Eat–Fool Day of Food

I’m changing things up this week and want to do a fool full day of eats in one post twice a week. I prefer seeing an entire run down in order rather then dinner, lunch and breakfast when you catch up with posts – don’t you?

Breakfast honored Waffle Wednesday. It was so good, I wish tomorrow was Waffle Whursday…IMG 5468 800x600 thumb1 Eat–Fool Day of Food

My mid-morning client canceled so I had time to eat watermelon. That was important. I didn’t have a tupperware big enough to fit all the watermelon. That’s a good problem to have wlEmoticon winkingsmile23 Eat–Fool Day of FoodIMG 5472 800x600 thumb Eat–Fool Day of Food

I made hard-boiled eggs yesterday for snacks and used 1 and a 1/2 for an egg salad sandwich. Paired with a massive salad for veggies and volume.IMG 5474 800x600 thumb Eat–Fool Day of Food

Then, I headed to work. It was a good day there wlEmoticon smile50 Eat–Fool Day of Food

Snacks on the road – cereal in a baggie…IMG 5479 800x600 thumb Eat–Fool Day of Food

And chips while cooking dinner. I have “real” chips and baked chips. The smaller chip is the “real” one. IMG 5482 800x600 thumb Eat–Fool Day of FoodI can’t believe I’m going to say this but, bigger is NOT better in this case. The smaller “real” chips are 10x better than the big baked ones. Both bags are from Trader Joes.IMG 5483 800x600 thumb Eat–Fool Day of Food

I also had a corn thin with PB&J at some point. See? I’m already glad I’m doing a full day of eats in order – I would have “missed” this in a normal recap.IMG 5485 800x600 thumb Eat–Fool Day of Food

Dinner was another great Trader Joe’s find – nitrate free chicken hot dogs. TJ’s whole wheat buns are delicious, doughy and only 40 more calories than sandwich thins. Totally worth it.IMG 5487 800x600 thumb Eat–Fool Day of Food

Eat me!IMG 5488 800x600 thumb Eat–Fool Day of Food

Dessert will be some kind of massive smoothie topped with love <3IMG 4337 800x533 thumb Eat–Fool Day of Food

Angie shared this link today on Loving the Part of You that Binges. This really hit home and I totally “get it”. Thanks Angie wlEmoticon smile50 Eat–Fool Day of Food

Did you read about the new recommendations for exercise from the ACSM? They are emphasizing strength in addition to cardio and say that doing less than the recommended will give you results too. (Great now all my clients are going to cancel.) Okay, not really – but doing any exercise is better than none!

Amen.

See ya later!

pin it button Eat–Fool Day of Food

Comments

i totally agree that doughy hot dog buns are totally worth it- they are world’s better than just wrapping a piece of bread around your dog… which is what my dog always made me do when i was a kid… :(

2. Lorin says

Thanks for the links. I read through the fitness thing for a little of a reminder to things and just fun reading. It was interesting to learn about the new adjustments and recommendations.

3. Angie says

Hi – I’m glad you liked the posting :) My two favorite parts:

“You need to love the part of you that falls. The part of you that binges. Or the part of you that disappoints you or fails or procrastinates or makes mistakes.”

“You need to love the part of you that binges because it is impossible for anyone to be completely binge-free. Even if you’re ED recovered. Even if you love yourself completely. Even if you’re super-confident. Even if you’ve never had eating issues. We all have our moments.”

My husband says this to me all of the time, but I don’t really believe him. I think he’s just being nice because he loves me :) Reading this is another forum definitely helps.

That said, this has not been the easiest week for me so the time spent reading your posts always gives me a lift. Thanks! Angie

I’m glad the professionals are now seeing that regular strength routine is just as important as cardio. Its about time we moved away from the 80′s aerobic days and on to bigger and better things! ;)

I love strength training in addition to cardio! I’m not losing that many pounds but my body shaping is changing like crazy!! A dress I lost wore 1 -2 years ago is now pretty loose in the waist/stomache and was almost too tight in the chest/back/shoulders!

Love watermelon! Yay for some asparagus and I need to learn the art of “volume eating” cause my “volume” of Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia isn’t working for me anymore! ;-)

I too am a ketchup lovuhhh. It goes on most of my savory meals. Wasn’t it president Clinton who counted it as a serving of veg?? Who cares… whichever man declared ketchup a full serving is cool in my book.

I like seeing all of your eats in one post! I hope you make this a regular occurance. It gives me great ideas for new lunches and dinners. Like that hot dog. Looks yummy and perfect for the 4th this weekend!

9. Daisey says

Hi, quick question….I’ve been hunting for Vita Tops and can’t find them anywhere. Where do you get em?

So their big reveal is that “something is better than nothing”?! Can’t say I’m too impressed by that, ACSM. Um… duh.

I still want to hire a personal trainer if that makes you feel better. Want to move to Washington and train me? :D

11. Elena says

Hey I’ve had your blog on my google reader for about a month now, and I have to say it’s “definite-ly in the top threeeee” (lolz, flight of conchords), j/k I love your blog! You tots rock, and your comments are hil-AIR. I just wanted to say that I really like the inclusion of all your eats in a single day; I suddenly didn’t feel like such a fatboy for my daily snack-action. Keep on keepin’ on.

12. SummerT says

I once saw that per capita, we Hoosiers eat more ketchup than any other state. Are you sure you aren’t from Indiana?