Watermelons and Looking Familiar

This afternoon I hit up Costco for some essentials. Ben has been eating big ol’ salads for lunch too so we’re going though hearts of romaine like it’s watermelon water.IMG 8060 800x600 thumb Watermelons and Looking Familiar

Random note: A guy in line thought I looked familiar and said he knew me. That actually happens fairly often. I suspect it’s because I have red hair. Like someone remembers that so-and-so’s friend/daughter/enemy had red hair and assumes it’s me?? I dunno.

I am in love with my new watermelon. I spent 10 minutes up to my knees in the watermelon bin choosing the best one. It’s HUGE just like I like it wlEmoticon winkingsmile21 Watermelons and Looking FamiliarIMG 8062 800x600 thumb Watermelons and Looking Familiar

I went straight home and had a moment with it. This is love.IMG 8067 600x800 thumb Watermelons and Looking Familiar

The rind was super thin too! No padding for this watermelon – this was all the real deal unlike my padded bras. IMG 8069 800x600 thumb Watermelons and Looking Familiar

Dinner was a turkey burger on wheat sourdough. Cuts the roof of your mouth like a mo-fo, but is totally worth it.IMG 8091 800x533 thumb Watermelons and Looking Familiar

I’m thinking about some graham crackers for dessert? Maybe with melted Adora disks.

pin it button Watermelons and Looking Familiar

Comments

i always get told “oh you look like my cousin” or “you look like my best friend from back home” CONSTANTLY. I never know what to reply though! Do I say “thanks, I hope you think she’s pretty!?” i guess have a universal look or something!

A guy once gave me the “you look familiar” line. His friend said, “you were just trying to hit on her.” (He was, but I did look familiar because he went to college with me.)

I think there are some people who have familiar faces. The weirdest thing is when someone sincerely confuses you for someone else. This has only happened to me once and I kinda thought the woman was joking. It makes me wonder how much my doppelganger really does look like me.

3. Adria Biasi says

I am also a red head and get that I look like someone someone knows all the time!!! Three times I have been asked if I am the girl that works at this one gas station thats about 20 miles from my town, once I looked like someone from a cranberry museum, and then there is this couple that always shops at my work and whenever they come in I get to hear about how I look exactly like their daughter. WTF!!?? its cuz us red heads are hotties!!

I’m not a big fan of watermelon, but wow, that’s a big’un!

I get mistaken for people quite often. There was apparently a girl at my old college that was my doppelganger, I wish I’d met her!

5. Emily says

I’m a red head too and always get told I look like someone’s cousin, best friend, etc. We must all look alike ;)

6. Crystal says

Monica,

I too have red hair, so I completely understand what happened to you. People always say, “you look just like this person!!” & I look nothing like the person, they just have red hair. -____-

Haha, love your blog!

I’m a fellow ginger and I get that all the time – I feel like you just explained my life! Thanks for clearing all that up for me. You didn’t feel like telling him he probably recognized you because you were a famous blogger? I feel like I’m cheating on watermelon but I’m all about the canteloupe and honeydew this summer.

I think being recognized is totally the red hair. I got asked several times (while traveling across the country, so I was hundreds of miles from you, mind you) if I was so-and-so because I looked JUST like them.

Seriously, we can’t look like everyone!

Costco= heaven on earth [pretty much] :) I do the same thing whenever I’m trying to find the best bags of cantaloupes or grapefruits- no shame!

The other day there was a total creepster @ TJ’s who took my picture [before asking or even talking to me] and after my Dear and I saw her creepily staring, she said “oh, sorry, I thought you were someone else…” UM, HELLO WACKO!

10. Nicole says

Would you ever carve a watermelon instead of a pumpkin on Halloween? Or, is that defacing a treat?

Hmm…random thought: Maybe a carved watermelon would be a cute backyard BBQ party decoration. Hmm….

I bought my first watermelon of the summer today. I can’t believe I waited so long – it looks amazing.

And I’m always being told that I look familiar or like so-and-so’s sister. I think it’s because I’m a generic white girl with blue eyes and brown hair. Oh well.