Life Isn’t Perfect

Wow. How have I been walking this earth for twenty plus years (when did I start walking, Mom?) and just now figured that out?

I have been super stressed about neglecting RER, my email, my dogs icon sad Life Isn’t Perfect and so much more. I am frustrated at my 2+ hour commute. I almost had a breakdown during lunch today because I didn’t feel like I had time to make it to the bank and eat in 30 minutes.

Over.Whelming.

But, Life Isn’t Perfect.

I can’t do it all right now, I just don’t have the time. But, I can do my best. And I can choose not to stress about it because that doesn’t help the situation.

icon sad Life Isn’t Perfect For the next two weeks I only have a small window of time between dinner and bed to blog. I can’t expect Pulitzer Prize winning stuff to come out of that (and neither should you or you’ll be sadly disappointed).

icon smile Life Isn’t Perfect But I can try to keep it real with my runs, eats and jokes. Okay, I can’t promise jokes, but I can promise runs and eats. Bloggers can’t be choosers.

icon sad Life Isn’t Perfect For the next two weeks I don’t have time to train for the triathlon.

icon smile Life Isn’t Perfect But I can take a swim in my Mom’s freezing pool and maybe find a yoga class to get rid of some of this stress

This morning I was supposed to do either a swim or a Spinning class, but I’m not close to my gym/there is no Spinning in the morning. I ended up just taking a walk, but that left me stressed about neglecting my training.

I need to plan the next two weeks of training according to my location until we move.

After my walk I copied Ben and made an egg sandwich for breakfast. I love putting spinach in my eggs and knocking out a veggie serving first thing.IMG 9519 thumb Life Isn’t Perfect

With an Apple-Banana on the side. These came come my neighbor’s tree!IMG 9520 thumb Life Isn’t Perfect

Lunch was aforementioned panic attack/run to the bank/ quickly eat lunch. I packed AB&J, yogurt and veggies. IMG 9522 thumb Life Isn’t Perfect Easy to eat on the go!

Well, except for this…IMG 9524 thumb Life Isn’t Perfect which I have decided is my 2nd favorite Greek yogurt after Chobani pineapple!!!

But, I needed deserved a diet Coke and ended up at the only place without a line – a Chinese place.

But if you give a Monica a diet Coke, she’s going to want some veggies to go with it…IMG 9525 thumb Life Isn’t Perfect

and if she eats a container full of salty veggies she’s going to need another diet coke…IMG 9526 thumb Life Isn’t Perfect

She how that works ;)

pin it button Life Isn’t Perfect

Comments

Hang in there, Monica. I know your life is in a limbo/stressful mode right now with commuting and not living in your own place. Right now, in this season of your life, just focus on survival.
    Soon enough you’ll have time to train for your triathalon and to blog more regularly but for now, just focus on survival. Your mental health will thank you in the long run.

I can totally identify with how you’re feeling. When I started my new job (2-2.5 hour RT commute), I got home and did NOT want to get on the computer or blog. Now that I’m used to the routine, I’m enjoying blogging again. Definitely take a break and allow yourself to get adjusted. It’s not worth stressing over! :D

hugs honey; i’m always here if you need me. you’ve got my number now.

and i’m trying to come down again this weekend and have a long run planned…let me know if you want to partake…little bit of running company. :)

Monica, I totally understand what you’re going through. I’ve been doing a 1+ hour commute (there + back = 2+) for over a year and am at my wit’s end. I’m trying to maintain my blog but it’s so difficult sometimes. I really enjoy doing it so I’ve tried to make it a priority. I don’t really have any real advice for you because I don’t know what I’m going to do myself. But I thought it might be comforting to know that someone else is in the same boat. I really love reading your blog, but I’m sure your readers understand if you need to spend less time blogging until your move. Take care of yourself!

5. Dynamics says

Sucks right now but the end result will be a beautiful home and things getting back to normal…well… as normal as they can be.

I’m sorry you’re feeling so stressed. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself; we’ll still be here! (Well, I will be; I can’t speak for everyone! :) )

So sorry for the stress, but I’m right there too! I feel like I don’t have time or the ability to get anything I want done. But taking time to breathe and take care of ourselves is all we need to focus on!

8. Amanda says

But if you give a Monica a diet coke ….. lol! I could really go for a diet coke right now….

Don’t worry, this stress is temporary. It’s not forever!

Reading this post totally struck a chord with me as I’m also going through some hectic times at the moment. There have been many days lately when I have felt frustrated with myself for the inability to get all the things done that I want/need to do. What people have been reminding me during this time is that it’s important to be gentle on yourself, and give yourself a break. A friend shared a hindi saying with me that helped: “Rene de yaar”…it means just leave it alone, as in, don’t fuss about it.

best! :)

Welcome to the working class! It’s hard to balance everything and find time to blog, see friends, see our significant others, watch tv…I still don’t know how I get done what I do. Some days I just feel frazzled!