Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

I am attending the Dole Healthy Lifestyle Summit until Friday and am currently blogging from the fanciest hotel I’ve ever stomped into! Dole herded me and a few other bloggers together to talk food, recipes and healthy living in Westlake Village for a few days. IMG 1940 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

This is no joke – the hotel room is bigger than my life condo!IMG 1934 533x800 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

IMG 1936 533x800 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

If this was House Hunters I would make a comment about how excited I am for the soaking tub. You know, cause people use those all the time…IMG 1942 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

IMG 1945 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

You know how you know a place is fancy?

They have a T.V. in the bathroom. Done.IMG 1946 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

I am still feeling sick and ate really light (for me) today. So, I felt weird at the cocktail party – like I was hungry, but nauseous. I dunno.IMG 1953 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Before dinner we had a Top Chef Challenge! I was on the salad team. We had to use these ingredients: walnuts, shallots and salad. IMG 1962 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

There were big tables set up covered with ingredients and we had free reign of everything.IMG 1966 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Go fig.ure wlEmoticon winkingsmile Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger SummitIMG 1968 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

IMG 1969 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

My team started making the salad without me…IMG 1972 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

because I had to take a leek.IMG 1971 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Leah from Bookieboo is here too! I write for her and I’m a fan of the redhair wlEmoticon smile3 Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger SummitIMG 1973 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Finally I got to chopping the walnuts. I was in charge of caramelizing them.IMG 1982 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger SummitIMG 1981 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

I was also in charge of repeating, “Don’t cut your finger off in front of all these people. Don’t cut your finger off in front of all these people…” in my head.IMG 1980 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

The whole group:IMG 1994 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Once we were done cooking we had to present our dishes to the judges super Top Chef style. But, Meghann was confused and did the YMCA.IMG 2003 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

and a sexy dance… No wonder she won! Cheater.IMG 2005 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Luckily, the judges liked our Dole-icious Salad. I’m considering it 2nd place.IMG 1998 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

IMG 2008 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Finally it was time to eat! We started with an asparagus soup.IMG 2010 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

The main course was a buffet. The #1 reason I strength train is to be able to carry heavy plates at a buffet. It’s funny ‘cause it’s true. IMG 2012 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Dessert was a light cheesecakse and berry crumble. IMG 2022 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

And around midnight Boston time Tina finally made it! She had major travel issues, hopefully the weather will be nice to make up for it wlEmoticon smile3 Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger SummitIMG 2024 800x533 thumb Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

We have a full agenda of fun stuff planned for tomorrow. You can follow along on twitter with the hashtag  #dolehealthsummit

Okay, I still feel a little sick and really need to get some sleep wlEmoticon sadsmile Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit See ya later!

pin it button Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit

Comments

You totally caught me with the butter with that shot….ahhh.,..it was healthy…healthy balance…and so was the brown sugar…okay, fine…at least we put that mushroom powder stuff in our crumble to give it more Vitamin D. LOL

2. Katelynn says

I work for Dole and was SUPER excited to see this post. I unfortunately do not work out of Westlake Village, which I’ve heard in FAB, but I sell Dole Fresh WholePineapple out my office located in northern New Jersey. SOOO excited to see that we are doing so much with the blog community and that bloggers like you and Tina were invited. I read both of your blogs daily! Yay for promoting healthy eating…and the not so healthy but fun stuff!

I had no idea Dole had initiatives like this! I work with some of the Ag folks for my day job – I love my farmers! And yes, I thank them every day when I eat my fruits and veggies.
    Looks like so much fun! enjoy!

It stinks that you are still not feeling well – I hope you get better quickly.

I am a HUGE fan of soaking tubs. My biggest must when we were house-hunting was that my bathroom needed a bathtub. I had stand-up showers all through college and wanted to have the ability to soak when I was sick or after a hard workout or when it was minus ten degrees outside..

I’m so jealous! I am literally across the street from you at work right now and all that food looks so good as I sit here with my instant oatmeal. If you need a good not-so-healthy fix though I highly suggest the amazing soft serve and churros at costco :)

you crack me up…take a leek…haha! That salad definitely looked like it was top chef caliber to me…

Nothing like an amazing hotel room to make you feel better when you’re not feeling well…hope it does the trick! :)

What a blast! Hotels are my favorite, I can pretend that all that swankiness is natural to me. Guess it’s pretty obvious that it’s not once I start running and giggling up and down all the halls. Oh well, nice to pretend :)

Sweet hotel room! You’re so right about the tub, though–does anyone actually use those?? I personally am not a fan of taking baths as opposed to showers. It’s so much harder to feel clean when you’re just sitting there in a tub of water. I get that people take baths for the sole purpose of relaxing, also, but honestly it doesn’t work for me! Give me 30 seconds and I’m already cold..and bored.

9. Paige Hoyt says

Just wanted to say thank you for getting me off my arse to do Pile on the Miles. I just finished my run… and I’m wishing I had that gorgeous tub.

Hope you feel better! That event looks like so much fun. One of my roommates from college works in the spa at that Four Seasons. It looks like such a gorgeous property!

If you’re still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you’ll know which is right for you.

Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit | Run Eat Repeat I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks! your article about Dole Healthy Lifestyle Blogger Summit | Run Eat RepeatBest Regards Justin