Menu Planning Monday

Hello and Happy Monday! I started my little day with a 5.5 mile slow run. I don’t know why, but I had major “lead legs” today.

Post run I headed straight for the kitchen to make breakfast. IMG 7139 thumb Menu Planning Monday

IMG 7128 thumb Menu Planning Monday

I stuffed half a cantaloupe with Pomegranate Chobani. It’s been so warm here I’ve been craving cold comfort foods like fruit and yogurt constantly!

IMG 7129 thumb Menu Planning Monday

I got this menu planner pad over the weekend and filled it out last night. I don’t usually plan out my meals, and this is a problem because I end up going to the grocery store too many times during the week and spending too much money! I’m hoping this helps me stay on track with my budget, but also helps my cleaner eating goals wlEmoticon smile40 Menu Planning Monday

IMG 7142 thumb Menu Planning Monday

Mini-Goal Monday for 1/24/2011

1. Make a schedule for blogging and school – and stick to it!

2. Eat clean snacks.

Questions: Do you plan your meals?

Do you have any Monday Mini-Goals?

Comments

I try and plan my meals, but it usually backfires on me or I’m just inconsistent.
    Where did you get that menu planner pad? That looks really helpful!

Did you get that note pad at Urban Outfitters? Meal Planning is one of my goals for 2011. When my husband and I don’t meal plan we end up going with easy and unhealthy options like Chipotle! We usually try to plan before to go to the grocery store on Sunday so we have all of our ingredients ready.

The bf and I have discussed meal planning many times. I like the idea–especially for grocery shopping–but we also tend to eat a lot of things depending on our cravings…

I try to plan out dinners for a few nights a week. We’d eat out every night if I didn’t.

P.s. your real men of genius lyrics from your earlier post literary made me laugh out loud! Loved it.

I used to menu plan religiously. At times, I’d have a plan for an entire month. After awhile, I fell out of love with cooking dinner and my menu planning enthusiasm waned, as well. I’ve been really uninspired as of late and tend to make the same things over and over. But, my husband is leaving for another deployment which means I won’t have to make a ‘real dinner’ for quite some time. So I guess I won’t be menu planning any time soon.

6. Kristen says

I’m obsessed with meal planning! Crazy, i know but i love love love to plan and make lists so it’s right up my alley! your new “what to eat” notepad is adorable.

I posted my mini goals on my blog.

I TRY to plan out my meals. Every once and a while the husband and I will sit down on a Sunday and plan out a week’s worth of meals. It works great, but we get lazy, and end up eating cereal for dinner for a week.

I just need to get back into the habit.

I don’t plan my meals out in advance, but I really need to start doing that. I always end up with rotten produce at the end of the week, and I hate to waste it like that. I’d love some tips on how to plan meals out, though, since I’ve never done it in my entire life!

I’ve never planned out my meals. But I don’t really eat a lot of different things. I don’t really stray from salads, cottage cheese, yogurt, eggbeaters, and boca burgers. I’m pretty boring that way. < —- can't cook :-(

I don’t plan my meals, because it stresses me out like- but “what if I don’t want that on that day or that meal or that time? Gahhhh..” So I genereally just have “Staples” in my house so I can make whatever when I feel like it. That and I live a mile away from Ralphs, so if I really wanted something or ingredients I could go get ‘em- and my school is right across the street from it, so that is convenient too, hehe..

I usually have one or two meals planned for the week that need fresh ingredients. I never know how much prep time I’ll have (the baby rules my schedule) so I rely a lot on frozen stuff for busy nights. When the baby cooperates, I cook :)

I semi-plan my meals when my husband is in town all week. When he’s not here I know I can throw something together to satisfy me, but I know that he likes meat most nights and wants “real meals”, not just things I threw together at the last minute. Oh, boys.

I’m a huge dork that sits down every Sunday and finds recipes, plans meals, and then does the grocery list. When I get back from the store, I get everything ready – prep snacks, pre-prep meals, chop veggies, etc. At least twice a week, and often more, I leave for work around 8am and don’t get home until 7 or 8pm, so if I don’t have stuff ready, I get too hungry to function and risk eating household items. I usually try to do some sort of casserole or crockpot soup, something with lots of leftovers so I can cook once and eat two or three times.

I try to plan my meals, but I usually don’t write them down. This month, I’ve been doing “Eat In Month” via the Chic Life and that has helped a lot with my preplanning.

As for healthy snacking, I bring an apple every day to work. The first thing I do when I get to my desk is take it out of my bag and put it right my screen. That way, I don’t forget about it and if I’m looking for a snack, I don’t have to searching for a (likely worse) alternative.

I plan out my meals because it makes my life so much easier that way! And I can always switch them around a bit if I’m feeling like something different.

I can seriously pick out a sentence in every one of your posts where I think, “she’s taunting me with California.” :P lol

I need to meal plan, but I don’t… and as for mini-goals, stick to my new training plan, and stay sane!

I love fruit and yogurt! It’s all I have been craving with the warm weather we are having :)

I am definitely a meal planner. I use the same pad and a excel spread sheet (don’t make fun!) to plan our meals!!! I think it’s my OCD plus it helps save money so we don’t take random trips to the grocery store!

Mini Goals
    yoga 3xs this week
    study for boards!

Love this post! I always plan my meals (I just did the rest of this week on a note pad during my lunch) it helps me keep organized with such a busy schedule! I love to make goals for myself. I try not to go overboard because I don’t like setting up myself up to fail, but I make sure to give a bit of challenge so I have a sense of accomplishment when I am able to say I did it! I am just starting to run, and am hoping it will help me end the mind/body image struggle once adn for all ;)