Easy Pumpkin Yogurt

I know the pumpkin craze is slowly winding down in blog-land, but you cannot let this season’s favorite squash go out of style before you try some good pumpkin yogurt. IMG 4122 thumb Easy Pumpkin Yogurt

The store bought “pumpkin yogurt” is always disappointing in my opinion, but this stuff is dee-licious!

Pumpkin Yogurt:

To make it delicious I do use sugar free pudding mix – which some people try to avoid (due to artificial sweeteners). You can use the “real” stuff if you choose, but use Butterscotch flavor pudding mix (it comes in regular or artificial).

IMG 4108 thumb Easy Pumpkin Yogurt

Directions:

Mix 1 cup Greek yogurt (not the whole container), a 15 0z. can of pumpkin, 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and one package butterscotch Jello pudding mix.

Stir it up and try not to eat half of it while mixing.

Serve with gingersnap cookies. IMG 4119 thumb Easy Pumpkin Yogurt

I got these gingerbread cookies from Target. They’re light and crispy – perfect for dipping or using as a “crust”. You can layer them on the bottom of the serving dish and dollop the pumpkin yogurt right on top if desired. IMG 4112 thumb Easy Pumpkin Yogurt

Enjoy!

Comments

This is the BEST pumpkin dip recipe ever. Yes, the SF Jello Pudding is what really makes it. I’ve tried to be more “natural” with just cream or milk and it tastes like crap. This is one recipe that I can honestly admit that the fake stuff is much better than the real. Bring on the artificial sugar for this one, it just doesn’t compare. ;)

Oh good idea with the pudding mix. I always mix yogurt and pumpkin with a bit of agave nectar, but it’s not quite the right sweetness.

That looks AMAZING! Did you eat the whole thing in one serving? By the way, I recently discovered your blog and love it! I read Intuitive Eating a while back and it made sense to me, especially since I struggle with binge eating. I can’t remember–did you follow WW as well? I’m currently following that program.

I did WW a while back, but it didn’t work for me. The points levels are too low for my activity level and truthfully, counting points makes me obsessive and it’s destructive for me.
      Doing WW and trying to be an intuitive eater at the same time are kinda contradictory. But, this is just my opinion – do what works for you :)

4. Sandra says

This was terrible. First, you can taste the pumpkin pie spices since there is no baking involved. Also, if you use anything with artificial sweeteners, it will taste extremely sweet (this was the case here). To me, it was a total waste of my chobani yogurt.

5. Ghierry says

Sorry, but I have to agree with Sandra. I thought it was disgusting. (I used Nancy’s organic Greek yoghurt, Penzey’s spices, Jello pudding mix & organic pumpkin; in all-an expensive waste of money.) It was bitter (possibly the uncooked spices?), too thick with an unpleasant texture and unpleasant aftertaste.