Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Confession Time. Warning: I like it dirty.

Confession#1: 9 times out of 10 I don’t wash my fruit. Today I washed my grapes and proceeded to drop the whole clean bowl of them on the floor. Now I had to wash them twice!  I think this is the universe’s way of telling me to stick with my “Dirty grapes are okay policy”.IMG 2311 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

#2: It’s almost like I go out of my way to not match when I run. I don’t, but it’s almost like that.

IMG 2313 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty Orange socks, light blue shorts, a pink shirt. I didn’t run until 11am, so I can’t claim that I got dressed in the dark.

IMG 2315 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Confession #3: While taking the above picture I realized my favorite visor – the one I wear on every long run and was planning on wearing to the race this weekend – is falling apart at the brim. IMG 2317 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

It needs to be washed, but I’m afraid that washing it will make it fall apart even more and I reeeeeeallly want to keep it together and I promise I’ll get a new one after Sunday.

Should I wear it dirty (it’s super gross) or take a chance and wash it? IMG 2321 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Confession #4: I drank more La Croch ( yes, I call it la croch) in the last 24 hours than I’d care to admit. Ironic as this is a confession post, no?

IMG 2323 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Confession #5: I pretty much snack while making every meal. I’ve decided to embrace it and call this my “Appetizer”IMG 2325 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

#5.5: The fact that my lunch was so quick and easy to make really makes my appetizer ridiculous, but it’s the truth.IMG 2327 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Confession #6: So, I have an Appetizer, Main Dish and now Dessert with every meal? Yes. I’m not proud of it, but yes.IMG 2328 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Confession #7: Every time I ate an apple on it’s own I just get hungrier. So, why do I keep doing that? I have no answer for that right now.  Maybe it’s all that dirt I’m consuming that affects my stomach. You know, ‘cause I didn’t wash it…IMG 2329 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Confession #8:  I could have 100% predicted I would have a horribly snacky afternoon because I am super tired from being up since 4am. I should have made a game plan to prevent it.  icon sad Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty It gets worse than this.IMG 2330 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Confession #9:  I’m leaning towards leaving the hat dirty. I guess I’m not making any friends at this race. That’s okay, I like it dirty icon wink Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty IMG 2319 thumb Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Question: Do you have anything to confess?

pin it button Confession Thursday – I like it Dirty

Comments

I think you should leave the hat dirty.
    Also, I’m super snacky if I get up early. Fact.

My confession is that I will happily wash dishes, but I will pretty much never put them away. I’ve also had clean dishes sitting in the dishwasher since Sunday, praying the hubs would figure it out and put them away. They may make it a week in there. :p

You make me laugh. I don’t have anything to confess, but I sure did enjoy reading yours.

Also, I wear the same running shoes as you, but I make it a priority to wear matching workout clothes. Because I’m uptight like that.

I have to confess that I sometimes were the same sports bra twice…I just let it air dry and wear it again. I figure it is just going to get sweaty again!

I rarely wash my fruit unless there’s visible dirt. Especially since it’s usually organic and, hey, a little dirt can’t hurt. ;)

Confession: I judge people by what they have in their basket at the grocery store. I know it’s a terrible, bad habit but… seriously??

Dirty is fine too :) but I wash my Brooks mesh running hat after almost every long run because I get veeeeery sweaty. It never seems to do any harm, although I make sure not to dry it so that it doesn’t shrink!

I don’t wash my fruit either… It builds up the immune system! ;-)

I’d also like to confess I just sent an email inviting some friends to a movie tomorrow night… because I really want movie theater popcorn. Oh, and I do want to see The Social Network.

I also have the same problem with apples. I have to eat them with string cheese or pb to make them hold me over even a tiny bit.

haha love this post…yep I dont wash my fruit ALL the time either, I do tend to wash veggies becuse I can more acutally SEE the dirt, but fruit…meh sometimes yes most of the time no.

I also usually have unmatching socks on, but when I wear pants I mean whats the big deal? no one can acutally see right?

I also like to bust out singing to songs i hear on the radio when i am in my car, ahhh it feels good!

I don’t wash my fruit, either! Also, I don’t know how to buy well-fitting jeans. My clothes are wearing out, and I don’t know how to sew.
    And I haven’t been to the dentist in 4 years.

Okay, so I definitely hardly ever wash my fruit either. Right now, I’m eating strawberries that were not rinsed! Ah, I thought I was the only one. So glad to hear that other normal people do the same.

And I totally get you on the apple thing! I ALWAYS get hungrier. I usually eat the apple to spark my hunger and it works everytime.

I feel FREE! I don’t usually wash my fruit, either…except when I know other people will be eating it. I buy organic as much as I can, so that’s my justification. But whatevs.

I confess: moments after I talked a friend away from her 5th cookie last night, I polished off my third Casteel cherry beer. Meh…balance, right?

And by the way — I vote for dirty hat. Think of the baseball players that refuse to wash their hat in the playoffs, because it could wash off the good luck. You’re just being smart!

11. Jessica says

If you are really just worried about it falling apart…stick it in the dishwasher top rack…

works like a charm….

I’m lovin this post. I don’t wash my produce like I should either – hasn’t killed me yet……..

And dirty running hats show that you actually RUN and workout, and they’re not just for looks. I think it just proves you’re pretty bad azz.. :)

CONFESSION: sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night craving carbs. last night the satisfier was a bowl of oatmeal squares with fat free milk :) slept like a baby after that! haha.

Apples always make me hungrier after eating too. And I wash them! Something about them just inflames my hunger!

Confession: I am totally not doing well with my celiac diagnosis. I’m not feeling any better and I don’t think I could ever really share just how upset and frustrated I am!

15. Jen says

Handwash just the parts that touch your head and leave the brim alone. And I ADORE La Croix. I just wish it wasn’t so darn expensive!

I often don’t wash my produce either. This is something I’d only admit on the internet, I am 100% sure i would lie about this while looking most people in the eyes. (even if I’m eating a dirty grape right from the display at the grocery store while I’m lying)