Welcome to August 2011

I had a 7am client this morning, so I set my alarm for 5:40am to get in 4 miles before heading to work.IMG 6657 800x600 thumb Welcome to August 2011

Done and done wlEmoticon smile Welcome to August 2011IMG 6661 800x600 thumb Welcome to August 2011

Since I took a little too long getting out the door for my run I had to eat breakfast on the go!IMG 6664 600x800 thumb Welcome to August 2011

Nothing like a green smoothie in the car on a Monday morning…IMG 6668 600x800 thumb Welcome to August 2011

After my client I did my own strength work out. I was about to head to the near by coffee shop to blog before my next appointment when Ben called and asked, “Have you seen my keys?”

We retraced out steps and it turns out they were in my car from yesterday’s visit to my mom’s! #MondayFailIMG 6671 800x600 thumb Welcome to August 2011

Luckily, I had a few minutes to race them back to him so he could get to work and I’m sipping on a homemade iced coffee (and eating a banana) instead!

I have to head back to work, but wanted to share my

August 2011 Goals:

1. Stick to Marathon Training. Plan: Get in 1 good long run, 1 tempo run and 1 mid-length MP run a week. Do abs and strength 2 times a week, ideally 3.

2. Take good care of myself. Plan: Get into bed by 10pm. Get up early to run and have time to stretch!

3. Lose 2 pounds. Track eats. Drink enough water. Listen to my body.

4. Get organized. Plan: Make schedule for blogging, emails and training. Don’t work too late into the night.

Question: Got any goals to share?

Comments

This shows just how “on” I am this Monday: when reading your August Goals, I thought the “lose two pounds” goal said “eat treats” instead of “track eats”. I swear I’m becoming dyslexic. Or just crazy. Or I really just want some chocolate.

My goals are pretty much exactly the same, except I’m training for a half and not a full. But I definitely will be striving towards the same as you are this month.

nice goals! i also want to stick to my marathon training plan (so far so good… i’m willing to apply the 80% rule when needed though, haha). i need to be more consistent w/ my cross-training too. and last, but certainly not least, i need to rein in the eating a bit. it seems that week 3 into marathon training i’ve already given myself full license to eat like a pro athlete. but like whole pizzas. yikes. i’ll get a handle on that one in the next few weeks (i hope!)

3. Elizabeth says

I love your number 3! I think if your trying to lose weight you say to yourself ” i will lose 15 lbs”.. but when you only lose about 1-2 lbs per week that can be really hard to stick with it the 15 lbs that is… so by making your small goal of just 2 pounds it makes it more reachable for the moment!

Thanks for sharing your August goals! Mine are:

* Stick to my wedding planning timeline for August. Don’t get ahead of myself, and don’t try to do too much!
    * Continue to increase my long-run mileage. I’m hoping to be back up to 12 mile long-runs by the end of August.
    * Move into our new apartment! I realize this is inevitable and not really a goal, but I can still hope, right?!

Have a great Monday!

What is it with boyfriends and keys? Mine left his in a friends truck the other day…the friend happens to live 40 minutes away, and he realized he didn’t have them 2 hours before work. Hence a mad dash to retrieve the keys took place!

My goal this month is to start training for the Thanksgiving 1/2 marathon and get 7 miles under my belt in under 1 hr. I don’t think it would be too hard if it wasn’t 1000 degrees outside. Fingers crossed;)

7. Nicole says

Water water everywhere….

Are you like me and have a tough time drinking plain ol’ water? I need to have bubbles or flavor in mine!

I love your monthly goals. I hope it’s okay, I started doing it on my blog as well, it’s an awesome way to keep yourself accountable.

9. Amy says

I just saw that August 3rd is National Watermelon Day and thought of you! Got big plans to celebrate the melon?