Pick a Bagel or Two

This morning my alarm went off way too early for my west coast body clock, but I crawled out of bed and laced up my shoes. I could not miss another chance to run around Central Park!central park path thumb Pick a Bagel or Two

The weather this morning was perfection. It was mild with a cool breeze as the sun came peeking up. There were tons of other runners out too.

Conditions like this make me fall in love with a place. It even went through my mind that I wouldn’t mind living here! (Yeah, let me come back and visit in January and see if I sing the same tune.)central park thumb Pick a Bagel or Two

But, truthfully I’d be a horrible New Yorker for a few reasons…

#1. Everything I know about NYC I’ve learned from Home Alone Lost in New York.home alone 2 thumb Pick a Bagel or Two(source)

#2. I  managed to get lost running around Central Park. I’m bad at this game. I started my Moto right when I got into the park and ran for 6 miles since I’ve been told the loop around the park is 6 miles. Well, at mile 6 I was no where near where I started. #FAILimage thumb18 Pick a Bagel or Two

But I would be a good New Yorker for these reasons:

#1. I like to walk fast and skip through lights. I’m good at that game.walking fast thumb Pick a Bagel or Two

#2. I leave my trash laying out and wait for Ben to take it to the dumpster.trash thumb Pick a Bagel or Two

#3. I can eat bagels everyday for the rest of my life and be happy.

So after my 6 mile run and long walk back to the hotel (thank God for the magic phone) I got a bagel.

A few people suggested Pick A Bagel so I knew I had to try this place. pick a bagel ny thumb Pick a Bagel or Two

I ordered the Whole Wheat Everything bagel with Raisin Walnut cream cheese. It was DELICIOUS. everthing bagel from pick a bagel thumb Pick a Bagel or Two

*The Central Park website says the complete loop is almost 6.1 miles. You can read more here on the Central Park Running page. Not sure what I did wrong.

Question: If you had to eat one breakfast for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I would probably go with eggs because you can make them so many ways. Or maybe a begg sandwich?

Comments

This post makes me miss living in Manhattan! I moved to the burbs 6 months ago and love it; I still come back and do NYRR races in the park! I’ll also be doing the NYC Marathon this year so I look forward to reading about your training!

Actually the last race I did was a 10K in Central Park a few weeks ago and I also went to Pick a Bagel after, I even had the same bagel flavor you got, but I went with the sundried tomato cream cheese. Yum!

Running in Central Park looks glorious! (And I love Home Alone Lost in NY!)
    I think I’d choose pancakes, although I don’t have the time or energy to make them every morning!
    Second choice would be PB&J toast. I eat it almost every morning anyway!

3. Suzanne says

You are getting lucky with the weather for sure! It was gorgeous down here in Philly too. I love having my windows open and the AC off anytime in the summer! Somehow you are missing the fun East Coast humidity.
    I did the same thing when we visited Central Park. It’s such a huge park!
    I would have a bagel or a soft pretzel every day. I pretty much do. It’s like heaven. :)

Oh my gosh, my husband is from Long Island right outside the city, and every time we go there we eat bagels every single freaking day. I miss good bagels (and pizza) so much now that I live in the south!

That did not answer your question though. Breakfast? The same one every day for the rest of my life? That would be a bummer, but I guess probably….yogurt with fruit and almond butter? Maybe with a pancake or something under it? The pressure!

My breakfast would be egg and cheese on a salt and pepper bagel! I found a bagel shop that had these while I was visiting San Diego and ate one for 5 days straight. But some sort of chocolate pastry would come in a close second. :)

Your pictures make me miss NYC! (Not enough to move back, though.) A favorite breakfast that I’d get from the deli downstairs was egg and cheese on a toasted bialy. Sometimes with bacon. Those were the days.

7. Shannon B. says

It’s a toss up between waffle or oatmeal. I’m not much of a breakfast fan and hate eggs…so breakfast is a tuffy sometimes!

Well if calories weren’t a consideration- I would eat french toast and bacon every day.

I get lost ALL THE TIME in Central Park. Granted I live in Brooklyn so I don’t go there every day, but I’ve been going to Central Park a few times a year for 6 years and I get lost every single time. Even with my magic phone. It’s pathetic.

I get lost on a regular basis running in circles…no lie. Which is why I use the mapmyrun app on my phone so I always have a map lol I know cheating. Only issue is it seems to lose GPS signal part way through and doesnt give an accurate distance calc but I can adjust that online with my online account.

So awesome! A bagel is definitely one of my every-so-often treats (and everything bagels are my fave!). For every day breakfasts: fage 0%, chocolate pb, and apples are my staple, but I’d probably eat a bagel with bacon or sausage and cream cheese if I didn’t have to worry about calories or healthiness! :)

Oatmeal & coffee! So many different ways to eat oatmeal, I doubt I would get bored!!

Central Park confuses me, too! & I have run 3 races in it!! I always come out at a different point no matter what I do! Thank goodness for smart phones!!

Looks like you having a good time in NY, welcome!!! Glad you got some bagels, that and pizza are a must have when you come here. I got lost my first time on the CP loop too, not sure how either haha.

Don’t worry, Central Park can be hard to navigate, even for New Yorkers (like me)! It’s just so darn huge! And all those roads! I got lost running in there once and ended up running about a mile and a half more than I expected. Guess that turned into a good thing, though!

I am jealous of your everything whole wheat bagel. I love everything bagels but always have to get them non-whole wheat. Why can’t they always have speciality bagels that are also whole wheat?? Rant over. Glad you’re having fun :-)

i am the same way – when running conditions are perfect i fall in love with that place and instantly start imagining my life there, haha!