Green Monster and Sunflower Butter

Hello and Happy Wednesday! I started my day with an easy 4.5 mile run. I don’t know if I mentioned it on here, but I think that knot in my hamstring was actually a mild strain! I’m trying to baby it since I start Marathon Training next week!

All I could think about on my run today was how I wanted it to be over a smoothie. So I made my “Go To Green Monster” for breakfast.IMG 4946 800x533 thumb Green Monster and Sunflower Butter

And paired it with Sunflower Butter and Jelly.IMG 4943 800x533 thumb Green Monster and Sunflower Butter

I wish my kitchen didn’t have windows so my neighbors wouldn’t catch a glimpse of me sticking my fingers in the Sunflower Seed Butter jar. It’s not pretty (but it is tasty!).IMG 4947 533x800 thumb Green Monster and Sunflower Butter

Question: What do you wish?

I also wish nut butter was less calorie dense (since I already eat it like it’s calorie free!).

Comments

I so wish nut butter was less calorie dense. I’m not a huge fan a sunflower butter (yet). I had it with an apple and it was ok, the Jelly might be a good addition. I wish I was not at work right now!

2. Christin says

I wish my co-workers weren’t such good cooks! cookies, blue cheese dip, cake, rosemary cashews…they are killin me today! (And I love them all dearly!)

I share your thoughts on sunflower seed butter…I think I might be addicted and have actually considered NOT buying a new jar when mine runs out…for at least a week (the HORROR I know!).

No it’s not better for you. (I don’t think I would buy something because it was better for me than what I preferred anyways.)

I chose it because it tastes good :)

I second your wish for nut butter to be calorie free! I also wish that I could have the power to snap my fingers & be where ever it is I choose. What marathon are you going to start training for? Can you post your training schedule? I’m super slow & trying to get faster for my second marathon on Oct. 16th & am looking for help.

I love sunflower butter! mmm! I wish it was calorie free, too, haha.

I’m suffering from an abdominal strain right now too and I wish it would go away! Bah makes running difficult (and I’m slowly coming to terms with the fact that I may have to take a week or two off…:( )

6. Nicole says

I hear ya about the wish for less caloric nut butters. I sit here with an IV drip of Peanut Butter into my arm.

Last week, I purchased a “Calorie Free Peanut Butter” at Sprouts.

Um.

Let’s just say I’m glad I was standing near the sink!! EwwwpewpewpewGAHHHoutovmamouf!

Never. Again. :)

I wish that the first 10 minutes of my runs didn’t make me feel like giving up. Sometimes I am able to use that as motivation, but there are other days that I curse my lungs for hurting so badly until around minute 12 or 13.

I also wish that dark chocolate almond butter was calorie free. YUMMO!

I wish I would get around to buying curtains for my kitchen so that my neighbors wouldn’t catch me digging in the fridge at all hours…

9. Katie P says

Oh the heaven I would be in if nut butters were calories free, I would put in on everything.
    I also wish my lower back would stop aching. It’s been hurting all week and making any impact exercises painful. I know I should take it easy and let it heal, but guilty, like I am lazy bones and should quit whining and power through it. I wish I could just listen to my body since it saying it needs some TLC to heal right now and not feel like I need to push it.