I am Nuttzo

Last night I made my Choatmeal Toffee Cookies from the Mason Jar Cookie Company.IMG 3502 600x800 thumb I am NuttzoIMG 3609 800x600 thumb I am Nuttzo

They were really good and Ben and I put a BIG dent in them! But, my search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie continues…IMG 3612 800x600 thumb I am Nuttzo

This morning we took a short walk before breakfast.  I picked up Nutzo Multi-nut butter as a Christmas present to myself (from WF yesterday). I had high expectations for it given the price – $9.99!!!

IMG 3630 600x800 thumb I am Nuttzo

Unfortunately, it didn’t rock my world. It’s good, but I was hoping it would be good enough that I wouldn’t need jelly on top. Nope.IMG 3626 800x600 thumb I am Nuttzo

I like that it’s very crunchy and you can actually see the sunflower seeds in it, but I don’t think the taste justifies the price. IMG 3628 800x600 thumb I am Nuttzo

Then, I wanted to do some strength training – something I neglected last week! I was about to go to the gym, but Ben reminded me about his Goodwill weights set. They are supposed to be changeable, but only one of them works (the other is stuck at 40lb.). So, I did one side of arms at a time.IMG 3634 600x800 thumb I am Nuttzo

It’s a good thing I stayed home because Ben said I was dressed like a crazy nutzo person. It’s funny because it’s true…IMG 3635 600x800 thumb I am Nuttzo

*Yes, our presents are not wrapped yet and we’re celebrating Christmas with my family tonight!

Ortholite sent me these insoles to try out. I put them in my KSwiss Tubes to give them some new life on my walk this morning.  I usually wait to put insoles in my shoes until they’ve got some miles on them.IMG 3641 800x600 thumb I am Nuttzo

Ortholite has offered to send a pair of insoles to 3 RER readers! Just leave a comment answering:

When was the last time you got a pedicure?

Contest ends Monday 12/18/11 at 8am PST. US Residents only

pin it button I am Nuttzo

Comments

1. Nicole says

Last pedicure I got was in late September….right before I hopped on a plane to see a cousin get married in Chicago. My mom always makes fun of what horrible shape my feet are in (yeah, thanks Ma!), so I should get my tootsies taken care of more frequently!

2. Tina says

Pedicure? Why running gives me one – I don’t have toe nails on two of my toes! Everytime I’ve gone while being a runner the pedicurist would give me a dirty look. I would rather run than have pretty feet :)

Ahhhh my last pedicure was sometime over the summer! I am in desperate need of one.. I just keep painting over the dark color I have on so no one can see the bruises i always have from running ;-)

I got a pedicure before Thanksgiving. I’m rockin’ gel polish though so they still look good. Sadly, the length is not so good.

My boyfriend and I are actually going to get his or her pedicures tomorrow since it’s his birthday.

5. Mary says

I actually had my FIRST EVER pedicure after Black Friday shopping this year. It was great…I may have to go back for more!

6. Karen says

I’ve never had a pedicure. I’m too scared to get one because my feet are ticklish. And yeah that Nutzo is grosso. I bought it because a popular blogger raved about it. It was the worst 10 bucks I ever spent. Bleh!

Those cookies look great, and they are making me want to try something similar…

I haven’t had a pedicure in… a long time. It has been at the very least since Nora was born, and she just turned one, so, yeah.

8. Racheal says

My last pedicure was about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It was a girls day out with my very good (and very pregnant) friend Aimee. We were celebrating that she was now on maternity and I was now off maternity leave and returning to work (more of a celebration for her than me). We enjoyed pedicures and then lunch at Hanks bakery in Port Perry (Ontario). It will hopefully only be another week and a half or so until we will get to meet her baby!

9. Kellie says

My feet are so sad that I am embarassed to get a pedi. Last one was last February before we went to Mexico. My toenails are still black from running so I am waiting until they fall off to get one.

10. Johnna says

I don’t think I’ve had a pedicure for about 4 years – it was right before Christmas in preparation for a trip to Jamaica. I always take off my nail polish in the winter and let them grow back all white and sparkly! Right now my toes are bare and U G L Y!

I have such a hart time doing strength training unless I go to a workout class. But recently I bought weights for my house and downloaded the FREE Nike Training app. It gives you options for toning/strength/cardio workouts at different levels and for different times. I was SO sore yesterday. It works!!

12. Katie says

The last time I got a pedicure was a year and a half ago, before I left my college job as a spa receptionist. I’m too mortified to let people touch my feet now! Running daily = nasty calluses & toenails :)

13. lea says

I don’t think I have ever gotten a pedicure. But my pregnant sore feet could really use some inserts right about now.

14. Lindsay says

The last time I got a pedicure was…way too long. I have callouses and other unsightly running feet nasties. Ped Egg isn’t cutting it!

