National Running Day 2012

Happy National Running Day!!!Lieto Beach Run 002 thumb National Running Day 2012

This is my favorite day of the year – well, it’s a close second after National Eating Day (that’s an official holiday, right?)!

First, let’s talk about the amazing dinner Ben made last night. I had to work late so I asked him to make zucchini fries and turkey burgers. The fries came out delicious. He fried about 1/4 of them and baked the rest. Both batches were delicious.IMG 1883 800x533 thumb National Running Day 2012

IMG 1886 800x533 thumb National Running Day 2012

Today is National Running Day so I had to run, but I’m trying to take it easy after this weekend’s back to back half marathons.

I didn’t take my Garmin or Moto and just tried to pay attention to how my legs are feeling. Well, my quads are still tired!

I ran to the gym that is about 1.5 miles away, did a strength session for 25 minutes and ran back. I’ve been saying I want to do this forever – glad I finally did!20120606 065543 thumb National Running Day 2012

Since it’s National Running Day I thought we should talk running.

Here are a few polls to determine who’s weird and who’s normal…

Take it and the results will pop up.

[polldaddy poll=6292084]

[polldaddy poll=6292086]

[polldaddy poll=6292090]

Head on Over to My Facebook page and Share your Favorite Run or Race!  Feel free to link to it if you have it online icon smile National Running Day 2012

Comments

Happy National Running Day! I try and run at least three times per week, even if it’s just a warm-up before a strength training workout. My Anytime Fitness is about 1.5 miles from my house, the perfect distance!

2. Leah says

My birthday falls on National Running Day this year! Whoohoo! That means I was totally justified spending this morning out running/creating room for the large quantities of cake I will consume later today instead of studying for the bar exam.

Happy running day! I’m supposed to bike tonight but will definitely head out for a run instead.
    I love running to the gym. It feels so much better than driving there and is a great warm up!

I run 3-4 days a week (usually just 3). I tend to do cross-training or some other type of workout for two or three other days, and do no workouts once or twice a week. I ran today because of the occasion, but normally run on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays most of the time. Looking forward to cycling on Thursday or Friday! :)

Even though I’m a runner, I will not be able to run at all today. Sad. So I’m celebrating by eating junk food and watching House. Pretty much the same thing, right?

I really like to run to my gym – workout – then run back as well! I can choose from two routes 1.3 miles or 2.4 miles! Perfect workout!

Dang those zucchini fries look good! I’ve wanted to make those, but for some reason anytime I cook zucchini I always convince myself that I’m going to mess it up. No idea why, haha. Maybe I’ll try those out finally!

National Eating Day = Chinese New Year, Christmas, birthday dinner, runners’ gathering. The list is endless!!! Hey on the zucchini fries – whch types do you use? Should be just under ripe/firm/a bit softer etc?

So today I was driving on the interstate and there was an trailer full of watermelons abandoned. I thought about stopping and taking one…I didn’t…but then I thought of you. Monica would’ve stopped! Free watermelon!!!