Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

It’s that time again – time for me to admit all my daily indiscretions on the internet because I feel the need to overdramatize eating ice cream as an afternoon snack. Guilty as charged.

Confession #1: I threw together lunch while trying to organize papers and bills. Some people may be getting checks with ketchup on them. They should just be happy they’re getting paid.

IMG 4143 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

I also grabbed an apple to go with lunch and some unpictured crackers with hummus wlEmoticon smile13 Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

IMG 4146 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

Confession #1.5: I didn’t really mail any checks – who uses regular mail anyways?!

Confession #2: But, the first apple I grabbed wasn’t good. I ended up leaving it on the counter and realized I had a half eaten apple on the counter when I was making dinner.

IMG 4155 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

Confession #3: Paying bills is stressful so I had to distract myself with ice cream. Straight from the carton. I’m not proud of this, nor am I proud of the cookies I ate with it. In all seriousness, I had a bad time with this, but I don’t want to dwell on it. pumpkin ice cream thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

I felt an afternoon of continuous eating coming on, so I distracted myself by crunching on carrots and lighting candles. It worked better than usual at least.IMG 4154 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

I am proud that I know there are multiple uses for a pizza cutter – IMG 4157 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Creamhello quesadilla cutter!

IMG 4159 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

Confession #4: I wish I liked beer. No matter how much I try, I don’t…

IMG 4162 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

especially when I have a quesadilla for dinner – they just seem better with beer, but no me gusta. IMG 4161 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

My CSA delivery arrived with cranberries today!

IMG 4165 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

Confession #5: I dared Ben to eat one and was kind of disappointed that he didn’t make one of those funny faces babies do when you give them something sour.

IMG 4163 thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

like so…

baby sour face thumb Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

(source)

Confession #6: I have 2 very cool announcement to make, but I don’t want to include them in this lame post.

At the same time, I don’t want to leave you in too much suspense so I’ll give you one announcement:

logo Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream
Congratulations! You have successfully registered or purchased a product for the 2011 Surf City USA Marathon!

My next marathon is in 12 weeks! Since Long Beach I’ve only been running about 3 days a week, but I’m going to start building back up starting this weekend.

Confession #7: I still haven’t finalized my training program and now I have a deadline = tonight!

I’m currently polishing off yesterday’s pumpkin pudding and sipping on tea.

Good Night wlEmoticon smile13 Confession Thursday– Afternoon Ice Cream

Comments

I hate beer too. I really do try because it would make happy hour so much cheaper but I just can’t do it. I do like the girly cider beers though. Woodchuck anyone?
    Congrats on the next marathon!!!

Congrats on the next marathon – so exciting! I was so happy to read this post because I have been doing some major stress eating, like finishing lunch then breaking into the cereal and ice cream. Ice cream after lunch is SO not like me but it’s been happening! At least we both know we are not alone, the good news is we can get back on track just in time for Thanksgiving and the entire season of overeating. J/K, but not really. Good luck! PS Paying bills totally sucks.

Love me some quesadillas.

And I’m really weird with beer…………i only light light varieties……..and sometimes it HITS THE SPOT, and other times I am ehhhhhhhhhh.

I distract myself with food all the time……….esp. when im anxious/stressed. It is a habit im trying hard to break!

4. Emily G says

Awesome for you signing up for another marathon – and amazing, really. The cranberries in your CSA look outstanding. I think cranberries are one of the very best things about Thanksgiving. And beer-wise, you don’t need to feel bad about not liking it, but I highly recommend sampling fruity beers (try Belgian beers) or other unique ones – there’s so much variety beyond what is typically available that there’s a beer for you somewhere. Or at least a hard cider – try Crispin Cider, it’s fabulous.

Congratulations on the marathon–that’s awesome! Oh, and I can’t stand beer. When I first started dating my boyfriend–a true beer aficionado–I really tried to like it so we could enjoy it together. But really it’s not my thing at all. I’m having cranberries with my breakfast this morning (with a little sweetener, of course…)!

I don’t understand people who CAN handle beer. ;)

And I totally pay bills by mail. I not only like the satisifaction of writing out the check, but I feel more secure about it for some reason.

When I was a baby my mom was cutting lemons and I kept trying to grab for one – so she called my dad over and said, “Watch this, this is going to be funny.” and handed me one. I ate it, smiled and held out my hand for more. I think they were disappointed.

To this day I eat lemons like oranges – and I LOVE adding 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice to a glass of water. ;)

Paying bills gives me chest pains. I eat m&ms when I get writer’s block, which is basically every afternoon. Stress eating sucks.

But yay for another marathon! Excited for you :)