Green Monster and Sunflower Butter

Hello and Happy Wednesday! I started my day with an easy 4.5 mile run. I don’t know if I mentioned it on here, but I think that knot in my hamstring was actually a mild strain! I’m trying to baby it since I start Marathon Training next week!

All I could think about on my run today was how I wanted it to be over a smoothie. So I made my “Go To Green Monster” for breakfast.IMG_4946 (800x533)

And paired it with Sunflower Butter and Jelly.IMG_4943 (800x533)

I wish my kitchen didn’t have windows so my neighbors wouldn’t catch a glimpse of me sticking my fingers in the Sunflower Seed Butter jar. It’s not pretty (but it is tasty!).sunflower seed butter

Question: What do you wish?

I also wish nut butter was less calorie dense (since I already eat it like it’s calorie free!).

Comments

I so wish nut butter was less calorie dense. I’m not a huge fan a sunflower butter (yet). I had it with an apple and it was ok, the Jelly might be a good addition. I wish I was not at work right now!

2. Christin says

I wish my co-workers weren’t such good cooks! cookies, blue cheese dip, cake, rosemary cashews…they are killin me today! (And I love them all dearly!)

I share your thoughts on sunflower seed butter…I think I might be addicted and have actually considered NOT buying a new jar when mine runs out…for at least a week (the HORROR I know!).

No it’s not better for you. (I don’t think I would buy something because it was better for me than what I preferred anyways.)

I chose it because it tastes good :)

I second your wish for nut butter to be calorie free! I also wish that I could have the power to snap my fingers & be where ever it is I choose. What marathon are you going to start training for? Can you post your training schedule? I’m super slow & trying to get faster for my second marathon on Oct. 16th & am looking for help.

I love sunflower butter! mmm! I wish it was calorie free, too, haha.

I’m suffering from an abdominal strain right now too and I wish it would go away! Bah makes running difficult (and I’m slowly coming to terms with the fact that I may have to take a week or two off…:( )

6. Nicole says

I hear ya about the wish for less caloric nut butters. I sit here with an IV drip of Peanut Butter into my arm.

Last week, I purchased a “Calorie Free Peanut Butter” at Sprouts.

Um.

Let’s just say I’m glad I was standing near the sink!! EwwwpewpewpewGAHHHoutovmamouf!

Never. Again. :)

I wish that the first 10 minutes of my runs didn’t make me feel like giving up. Sometimes I am able to use that as motivation, but there are other days that I curse my lungs for hurting so badly until around minute 12 or 13.

I also wish that dark chocolate almond butter was calorie free. YUMMO!

I wish I would get around to buying curtains for my kitchen so that my neighbors wouldn’t catch me digging in the fridge at all hours…

9. Katie P says

Oh the heaven I would be in if nut butters were calories free, I would put in on everything.
    I also wish my lower back would stop aching. It’s been hurting all week and making any impact exercises painful. I know I should take it easy and let it heal, but guilty, like I am lazy bones and should quit whining and power through it. I wish I could just listen to my body since it saying it needs some TLC to heal right now and not feel like I need to push it.