Cat Fights

Okay, this post is going to get really disgusting. Consider yourself WARNED…

This afternoon I polished off the watermelon with this new-to-me flavor of Vitamin Water. This is my new favorite drink!

IMG 0834 600x800 thumb Cat Fights

Early afternoon I had 2 pieces of bread with peanut butter. Well, not just any peanut butter…

IMG 0835 800x600 thumb Cat Fights

Peanut Butter & Co. sent me a few of their flavors to try. I died a little when I opened the box. Might Maple PB is better than anything ever. Ever. Buy it and consider your life significantly better for having tried this.

IMG 0837 600x800 thumb Cat Fights

Then, it was time for Vegas’ 2nd vet appointment of the week. I took him in on Saturday after he got in a bad cat fight. Turns out one of his scratches got infected and needed to be lanced and all this other stuff that I don’t want to re-live.

IMG 0847 800x600 thumb Cat Fights

I had to leave him there for a few hours and Ben came with me to pick him up so the vet could show him how to flush the wound (as I threatened to barf on their exam table if I had to do it).

IMG 0851 800x600 thumb Cat Fights

In further proof that it’s my fate to be fat, I still had a big appetite for dinner…

IMG 0859 800x533 thumb Cat Fights

Gross pictures are below, ditch out here if you are eating.

Now Vegas has a tube in his arm and stiches. It needs to be washed out twice a day and he has anti-biotics. This cat is named Vegas because I lose all my money when he’s around – not because I hit the jackpot with an awesome cat wlEmoticon sadsmile7 Cat Fights

IMG 0860 800x533 thumb Cat Fights

It’s disgusting, but there is a lesson we can all benefit from here…

IMG 0862 800x533 thumb Cat Fights

Don’t get in cat fights! Noted.

you cant win a fight with stupid padded gloves Cat Fights

www.nataliedee.com

Comments

• Ella says

I have to agree with this. I love chocolate, so I do keep buying it every now and then to re-try, but I am always disappointed! It’s not chocolately enough, I think. (It’s like when your mom keeps encouraging you to take “just one bite” of broccoli every time she serves it in the hope that you’ll eventually like it. Except it’s chocolate pb, not broccoli.)

YES! Every time I’m tempted to get a chocolate PB or AB I stop myself because I remember it’s just disappointing. I want it to be amazing, but it’s just not. I’ve even tried the dark chocolate almond butter and it’s not that great…

I had to scroll past the tube pics. I am a huge baby! I would barf if I had to drain tubes too.

Dude I want mighty maple all over my face, I mean waffles.

Awe, poor vegas! It’s so hard to look at your cat when they are like that! You just feel so bad for them.

I have a little orange kitty too and she looked like that after she got an infection from nursing kittens for too long. They shaved her whole body though and she looked like she had ugg boots, a lion mane and a poodle tail! It was seriously SO expensive.. the things we do for our pets! :)

Hopefully Vegas gets better!

3. Amy Ramos says

OMG! Poor Vegas. Is he in any pain? I hope he feels better soon and you too. I hate it when our cats get hurt.

4. Amanda says

I am obsessed with mighty maple peanut butter…. so obsessed that I had a dream about it and woke up drooling.

Poor vegas! No wonder he was lethargic. He’s lucky that he has you : D I call my cat my furry money pit. She needed oral surgery last year because her teeth were infected…. she ran me 1100$ over the course of a month! I feel your pain.

5. Laura says

Poor booboo! I hope he has a quick and speedy recovery! For both of your sakes! The tube thing just looks painful…..

I just tried the new Blood Orange flavor of Vita water. It was good but not as good as I was expecting. The Watermelon sounds great! Oh, poor Vegas!! :( Hope she feels better.

Poor Vegas! It’s too bad I’m not around, I worked at a vet all through high school and flushing wounds is just one of my many skills.

Poor Vegas! I hope he gets better really soon. I’ll have to look for the Mighty Maple flavor; I like White chocolate Wonderful, but I didn’t really like the Dark Chocolate Dreams. I’m much more of a Nutella girl!

Awww poor Vegas! I’m sure he’ll heal really fast, and be back to his usual self. I’m sorry it’s so expensive though. My dog swallowed part of her chew toy once and it cost me 400 dollars, and tons of trips to the vet to get her fixed up. I’d pay for it again though if I had to.

Poor little bear! He’ll be fine, though. We had outdoor cats growing up so we saw our share of tubes and injuries. My kitties now are indoor cats so their lives are a bit less adventurous than Vegas’s!

Aww, poor guy! The pix didn’t bother me, but then again I used to work in a vet’s office (I’ve also been present for lancings — blecch, not pleasant!!).

12. Jill says

Poor Vegas : ( That looks like one pretty serious cat fight. Good job he has nurse Ben to take care of him.

Maple peanut butter? That sounds so good that it would be dangerous. Even if I hid all the spoons in the house, I could still stick a finger or three into the jar.

Poor Vegas! I couldn’t look at the pictures though. When people tell a squeamish me to not look, I have to pay attention!

Dark Chocolate Dreams is the best of the Peanut Butter & Co. Which is weird, because I hate dark chocolate. I LOVE white chocolate, but I didn’t like their white chocolate version. Definitely odd!

Aw, poor kitty! It’s hard seeing your pets in that state.

But oh my god, I love Peanut Butter & Co. I haven’t tried the maple one yet. I have tried Justin’s maple peanut butter though. By far, maple and peanut butter combined are my favorite.

Aww, poor little guy. It’s amazing what we will do for our pets.

I had a guinea pig that had a cyst burst. I had to give her antibiotics and flush her cyst for almost 2 months.

TWO MONTHS! a GUINEA PIG!

But dangit if she wasn’t the sweetest thing. I couldn’t help but what to help her.

I hope Vegas feels better soon! My dog got into a fight with our neighbor’s German Shepard a few weeks ago (pretty one sided actually…guess who won) and had to get stitches and a tube inserted as well to protect against infection. He is feeling much better now, so it will only be a matter of time before Vegas does, too!