Cookies and Taco Bell

I usually try and keep my diet 80% healthy, 20%  gratuitous deliciousness, but some days it ends up being 20-80 the other way around. Today was one of those days.

It all started this afternoon when I decided to have a “Cookie Off” to see which of the TJ’s chocolate covered Joe Joe’s was best.

IMG 5288 thumb Cookies and Taco Bell

Here we have a ginger, dark chocolate, peppermint and peanut butter Joe Joe. I knew it was going to be a hard competition, but I was up for the challenge.

IMG 5281 thumb Cookies and Taco Bell

I tasted each one and took into account many factors, obviously including my own personal bias on flavors…

The winner was dark chocolate followed by peppermint. But, if anyone wants a recount I’d be happy to try them all again wlEmoticon winkingsmile6 Cookies and Taco Bell

IMG 5287 thumb Cookies and Taco Bell

My 20% healthy food came in the form of a big salad for lunch. And then it was all cookies and Taco Bell from there.

IMG 5270 thumb Cookies and Taco Bell

I really wanted to see “How Do You Know” so Ben picked me up after work and we went to the movies before dinner. how do you know thumb Cookies and Taco Bell

Well, I guess you can kinda count this as dinner – we shared a massive popcorn and diet Coke. Sometimes I sneak in my own snacks, and other times I realize that the smell of movie popcorn is too tempting to deny myself. I love all popcorn, but movie popcorn is the best (even if it’s the worst for ya).

IMG 5275 thumb Cookies and Taco Bell

The movie was okay – not funny, but I really like Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd, so I didn’t mind watching them on the big screen. It just wasn’t funny.

By the time the movie let out it was after 8pm and Ben wanted something fast and easy for dinner. I wasn’t hungry after all that popcorn, so I let him have his pick. We ended up at Taco Bell. IMG 5277 thumb Cookies and Taco Bell

I got an order of pintos and cheese for old time sakes. I used to be obsessed with this and their bean burritos. I also tried a bite of his crazy Chalupa.

IMG 5278 thumb Cookies and Taco Bell

Overall, I ate a lot of what I would consider “un-healthy” foods today. It’s not a big deal for me to have movie popcorn OR Taco Bell OR 4 cookies – but when I have them all in one day I have to be careful. This used to be part of an “all or nothing” / “black or white” pattern, but not any more. If this happened once a week, then I might be worried. For now I’ll just get back to 80% healthy tomorrow.

Now I am trying to pray real hard that it will stop raining in time for my long run. I am thinking about postponing it, but I have to do another long run on Friday before we go out of town and I don’t think I can do them that close together.

Good night!

pin it button Cookies and Taco Bell

Comments

Aww, bummer about the movie. I love Owen Wilson :)

Have you tried my Taco Bell recipes? I’d find you the link but I’m lazy. I used to order pintos and cheese and bean burritos too. And now I want some.

Yeah, I totally thought of your red sauce recipe when I was squeezing open packets of hot sauce with 860 ingredients written in tiny font on the front. I love me some hot sauce. I’m just afraid I’ll eat it as a soup! I guess there are worse things…

2. Amanda says

Mmmmm beans and cheese. We all have those days when the junk out numbers the vegetables! Definitely not the end of the world : )

Ahh, seriously I hope this rain stops…I wanted to go to Knotts before xmas! Hope you can fit your run in there. Don’t feel guilty, if it’s from TJ’s, even if it’s chocolate — it must be healthy :P

I love getting popcorn at the movies! Its pretty much the only time I even want popcorn, I swear they make the movie theater smell amazing with popcorn to make you buy it! lol!

Hope the weather gets better for your run! xoxo

The cookies and the salad look the best to me. I completely empathize your “all or nothing” mentality reference, as I used to suffer from that, too. It helps me to focus on the entire year (rather than one meal, day, or week) to see how my “mostly healthy” approach is panning out. Also, I go and read Gena’s blog (Choosing Raw) or Caitlin’s (Healthy Tipping Point) because they write about how healthfully they eat at almost every meal and it reminds me that healthy food is tasty, too!

I mean come on, go back and look at the salad. In my opinion, it kicks movie popcorn and taco bell butt.

Oh, those cookies look so good!
    Monica, I am on my own journey to stop binging (and train for a half marathon at the end of February). You’re an inspiration. I really appreciate your approach of, “I ate this way; I can do differently tomorrow. No big deal.”

Taco Bell used to be my favorite fast food. I was in love with their Nachos Bel Grande!
    Even though there may have been a few treats in today’s meals, no worries, tomorrow is a new day. You said it girl! ;)

Sometimes I can make healthy foods delicious, this time they were delicious but not healthy though :) The peppermint ones are sold separately and in the variety pack I bought.

I totally thought you would have give the pb cookie #1. I totally did the same thing with Whit and min went pb, peppermint, dark chocolate, ginger (the white chocolate is so overwhelmingly sweet, no?)

I’m hoping it’s going to stop raining too, but I don’t think it’s going to…boo. means a 10 miler tomorrow morning in anaheim (ehhhh…wanna run!??!?!?!?!?!)

Ahh.. movie theater popcorn. I know what you mean. I like to buy the junior size.. might be like $3 but at least it is portioned out and you won’t feel guilty! The smell is way to tempting not to get some ;)

I really want to see that movie, I’ll probably still give it a go! I love movie popcorn!! I still usually get it because like you even if I bring my own snacks I just thinking about how I’d rather have the popcorn.