The afternoon I enjoyed some Costco samples while perusing the aisles. Turns out Costco is pushing their healthy products today and I got Coach’s oats…
And almond butter on a cracker
I also had a “real” snack when I got home – Chobani and cereal. They’re Grrrrreat!
Dinner was random, yet awesome. I had a bag of broccoli slaw that needed to be cooked. Originally, I was going to make an Asian stir-fry with it (that’s what I always do). But I didn’t have tofu so I only had turkey to work with.
I ended up making a very good turkey stir-fry! This is going to be my new favorite thing. I added tons of hummus to the mix and it was deelish.
I added some Annie’s Mac N Cheese after I was almost done. I didn’t have the idea to make it until I was almost done with the stir-fry and didn’t want to wait.
Today from Costco I got:
- beer (for Ben, I don’t like beer)
I’ve been trying to reign in our food budget a bit and normally would go a little crazier at Costco. I also hit up the “normal” store for other things we need like La Croix.
Tonight I managed to create a healthy peanut butter cookie. It’s still not the real thing and I think I just need to stop trying to re-create desserts for now – Too many fails that still get eaten. What a waste.
But, if you do need the world’s easiest cookie recipe check this out.
Since Twitter is all a buzz about #100 Facts About Me I thought I’d share a few random tidbits. No, I don’t have 100 facts about myself, which is kind sad but also probably a relief (at least to you guys)…
Fun Facts Friday:
1. I cut Ben’s hair. And I cut my ex’s. I’m not good at it, but I must not totally suck since I’m still no one openly points and laughs, right?
2. I’ve always been a hypochondriac. As a kid, I used to wish I was allergic to something. If I ever got sick I would blame something I ate like, “I think it’s the Peaches n’ Cream oatmeal mom!”
I still don’t like peach flavored things. My mom couldn’t take a hint.
3. I wore the wrong size shoe all through high school because I was embarrassed about my big feet.
4. I missed my best friend’s wedding. That’s a long story.
5. My first dog was a Cocker spaniel named Lady. She died when I was a senior in HS.
In other news – today I was reading my latest issue of Health magazine. There is an article called “Love to Eat? No Worries”. It addressed emotional eating and the fact that stopping it completely isn’t always realistic.
Basically, if you are going to eat for emotional reasons, realize what you’re doing and make it count.
My fave line, “When you eat to feel good, let yourself feel good. Then move on.”
If you don’t have a legit history with emotional eating, that may seem opposite of Intuitive Eating, but I get it.