Ask a Monican #28

Monica from Run Eat Repeat answers:
1. How do you deal with family criticizing you about things you post on social media sites?
2. What training plan do you use for a half marathon? Sports bra recommendations?
3. What brand of Running Capris do you like??

Things I talked about…

Half Marathon Training programs:

Jeff Galloway Half Marathon Training

Hal Higdon Half Marathon Training

Dressing for Cold Weather Running

Orville Redenbacher Giveaway!!!

Got a question for me about anything under the sun?

Email me at runeatrepeat at gmail dot com or leave a comment. Your question will be anonymous unless you specify that you are okay sharing your name.

pin it button Ask a Monican #28

Comments

1. Diane says

for the person asking about the sports bra, the moving comfort juno bra is amazing!! I have the Lulu one and the moving comfort and I prefer the moving comfort one, trust me you wont be going anywhere in this bra! They are both the same price so from someone that has tried them both I say Moving Comfort!!

Diane

• Patty says

I agree that the Moving Comfort Juno bra is awesome! It is a little hard to get into and out of but there will be NO movement when you are running. The bras are a little pricey but last and sometimes they are cheaper on Amazon (sold by Moving Comfort).

I absolutely love Lululemon!! Hoping I can fit into them by my first half-marathon in October, or well before!

I totally love your blog. I’m relatively new to blogging, and even reading blogs, but you rock. I’m hoping that by the time I get to my goal I can maintain mostly with running. I was so excited when I was able to finish 5km straight.

Thanks for rocking!!

Megan

3. Julie says

If you’re over a DD, you should try the Enell sports bra. Ugly as heck but holds you in! Most lines (Shock Absorber, Moving Comfort, Champion) only go up to DD.

I don’t have big tatas but i still love the tata tamer!

Also, I’ve never heard of Cool Running, thanks for pointing that training program out. I always look forward to your ask a monican :)

i’m also on a healthy eating plan to reach my goal weight. i def have A LOT farther to go than you do.. but do you ever feel overwhelmed? i get so worried that, even though i’m doing this the right way this time, i’m going to lose the weight and then not be able to keep it off, like i always have in the past. do you ever get frustrated with maintaining?

thanks! love your blog!

6. Tami says

I totally agree on the comment regarding the sports bra. I am 34d and have both the ta-ta tamer and the moving comfort juno. I totally prefer the juno over the ta-ta tamer. It’s more comfortable, more supportive, and can be found cheaper online.

7. carrie bradshaw says

hey lady! i hope you feel better this weekend – get lots of sleep. you deserve it and need it! you sound so cute with a stuffy nose:)
    i just love your videos and wanted to say you are a fantastic chick. i wish you were down under in oz, so we could go on iced coffee walks together and be real life buddies. i just got offered a job at a Lulu store in Oz, so i will be able to give lots of reviews on running and yoga clothes down the road. xoxx

Drawstrings are exactly what I look for in workout shorts. Especially because my weight is in my stomach and not my hips. Shorts just want to slide down off my non-existent hips!

You have the coolest accent/way of talking. Must be a west coast thing?

I also tend to worry about what I put on my blog. My boyfriend’s family reads it on occasion, and I am waaay more worried about what they think of me than what my own family thinks.

I have more of a vanity question for you: How do you keep your legs hair-free every day, and does it ever wreck your skin?

Thanks Monica! And yes, you have permission to use my name :)