Fun Friday with the Elote Man

Happy Friday! I’m still getting used to working full time again and between that and training at the gym I have never been so happy to see FRIDAY!!! Plus there is some MAJOR cool stuff coming down with the blog/running and once I read through the contracts I will share all the details wlEmoticon smile19 Fun Friday with the Elote Man

Ben and I took a walk after work yesterday to hit up the store for cherries. Well, they weren’t good so we passed.

But on the way home the elote man was out so we scored some corn on a stick! Where I grew up there are people who push a shopping cart with a big pot of corn for sale.

He puts the cooked corn on a stick and slathers it with mayo, butter, parmesan cheese and chili. 20120524 182211 1 600x800 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote Man

I skipped the mayo and got everything else. They’re $1.50 each now, they used to be a dollar. Times are tough.20120524 182524 800x600 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote Man

We had actually bought corn to go with dinner, but this was so much easier! Do you wish you had an elote man?IMG 1445 800x600 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote Man

I found beef sliders on Manager’s Special and bought them for Ben yesterday. Since I never buy beef Ben thought this was quite the special occasion and wanted me to take a picture of it…IMG 1447 800x600 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote Man

I needed chocolate after dinner.IMG 1450 600x800 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote Man

This morning I did an easy 4 miler in the sprinkle-y rain. I was super hungry when I got back and made an oatmeal pancake.IMG 1452 800x600 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote Man

In a bowl: 1/3c oats, 1 egg, 1 egg white, scoop cottage cheese, baking soda, dash salt & stevia & chia seeds

Cook. Top with PB & Syrup. Eat.IMG 1454 800x600 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote Man

Fun Friday Fings:

The song of the relay was Call Me, Maybe and I still can’t get it out of my head. Now, neither can you. (I wish we could talk politics here, but I keep my rants to myself and Ben. You’re welcome.)

Maru is the best cat. It’s science.

Elizabeth got us all light up rings to wear during our night leg of the relay. (Remember that part of the race where I freaked out.)rtb monica leg 2 thumb1 Fun Friday with the Elote Man

Anyways, it still lights up! This makes me happy. I’m going to wear my ring and sing Call Me Maybe all day long.IMG 1458 800x600 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote ManIMG 1457 800x600 thumb Fun Friday with the Elote Man

Question: What are you doing this weekend?!

Comments

I’m excited to hear about the cool blog/running stuff! When my husband and I backpacked, they had the best corn with chili powder on it. I crave it all the time!
    We’re going camping to Jasper. I can’t wait for some hiking, mountainous bike riding, and fun!
    Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.

LOL my boyfriend and I stumbled into an elote man this week too and couldn’t resist. I wish they charged more though, it’s definitely worth it! If they had vegan butter they’d be making a fortune in the gentrified parts of our ‘hood! A snack that’s so bad it’s way too gooooood.

That song has been stuck in my head all day :) I’m running my first marathon this weekend, and I am super excited!!!

Long double digit run then a spa weekend. I just have to make it through the rest of the workday… (it’s been torture thus far).

And since you (and other bloggers) have been going on about cherries, I got a whole bunch yesterday and am about to dig in now!

Your corn looks delish!

This weekend, I actually have two days off! Not in a row, but still two whole days!! That never happens.

My girls and I are going to work on the planters for the front of the house. If the weather gets better that is. Right now it’s on 41 degrees, pouring rain down here on the valley floor but snowing all around us.

And then, (this is big!) I might… join Pinterest. It’s a big decision. I’m considering it…

6. Karoline says

I am hosting a bday party for my friend, starting my FIRST day at work, aaaand going to try to run 10km. (inspired by you) Wish me luck!

Mmmm. Ok, while street vendors seem sketchy to me, I still want that corn on a stick, YUM!

I’m doing my first ever relay race this weekend – 275 km (or something like that!) Should be fun though. Haha I could totally use one of those rings – my leg starts at 3:45 am! Secretly I just want a glow-ring to wear all the time though…

Working out and relaxing. I was going to head up to Washington to watch CrossFit Regionals but this is my last weekend in a while with no weddings, races, or trainings. I need to take advantage of it!

9. Katie P says

I am headed to Healdsburg, CA for some wine tasting and the worlds best bacon tomorrow, I am salivating already.

OMG – the video of that cat just MADE.MY.DAY. No joke, I almost cried tears of joy/laughter (maybe partially from the beer/wine I’ve been drinking.) The part where the bob haircut is drawn on the box and he’s peeking out? Probably the loudest I’ve LOL’d at the internet in my life. LOVE.

PS: ONE WEEK!!

I will be resting and relaxing prepping for my big training day on Monday. 11 mile run and an open water swim!
    Have a great weekend!

I love elote! I lived in South Texas for 18 months and I bought it all the time from guys riding their bikes pulling carts. I haven’t had it for years and I still crave it. Yum!