Eggs N’ Toast

Hello and Happy Monday Tuesday! I haven’t been checking my training calendar the night before lately so I didn’t realize I had 8 miles on the schedule for today. I just didn’t feel like doing that much so I switched with Wednesday and did just under 5 today.IMG_8786 (800x533)

Since I posted my training calendar on the wall I haven’t really been thinking about my next run or workout until that morning. I used to have a good idea of what to expect the day before, but not lately. I can’t decide if that’s a good thing or a bad thing?IMG_8798 (800x533)

I planned on making eggs and toast for breakfast, but somehow that turned into Eggs in Toast aka French Toast Winking smileIMG_8787 (800x533)

Bagel thin French Toast with Peanut Butter, syrup and loads of iced coffee.IMG_8796 (800x533)

I have to take my car into get serviced today, then it’s work time!

Question: Do you plan out your next day’s workout the night before? For the week?

It’s weird that I haven’t been paying attention until I wake up and check my schedule. I think it’s good that I’m not overly concerned about it, but some days (like today!) I don’t allow myself enough time for what’s on the schedule!

Comments

Marathon training has made me really anal about making sure I know exactly what I’ll be doing several days in advance. It’s more a mental thing for me because if I wake up knowing that I have to do 6, 8, or 16 miles, it’s much easier to get through because I feel committed.

2. Jessica says

When I’m training for a race I pretty much know what my workouts are for the week. But once taper time comes it’s more of a “look at the schedule that morning” kind of thing.

Honestly, I do a little bit of both…I have a set couple of classes I go to at the gym (yoga and group power aka weight training) and then on the weekends i always disc golf with my husband, but other than that I sporadically eiher go on my morning 4 milers or run after work, depending on my mood and what else I have to do that thay. By having both scheduled and non-scheduled workouts I am able to be free but also not slack off too too much 😉

I like your idea of keeping a workout calendar up though…I think that might help me stay on track more with a workout or two more per week! Good times…

I typically have an idea of what I want to do workout-wise, but I also like to adjust a bit based on how I’m feeling on the day itself. If I’m exhausted from work, there’s no need to run 7 miles instead of 4-5 if I’m not training for a race.

I had a very similar breakfast the other day! I ended up making French toast… at the end I poured in the rest of the eggs and it became more like eggy toast… I smeared it with PB and LOADS of syrup. YUMINMYTUM

I have to plan my work-outs at least a day in advance… for a few reasons: half-marathon training schedule, my work schedule and plans that my boyfriend and I have. We have so much going on during the week and it sometimes seems like every last minute counts. This can be VERY frustrating.., having to adhere to a strict schedule all week to make it all fit. It’s stressful even though these are all things I WANT to do. Weird, right? Though while I’m running, I forget about it all 😀

6. Ida says

I make a plan for the week, and never follow it! I like to be able to run whatever I feel like that day. i do try to keep to the planned long run though and hit the total mileage that I set out to do.

I have never planned a workout before. I mean, I know I’m going to the gym and I just sort of pick whatever type of machine is free when I get there. Although I definitely prefer some forms of working out over others.

I generally plan my workouts for the week in advance. And I mean “generally”! I know that Mondays and Wednesdays I will do some sort of cardio and strength training. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I will run according to my current 5k training plan. Fridays I will just do some sort of 30-45 minute cardio, and Sundays I rest.

Your bagel thin french toast looks tasty – I’ll have to try that some time!

I always look at my schedule for the night before when i’m training for something. that way if I have a long run planned, I can pump myself up for it the night before

I like to plan my workouts but will keep things flexible. It is the rainy season in Florida, so my runs get moved around a lot because of storms. If I don’t plan anything, I end up wasting a lot of time thinking about what to do, instead of actually doing it.

I wish i could make a running schedule. with work i’m doing so much hiking that it seems impossible to actually run and train for anything. I want to run another marathon dangit! Oh wait, did I just say that?! what?!?!?!

Don’t do it! It always seems like a good idea until you’re in it…
      Kidding.
      Buuuut, I do feel like I can’t concentrate on strength or cross training because all my life is running bs.