Ask a Monican #28

Monica from Run Eat Repeat answers:
1. How do you deal with family criticizing you about things you post on social media sites?
2. What training plan do you use for a half marathon? Sports bra recommendations?
3. What brand of Running Capris do you like??

Things I talked about…

Half Marathon Training programs:

Jeff Galloway Half Marathon Training

Hal Higdon Half Marathon Training

Dressing for Cold Weather Running

Orville Redenbacher Giveaway!!!

Got a question for me about anything under the sun?

Email me at runeatrepeat at gmail dot com or leave a comment. Your question will be anonymous unless you specify that you are okay sharing your name.

Comments

1. Diane says

for the person asking about the sports bra, the moving comfort juno bra is amazing!! I have the Lulu one and the moving comfort and I prefer the moving comfort one, trust me you wont be going anywhere in this bra! They are both the same price so from someone that has tried them both I say Moving Comfort!!

Diane

• Patty says

I agree that the Moving Comfort Juno bra is awesome! It is a little hard to get into and out of but there will be NO movement when you are running. The bras are a little pricey but last and sometimes they are cheaper on Amazon (sold by Moving Comfort).

I absolutely love Lululemon!! Hoping I can fit into them by my first half-marathon in October, or well before!

I totally love your blog. I’m relatively new to blogging, and even reading blogs, but you rock. I’m hoping that by the time I get to my goal I can maintain mostly with running. I was so excited when I was able to finish 5km straight.

Thanks for rocking!!

Megan

3. Julie says

If you’re over a DD, you should try the Enell sports bra. Ugly as heck but holds you in! Most lines (Shock Absorber, Moving Comfort, Champion) only go up to DD.

I don’t have big tatas but i still love the tata tamer!

Also, I’ve never heard of Cool Running, thanks for pointing that training program out. I always look forward to your ask a monican :)

i’m also on a healthy eating plan to reach my goal weight. i def have A LOT farther to go than you do.. but do you ever feel overwhelmed? i get so worried that, even though i’m doing this the right way this time, i’m going to lose the weight and then not be able to keep it off, like i always have in the past. do you ever get frustrated with maintaining?

thanks! love your blog!

6. Tami says

I totally agree on the comment regarding the sports bra. I am 34d and have both the ta-ta tamer and the moving comfort juno. I totally prefer the juno over the ta-ta tamer. It’s more comfortable, more supportive, and can be found cheaper online.

7. carrie bradshaw says

hey lady! i hope you feel better this weekend – get lots of sleep. you deserve it and need it! you sound so cute with a stuffy nose:)
    i just love your videos and wanted to say you are a fantastic chick. i wish you were down under in oz, so we could go on iced coffee walks together and be real life buddies. i just got offered a job at a Lulu store in Oz, so i will be able to give lots of reviews on running and yoga clothes down the road. xoxx

Drawstrings are exactly what I look for in workout shorts. Especially because my weight is in my stomach and not my hips. Shorts just want to slide down off my non-existent hips!

You have the coolest accent/way of talking. Must be a west coast thing?

I also tend to worry about what I put on my blog. My boyfriend’s family reads it on occasion, and I am waaay more worried about what they think of me than what my own family thinks.

I have more of a vanity question for you: How do you keep your legs hair-free every day, and does it ever wreck your skin?

Thanks Monica! And yes, you have permission to use my name :)