Eggs N’ Toast

Hello and Happy Monday Tuesday! I haven’t been checking my training calendar the night before lately so I didn’t realize I had 8 miles on the schedule for today. I just didn’t feel like doing that much so I switched with Wednesday and did just under 5 today.IMG 8786 800x533 thumb Eggs N’ Toast

Since I posted my training calendar on the wall I haven’t really been thinking about my next run or workout until that morning. I used to have a good idea of what to expect the day before, but not lately. I can’t decide if that’s a good thing or a bad thing?IMG 8798 800x533 thumb Eggs N’ Toast

I planned on making eggs and toast for breakfast, but somehow that turned into Eggs in Toast aka French Toast wlEmoticon winkingsmile3 Eggs N’ ToastIMG 8787 800x533 thumb Eggs N’ Toast

Bagel thin French Toast with Peanut Butter, syrup and loads of iced coffee.IMG 8796 800x533 thumb Eggs N’ Toast

I have to take my car into get serviced today, then it’s work time!

Question: Do you plan out your next day’s workout the night before? For the week?

It’s weird that I haven’t been paying attention until I wake up and check my schedule. I think it’s good that I’m not overly concerned about it, but some days (like today!) I don’t allow myself enough time for what’s on the schedule!

Comments

Marathon training has made me really anal about making sure I know exactly what I’ll be doing several days in advance. It’s more a mental thing for me because if I wake up knowing that I have to do 6, 8, or 16 miles, it’s much easier to get through because I feel committed.

2. Jessica says

When I’m training for a race I pretty much know what my workouts are for the week. But once taper time comes it’s more of a “look at the schedule that morning” kind of thing.

Honestly, I do a little bit of both…I have a set couple of classes I go to at the gym (yoga and group power aka weight training) and then on the weekends i always disc golf with my husband, but other than that I sporadically eiher go on my morning 4 milers or run after work, depending on my mood and what else I have to do that thay. By having both scheduled and non-scheduled workouts I am able to be free but also not slack off too too much ;)

I like your idea of keeping a workout calendar up though…I think that might help me stay on track more with a workout or two more per week! Good times…

I typically have an idea of what I want to do workout-wise, but I also like to adjust a bit based on how I’m feeling on the day itself. If I’m exhausted from work, there’s no need to run 7 miles instead of 4-5 if I’m not training for a race.

I had a very similar breakfast the other day! I ended up making French toast… at the end I poured in the rest of the eggs and it became more like eggy toast… I smeared it with PB and LOADS of syrup. YUMINMYTUM

I have to plan my work-outs at least a day in advance… for a few reasons: half-marathon training schedule, my work schedule and plans that my boyfriend and I have. We have so much going on during the week and it sometimes seems like every last minute counts. This can be VERY frustrating.., having to adhere to a strict schedule all week to make it all fit. It’s stressful even though these are all things I WANT to do. Weird, right? Though while I’m running, I forget about it all :-D

6. Ida says

I make a plan for the week, and never follow it! I like to be able to run whatever I feel like that day. i do try to keep to the planned long run though and hit the total mileage that I set out to do.

I have never planned a workout before. I mean, I know I’m going to the gym and I just sort of pick whatever type of machine is free when I get there. Although I definitely prefer some forms of working out over others.

I generally plan my workouts for the week in advance. And I mean “generally”! I know that Mondays and Wednesdays I will do some sort of cardio and strength training. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I will run according to my current 5k training plan. Fridays I will just do some sort of 30-45 minute cardio, and Sundays I rest.

Your bagel thin french toast looks tasty – I’ll have to try that some time!

I always look at my schedule for the night before when i’m training for something. that way if I have a long run planned, I can pump myself up for it the night before

I like to plan my workouts but will keep things flexible. It is the rainy season in Florida, so my runs get moved around a lot because of storms. If I don’t plan anything, I end up wasting a lot of time thinking about what to do, instead of actually doing it.

I wish i could make a running schedule. with work i’m doing so much hiking that it seems impossible to actually run and train for anything. I want to run another marathon dangit! Oh wait, did I just say that?! what?!?!?!

Don’t do it! It always seems like a good idea until you’re in it…
      Kidding.
      Buuuut, I do feel like I can’t concentrate on strength or cross training because all my life is running bs.