Christmas Tea in April

Early afternoon my belly was calling for a big snack. I decided to go the smoothie route because I could add more and more cereal until I felt like an umpa-loompa. IMG_9585 (800x533)

Do they totally creep anyone else out? I don’t know if I’ve seen the original Willy Wonka, but I will have nightmares from this pic alone.creepy ish

Snack bonus: I used my new Minnie Mouse bowl! I guess today is Disney themed all around Smile

IMG_9591 (800x533)

Today was a hungry day for some reason and I added more cereal after I was done with this. Luckily, there are free refills at RER Café.

IMG_9592 (800x533)

Because of our Vegas escapades today felt like Monday. So, today was Meatless Monday Wednesday to make up for it! I combined kidney beans, onions and corn with BBQ sauce and agave to make lazy baked beans.

IMG_9598 (533x800)IMG_9599 (800x533)

Served up with a sweet potato and salad with ranch. I dig ranch lately.

IMG_9603 (800x533)

Now I’m sipping on tea. I totally hoard TJ’s seasonal teas around Christmas time. But, I’m sad that this is my last box of my favorite flavor Sad smileIMG_9606

It’s my personal rule that once all my Christmas tea is gone I can finally put away my Christmas Tree Winking smile Makes sense right?

I stockpile Christmas tea too! I still have boxes of peppermint, eggnog and an apple cider one from Thanksgiving… mmm…. luckily, though, hubby got tired of looking at the Christmas tree in February and hauled it outta here :)

You have to watch the original, it’s a classic. And yeah, they’re creepy- right up there with the Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz!

Your whole not eating after 8 is really motivating me, by the way. I am so lazy about brushing and flossing no food in my kitchen is really worth redoing it for. Good call!

Ha! I just finished a cup of ‘Nutcracker Sweet’ Celestial Seasonings tea. I found some at Whole Foods about a month ago and bought a box without hesitation. And now I’m hoping they still have some left because my box is almost empty.

PS–the entire Willy Wonka movie creeps me out…Ooompa loompas, Willy Wonka, Violet Beauregard…all of them!

4. Lauren says

I picked up some up barbara’s peanut butter puffs…bad idea. I’m pretty sure there is small amounts of crack in that stuff cause i can’t stop eating it!! especially with vanilla soy milk…mmmmmm. it’s seriously becoming an issue! :)

5. Jill says

Mmmm! Peppermint tea. I drink that one year round, as well as ginger tea. Hot teas, no matter what the weather are the best way for me to get my water intake in.

I love the umpa loompas…in the original that is. The new one was dumb, even Johnny Depp couldn’t save that one. And I saw PB Puffins the other day when I was in Meijer with my friends and literally yelled out Run Eat Repeat! It was the first time I’ve actually seen them in the store….I got a lot of weird looks.

I love your lazy baked beans. Mine are even lazier. I think the recipe reads “buy a can of baked beans.” lol

I think the original Willy Wonka movie and the newer Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are both creepy. But the first one is SUPER creepy. But classic.

OMFG, that TJ’s tea is crack-laced! Stupid me only bought 1 (ONE!) box this year… but now I know better. That cart will be chock FULL of lemur tea come November… or October, depending on when it hits the shelves. 😉

9. Jamie says

We try to go meatless at least 2-3 nights a week. I tried to go full vegetarian but my son and boyfriend were not super pleased. This is my compromise and it still helps your health/environment some right?