15. Amy says

Well im not sure if you meant the contest ended on the 18th or Monday the 19th –so Im going to answer anyway! I got a pedicure last month!

16. Dannielle says

Tonight! I just got home from a crazy semester and my mom and I went and got pedicures ( : Kind of pointless since I’m in NH and no one will be looking at my feet until May…but they are still pretty

I recently bought my first jar of Nuttzo and couldn’t wait to try it, and I was also disappointed after trying it. Not bad, but not worth the crazy price for sure.

The last time I got a pedicure was during the summer at a friend’s baby shower. It was my last, first, and ONLY pedicure I have ever gotten!

18. adrianna says

i’ve only had one, back in 2006, via my aunt. it was delightful! i’ve just never treated myself to another one. my feet are rank.

Last Christmas, unless you count the botch job I did for myself earlier today. Maybe I should get them done more than once a year, but considering I haven’t cut or trimmed my hair in 18 months I guess its not surprising. I fail as a girly-girl! ; )

I love this post so much. My Christmas gifts are currently all in amazon boxes as well. I was supposed to wrap them tonight, but I suck at life.

My last pedicure….hmmm…..I think maybe I got one with my sister before a labor day wedding? The guy looked at me like I was completely insane when I requested he leave my callouses as they were. I tried to explain I needed them for running, but he wasn’t with me.

I havent had a pedicure in over a year! I have really been meaning to get one but I cant justify spending money on my feet at this time of the year

22. Carissa says

My first and last (meaning most recent, not meaning that I won’t ever do it again) pedicure was about 2 years ago, and was a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas!

My last one was last April. I was going to get one after my half marathon in October but my toenail fell off. And I did not want to scare any of the lovely people at the salon…

24. Erin says

Last pedicure? 12 years ago when I was in high school. Hated every minute of it. I like to be the only one touching my feet.

25. Jessica says

I last got a pedicure 5 years ago. While I enjoyed it, my feet are too ticklish/sensitive to have someone touching them. Plus I am too cheap.

Pedicures are the best…I had one 2 weeks ago! I paid freakin $19 for Nuttzo and as much as I tried to love it, I still have half a jar remaining…it’s been over a year since I bought it!

27. Laura @ Backstage Balance says

Girl, my last pedicure was last March (aka before marathon training season). I painted my nails and stuff for summer, but wouldn’t feel right paying someone to touch my feet. I currently don’t have a toenail on one of my big toes!

monica- if you are trying to make yourself feel better about the shape your feet are in- here goes- i haven’t gotten a pedicure since august!!!!!! gross huh? and i’ve currently got race-training calloused feet on top of the fact that there are tiny specs of leftover teal polish from the last time i got them done. its pretty hot.

I got a pedicure back in november. I was going every 6 weeks but I’m trying to save more money so they have been cut…along with my every 3 week shellac mani :( apparently running is starting to drain my budget with signing up for races and buying clothes and accessories for all seasons.

30. Katie says

It’s been months cuz I left annoyed everytime. The pedicurists kept hurting my toes, over filing my toenails which led to sensitive skin, and trying get me to pay $5 to scrub my callouses and $20 to get an eyebrow wax. I will do my own damnit!!! And no, I don’t have a boyfriend…..why do they always ask that?

31. Rebecca says

The last time I got a pedicure was sometime in September. My husband got laid off at the end of that month so we have had to cut out non-essential things like pedicures

I am guilty and admit that I used to get a mani/ pedi every other week-*gasp*! That’s when I didn’t have to pay my bills, now that I’m earning my own income and am reminded by my Dear that he’ll love me regardless of how my nails look, I’ve cut back to once a month haha :P

Summer 2009, right before my wedding :-) In the past 2 years Ive done two Ironmans….which has led to some toenail loss :-P Think they give discounts if you only need 7/10 painted? :-D

34. KK says

I don’t even remember? Is that gross? Also, I live in Boston, so nobody’s seeing these puppies til like June, so… I’m staying this way.

35. Belinda M. says

My last pedicure was for my birthday. The first week of November. And I desperately need one now. So sad… Maybe after the holidays I will have time for SELF. :)

36. Maren says

It was so long ago, I can’t even remember!! So sad lol…I promised once I got my dumb boot off, I’d go get one, so now I need to actually do it!

37. amanda says

The last time I had a pedi? Hmmmm…I honestly don’t know…maybe 3 years? I try to do them to myself about 1-2 times a month but they never turn out the same

38. Denise says

Darn I missed another giveaway because I fail to check blogs during the weekend.

I had a pedicure in maybe July. I had heard some horror stories of runners getting pedicures that caused problems so I’d been hesitating but I had a gift cert to use. I always say I’m going to get one and then just get all frugal and say I can just do an at home one. Maybe after my next half on 12/26 I’ll treat myself again.