French Toast Sunday

I love lazy Sunday mornings icon smile French Toast Sunday

I am usually up before the sun on Saturdays so I can beat the heat and get a good run in, but on Sundays Ben and I wake up slowly, take a walk and eat a good breakfast together. It’s really the only morning we eat breakfast together now that I think of it!

Today we went for a walk around our new neighborhood. It felt good to get my legs moving a little after yesterdays long run. I use Sunday as a rest day, but a walk is a good way to avoid getting too tight.

Then, I made French Toast for breakfast. I didn’t have any regular bread so I used the Oroweat Sandwich thins Foodbuzz sent me as part of their Tastemaker program.

I’ve done this in the past and only used one sandwich thin. Well, that’s just crazy. So, today I used two. It was perfect.IMG 0818 thumb French Toast Sunday

Dipped in a mix of eggs, almond milk, dash of salt and chia seeds. I didn’t realize until making this that I don’t have cinnamon or vanilla yet icon sad French Toast Sunday IMG 0819 thumb French Toast SundayThere are sooo many pantry staples I don’t have in our new place yet. I need to make a list and stock our kitchen properly.

I topped my french toast with banana, syrup and almond butter. This might just be the perfect breakfast and I love that it’s healthy and satisfying in addition to being dee-lish!IMG 0823 thumb French Toast Sunday

Served with copious amounts of iced coffee because it’s only right. IMG 0828 thumb French Toast Sunday

Question: What’s your favorite day of the week?

Me: I think I’m all about Saturday, but Sunday is gaining on it.

Note: If you ask a question in the comments and don’t want to have to come back to see my answer, you have to check the subscribe to comment box and the answer will be emailed to you :)  Or, you can email me your question and I will get back to you directly.

pin it button French Toast Sunday

Comments

Walking with a loved one is such a great and simple pleasure.

I love Fridays because Say Yes to the Dress is on all night, and I am always hopeful that I can spend my night hanging out with my family watching cheesy TLC shows. It’s the best!

lazy sundays are really good. i’m starting to enjoy them a bit more now that i’m not in school :) my favorite day is thursday. no idea why but that day has always stuck with me as a good one :)

We do the exact same thing on Sunday mornings. Our Sunday Breakfasts together are so important. It’s the only day of the week that seems slower and more relaxed than any other, and we truly need that time in the morning together to enjoy.

Mmm, french toast! I would have to say that my favorite day of the week is Saturday. No long run to do, work doesn’t start again for at least another day, and I feel like I can catch up on whatever I haven’t done (and wanted to do) during the week.

I have always said that Saturday is my favorite, because I know I still have one more day off. But like you Sunday is creeping up on the lead. We get up and lounge around and I make breakfast…. best part of my weekend, hands down :)

Sundays are definitely my favorite day of the week, for a few reasons. 1) I don’t feel guilty for being a bum 2) I love feeling like I have a fresh start and 3) church with the fam…followed by brunch, of course ;)

Sunday is my favorite day too. It’s the day that Mike and I can just laze about or go for runs or hikes together without worrying about work. We also catch up on our tv shows that have been recorded on dvr. It’s the perfect day to just relax and enjoy each others company.

I’m happy someone out there is enjoying Sundays, they are my least favorite dat but with football coming back, will move it up in the ranks a bit.

Thursday has always been my favorite days–I think since I was born on a Thursday and they remind me of Thirsty Thursday back in college!