Staying In Florida

Last night Ben and pretty much everyone else except for his mom and I got violently ill. I woke up this morning feeling pretty run down  sick and had a slight case of “stomach problems”. I wasn’t sure if it was caused by illness or my massive turkey dinner and equally massive dessert. So, I decided to risk it and try going for a run.

I ran 4 and walked 1 to make for 5 total. Ben jokes that when I’m sick I “only run 4 miles” and most people can’t do that well. I ran the Disney Marathon sick, so I’d like to think that I’m crazy my body is just used to it.IMG 5898 thumb Staying In Florida

I am definitely going to miss running in Florida. Wait, let me clarify – I’m going to miss winter running in Florida wlEmoticon winkingsmile Staying In Florida Running here in the summer is ridic.

IMG 5904 thumb Staying In Florida

When I got back from my run I took a shower. I felt nauseous, but we needed to leave for the airport at noon so I had to find out if I was going to throw up so we could change our flight if necessary.

I had a green smoothie. I brought my protein powder from home because I had intentions of starting BFL sooner rather than later, but that didn’t happen.

IMG 5897 thumb Staying In Florida

After I ate I talked to Ben and he still feels horrible. He got up at least 10 times last night to evacuate every morsel in his body. We’re not sure if he’s over the hump so we had to make the difficult decision to change our flight to tomorrow. It cost $340!!! Ouch. We were both really reluctant to do that (especially because these holiday flights already cost us a ton), but Ben was afraid to be on a plane for 5 hours and not have access to a restroom at all times. You know what I mean?

I’m going to try and curl up with some trash TV and hope this bad headache goes away.

Take care little friends wlEmoticon smile2 Staying In Florida

Comments

Ugh, I really hope everyone is feeling better soon. What a way to ring in the new year, eh? $340 isn’t cheap by any means, but it’ll be worth every penny to know there won’t be any issues in the air, bleck.

Oh, I hope you both feel better quick. That is awful how sick everyone got. I can feel your pain, I once got a bad case of Ecoli in Mexico and had to fly on a plane for about 4 hours sick as a dog. I even had to miss a week of school b\c of it. Being sick on a plane is not fun.

I hope you’re both feeling better soon! I’m glad you were able to change your flights… sorry it was so expensive, but it will be worth not flying while nauseous.

Feel better! I’ve been sick on a plane before – that $340 is well worth it. Trust me.

Hopefully everyone is better tomorrow! Relax and try to enjoy the day.

I hope you both feel better soon! Hopefully a day of trashy tv will do the trick. I can’t believe it cost that much to change your flight, but I also couldn’t imagine not feeling well and flying across the US.. smart decision!

Hey girl, I’m so sorry to read about you and your family’s, umm, {digestive} woes. Take care of yourself and remember it’s okay to take a day off to let that tummy recoup! I did that today and it helps me get pumped to go run tomorrow after my body has rested. Bye!

That’s terrible! I am so sorry for you! I am the cheapest person and absolutely hate to waste money but that’s certainly one time you have to bite the bullet.

On a brighter note, Ben’s comment was right on! You are super fit!

8. The Grizz says

Make no mistake, Monica is a freak-of-nature with a superhuman immune system. Everyone else is completely floored and Monica is taking care of us. My new years resolution is to try be like her and steal her powers. I’ll have to quadruple my vegetable intake.

Oh man that sucks, but to be honest I wouldn’t want to be in an airplane for that long or even an airport waiting for a flight if I felt that sick. Hope you both feel better soon, maybe a vitatop will take care of that headache :)