Meatloaf Cupcakes

IMG 8311 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes

I like Ben. Ben likes me meat.

Sometimes, in order for me to get Ben to like me more I make him meat.

But, I’d rather make cupcakes (or cookies or pancakes).

In order to make us both happy I combined the two and created Meatloaf Cupcakes! They’re guaranteed to convince your man he needs more cupcakes in his life (and hopefully a trip to the bakery will ensue). IMG 8320 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes

Since I don’t like recipes I made it up as I went along… 1 lb. ground turkey, 2 eggs, 1/2c  roasted salsa, 1/3c bread crumbs and tons of Lawry’s seasoning. Mix well.

Then, I scooped it into a sprayed muffin pan and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

IMG 8297 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes

When they were done I took them out of the oven to cool and made the mashed potatoes.

Finally, I scooped the mashed ‘taters in a baggie and squeezed it onto the meatloaf cupcakes… IMG 8331 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes

IMG 8314 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes

The meatloaf came out surprisingly well considering I “winged it”.

IMG 8327 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes

You can serve these on a bed of coleslaw to make it a bit more festive wlEmoticon smile15 Meatloaf Cupcakes IMG 8353 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes IMG 8347 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes

This is a fun meal for kids too!

IMG 8350 thumb Meatloaf Cupcakes

But, if you serve these to your guy, make sure you get a real cupcake for dessert wlEmoticon winkingsmile8 Meatloaf Cupcakes

Are you cooking up anything special for Valentine’s Day(for yourself or a partner)?

I was going to wait and make these for Ben on Feb 14th, but that is actually my mom’s birthday and we have another dinner planned.

pin it button Meatloaf Cupcakes

Comments

You’re the best wife ever. Those are so incredibly cute! All I could think was “what is the icing?!” I would have never guessed mash potatoes, although I think that I should have.

You’re a genius! I have to bookmark this and make them for my husband sometime soon. I don’t eat meat, so he’d be really surprised and I know he’d love them! I can make a lentil or bean version for me. Great idea, Monica! I’m going to share this link with my sisters, too – my nieces would love this.

I thought of you when I got this idea too! I figured I wasn’t the first person to make them, but since I didn’t really eat meat before this year I always ignored meat recipes on blogs.

These are really cute! I can’t believe how much the mashed potatoes look like frosting.

I thought about cooking my husband fish for dinner, even though I hate it. I’m a little nervous because I’ve never cooked it before and won’t be able to taste test as I cook. I need to start researching a foolproof recipe!

Cuuuuuuute! These have been all over the Whole Foods delis in San Francisco the past few weeks. I was very intrigued by them, but didn’t buy any. Can totally see how easy and delicious they would be to make!

5. Kristen says

GREAT idea! Making this on Valentines and maybe i’ll throw together a gravy and color it red to top the “cupcake”? Thanks for sharing this, i KNOW my Mr. will love it!

Those are super cute!!! I have a weird issue when things look like one thing but taste like another so I’m wondering if when Ben was eating them he was expecting suagr in each bite? :) I’m weird like that!

Oh and I finally ate my first Vitatop last night – Banana Nut. It won’t be my last!! I understand the addiction, they are just so $$$!!!

My husband eats meat waaaaaay less than he’d like to since I don’t eat it, so that looks like a really cute idea! Valentine’s Day is my dad’s birthday, so I don’t usually even think of it as a holiday. Although we will probably celebrate this weekend by going to try a new restaurant for lunch.