Salad in a Sabra Container

Happy Thursday! This week is keeping me super busy and I haven’t even touched the pile of emails I missed from over the weekend!

Mid-morning I snacked on some strawberries, but they were gross. So I grabbed an apple and it was ashy. I’m on my way to the store for some cherries as soon as I finish up a few work things. Must.Have.Good.Fruit.IMG 1433 800x600 thumb Salad in a Sabra Container

they dont even taste like anything enough to say theyre yucky Salad in a Sabra Container

The blog world loves Oats in a Jar. I get it, but I normally lick my nut jars too clean for it to be worth it. (Doesn’t those sound inappropriate?)

Nah, salad in a jar bucket is more my thing. I buy Sabra hummus by the bucket from Costco. I’ve said this before but Sabra hummus is the ONLY hummus for me. Trust.

When my bucket o’hummus gets low I fill it up with veggies and use the leftover hummus as 2nd salad dressing.IMG 1434 800x600 thumb Salad in a Sabra Container

Salad in a bucket contains: lettuce, onions, tomatoes, 1 hard boiled egg, turkey, chickpeas, cheese, a few chips while making.

Yes, I topped my hummus salad with chickpeas. I can’t get enough.IMG 1438 600x800 thumb Salad in a Sabra Container

This meal needed some extra carbs so I added a rice cake with PB&JIMG 1442 800x600 thumb Salad in a Sabra Container

A little while later, this girl needed a sweet something so I added a Vitatop.IMG 1440 800x600 thumb Salad in a Sabra Container

I just thought I should use my ice cream containers to eat cereal out of so I get that extra ice creamy goodness. Too much?

Winner of the Better Chip Giveaway:  Fancy Nancy! Email me your info icon smile Salad in a Sabra Container

Comments

1. Karoline says

Woop! Thanks for the salad hummus idea thinger! Are vita tops gf? And If not do you know of a Similar treat that is gf?

Nothing is like a Vitatop. They are the BEST 100 calorie treat you can find. Sadly, you won’t be able to find anything that comes close (trust me I’ve searched).

Oh. My. God. This is GENIUS. I always lick my pb jars completely clean too (actually I get a super long dessert spoon and scrape it until it shines it’s so clean.) But I’m SO going to do this with my hummus.

Wow, I’ve seen lots of people making overnight oats in peanut butter jars, but I never realized that it was to use up the last scrapings of pb! I guess I thought it was an odd recycling trend..

(Why am I admitting this??)

Anyway, your salad looks delish!

Ha! Ditto to the comment above- I never realized that. But your hummus salad is really making me want some hummus.

Ironically I work in a pharmacy in a grocery store, but this location doesn’t carry hummus or it would have been my lunch too. WTF?!?!?

WOw, so sorry you haven’t had luck with the fruit today. I hate when that happens…fruit should taste like candy by now! :)

And I think you may have just stumbled onto the newest blog obsession..SIAHC (salad in a hummus container)

6. marie says

DH actually put a couple of scoops of chocolate ice cream in his dinner cereal the other night. He always puts in a banana and chocolate syrup, so it wasn’t too far a stretch…

Oh my word I’m a Sabra Snob too! For a while it was one of my primary food groups – vegetables, fruits, grains, Sabra & Fro Yo. I’ve worked to balance that out a bit more lately.

I LOVE Sabra too! I especially love it when my grocery has them Buy One Get One. They are magical.

Second blog today with Vitatop muffins… I’m going to have to try these.