Cry

The chips are Archer Farms Blue Corn Flax and are really good! But, the highlight of the meal was guacamole!

IMG 9435 thumb A Good Cry

I found the last Skinny Cow ice cream smashed in the back of our freezer. Unfortunately, since it was the last one I had to share it with Ben. He’s lucky I love him.IMG 9436 thumb A Good Cry

Question: When was the last time you cried?

Me: I avoid sad movies at all costs, but today completely lost it during Grey’s. I don’t think I cry when I’m happy, or at least haven’t yet.

Comments

I don’t get the whole good cry either. Usually they turn into a very ugly cry for me. Once I start I can’t stop! We had taco salads last night! Must be the week for taco salads!

2. Amanda says

I cry pretty easily lately, I find it inconvenient and embarrassing. You shared the last ice cream with him??? Thats love.

I’m not a crier. I pretty much only cry when I’m mad (especially when arguing with my husband…I’m a fiery Italian). I get teary when watching sentimental tv shows or movies, but I never actually cry. I can’t remember the last time I shed actual tears.

I’m going to Dunkin Donuts tomorrow for an iced coffee. I’ve been craving one all week and since tomorrow is the last day of school, I need to mourn the loss of my freedom (not that I don’t love my kid) with some soul satisfying iced coffee.

I teared up last night at Toy story 3 (yes I’m admitting that). But I most definitely will cry next week when I move.

5. Susan Price says

I never feel better after a cry. I’m not a ‘pretty crier’ either- it’s pretty much red face,snotty nose and puffy eyes. Unfortunately my father is very ill so I have found myself frequently on the verge of tears nearly every day.

I cry EVERY single Grey’s episode. I’m so pathetic when it comes to Greys, I can’t hold back the tears.

holy moly, thats a beautiful looking salad, dare i say sexual? I just want to eat it off the screen.

Don’t worry, I can account for some serious bawl sessions during Greys. I think its a combo of the dramatic story line and the sappy music that accompanies it. Ugh, that show is pretty emotional!

I don’t cry very often unless I am super stressed out and just get to the point I can’t handle it. I normally don’t cry at the movies or tv shows unless I am in private. lol I should have been born a guy!

9. Julie says

I forget the last time I cried a real cry, but I almost cried last week at work. We were having managment issues and when I get mad/sad/frustrated I cry. I held it together though!!
    I totally cry happy tears too, but can’t remeber the last when…

I have been now to cry at an Oprah commercial. Sometimes you need to get your thoughts out there and just have at it. I hope you feel better:)

Skinny Cows make everything alright with me!

I used to be a crier…..esp when my monthly beeyotch came. but then i deployed to iraq and then since i am numb to things. its weird. when i was deployed the first time my grams died…her and i were tighter than pb and J. but when she died i cried the night i found out and then never cried again. its weird.

As far as your iced coffee what do you put in it at DD?

LOL..i love your red purse. I think you should do a “what’s in my bag” post :D because inquiring minds want to know :D

I try to stay far away from sad movies because I bawl!

I think crying feels good sometimes because the emotions get so pent up and it is sort of a relief to finally let them all out.

I am a big cry baby! I do think cries can be “good cries”. When I’m super stressed and I burst into tears, after I feel SO MUCH BETTER, like all the stress left my body. I just try not to do it when anyone’s around :)

I cry very rarely, but the last time was a month ago when I found out my surgeon (who saved my life) is moving to Florida. That’s kind of a far commute from Philly so it means I’ll no longer be his patient. And I bawled like a baby out of sadness and honestly, a little bit of fear…it’s tough letting go of people you trust so implicitly! Otherwise the last time was over a year ago when my mom was in the ICU. Seriously though I only cry when I’m frustrated and don’t know what the hell else to do.