Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

Yesterday afternoon Skinny Runner texted me about going to “Ladies Night” at Road Runner Sports (the big running store chain). I was thisclose to turning her down, but I had such a crazy day I thought it would be good for me to get out. IMG 8485 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

Road Runner hosts a ladies night run and an “adventure run” a each month. It’s free and open to anyone too! Sadly, next week’s run is the last until next year because it’s getting dark so early (it’s not on hold because of the weather as it was 99 degrees yesterday).IMG 8486 600x800 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

I signed in, grabbed a raffle ticket and then went outside for the warm up. IMG 8492 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

Ha! You can totally tell I’ve had a l-o-n-g day…IMG 8491 600x800 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

SR loved the squat thrust warm up moves…IMG 8493 600x800 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

Then, we were off like a herd of wild turtles! (<- My mom says that and I don’t really know what it means.)

There are fast runners, slow runners and walkers. Everyone just goes at their own pace. Last night we opted to walk because I don’t run after 10am. It’s science.IMG 8494 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

When we got back there was a whole spread of goodies!IMG 8502 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

IMG 8498 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

Gu Brew!IMG 8501 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

After some social time they did a raffle. I wasn’t really paying attention since I was busy trying to buy out their entire supply of Margarita Chomps.IMG 8509 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

There was some kind of 10% off deal last night so I tried a few things on.IMG 8507 600x800 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

I am a fan of visors…IMG 8515 600x800 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

I don’t know.IMG 8516 600x800 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

I really really don’t know… image thumb25 Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

Finally, SR and I went our separate ways – me to Trader Joe’s, her to Wisconsin or something for a race.

I really had no business at TJ’s at 7:30pm and I came home with these Cinnamon Apple Snack Sticks. THEY ARE DELICIOUS.IMG 8518 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

I think they taste like churro sticks and I’m a fan. Actually, I’m too much of a fan and ate half the bag.IMG 8522 800x600 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports I got home right at 8pm and ate dinner (no big), but since I kept snacking on the churro sticks I’m calling this a #Fail on the eating after 8 rule.

Between my stressful day and being so tired I picked a fight with Ben and went to sleep. How nice of me even though he saved my life when he got rid of the black widow spider!thedifference Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

(Side note: This is my 2nd fave Natalie Dee cartoon of all time. I can’t share #1 bcs too many people wouldn’t get it as funny.)

But this morning we’re all made up and I’m feeling great! I think I got 8.5 hours of sleep wlEmoticon smile16 Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

Exercise: I did Jillian’s 6 Week Six Pack and will take a walk later.

Breakfast: A too egg-y pumpkin pancake.IMG 8526 600x800 thumb Lady’s Night at Road Runner Sports

Pile on the Miles Sign-ups are coming on Monday!!! The contest will go from November 1-30th and everyone is welcome to join.

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

I don’t know!

Comments

1. sally says

That’s the sports bra I wear!!!! Moving Comfort Maia right?! LOL! It really is like a straight jacket but my girls need all the support they can get;)

I wish we had a RR sports here, I’d love to go to their events. Or I’d like to at least have the option of going. And winning stuff. I like winning too.

Love the jacket you tried on!

3. Jenna says

Hi Monica!
    I’m a long-time reader and have never commented but I’ve been meaning to for awhile. :)
    You crack me up, inspire me and make me want to run. ( You also look really fantastic lately by the way – fine work!)
    Love your honesty and what appears to be your self-love/appreciation and genuine healthy self esteem. You are an EXCELLENT role model.
    Keep up the great job!
    And belated congrats on your earlier PR.

4. Sara says

What is in the bowl to the right of the Apple Snack Sticks??? Ketchup and pickles???

BTW…Apple Snack Sticks…Yum…I’m going to have to pick up a bag. :)

Fun, I went to the last run they had down there but was busy last night. I too stopped at that Traders and got stuff I didn’t need but tasted yummy – next time just hop in the car and leave.

This weekend is jam packed with fun. Baking and cleaning tonight. Volunteering at Whoo’s in El Moro 50K tomorrow morning. Pumpkin carving party at our neighbors tomorrow night. Baby being dedicated at church Sunday morning followed by BBQ brunch at our place with family and friends.

Shesh now I think I might be tired come Sunday evening…. Have a great weekend!

6. Karoline says

Hahaha… I love your pictures. “I don’t know” describes my mood this morning as well. I did a 45 min swim before my first class and I’m sittin in class feeling delusional. What? Gene recombination?

Sounds like a way fun GNO. I recently bought something similar from Trader Joe’s but instead of apples they were snap peas. I have no plans this weekend other than date night, Sunday football and church. Oh, I’m also helping the littles run their first every (highly anticipated) lemonade stand today. :)

Come enter my GIVEAWAY!! A chance to win a copy of the inspiring book written by a runner/blogger who was in a horrible car accident. Loved it.

I need to find an event like that near me!

This weekend is Homecoming for my daughter, my birthday and a baptism. Of course, it’s all up in the air right now because my daughter is home sick today. Fingers crossed she feels better tomorrow. If not, I may have to go in her place! ;-)

I “try” to pick a fight with my husband almost every Friday night because I’m so tired from the week (it’s always so legit at the time…). So Friday night fight, Saturday go out with friends, Sunday carve pumpkins with brother.

10. kate says

Ohmeegosh—those Apple Snacks are eeeeeeevil!
    My friend brought some over and tried to leave the leftovers at my house and I was all, “No way, bitch…those are gettin’ in the car with you!”
    It’s like when you host a shower and nobody will take the rest of the cake home and you are screaming, “Someone take the freakin’ cake! Do not leave me alone with the cake!!!”
    Well, that’s that.
    Happy weekend to you!

I hope your day has been better today. Plus, it’s the weeeeekend!

I like this pile on the miles thing! Great for the holidays. I think I’ll need a dump truck pile of miles for December…

12. Hillary says

I’m in the “bring on the #1 comic” and “can’t wait for Pile on the Miles” clubs!

This weekend is Color Run DC – my best friend’s first race ever!

13. Cate says

I MUST get to TJs STAT to get those apple sticks, I sure hope they have them in MA. I’m buying a bike tomorrow then running a 10k on Sunday. Have a great weekend!

14. sasha says

omg those apple sticks are incredible and i thought the same thing – less guilty churros! i ate a whole bag in less than two days.

15. Susan says

I probs would have eaten half (or more) of that bag as well. They sound delicious. Sweets are my weakness.
    My husband & I are in Des Moines, Iowa to do a half marathon on Sunday.

16. Julie says

I had to laugh at your turtle quote from your mom. When I was little and we would run in the house my mom always said “you sound like a herd of turtles”. I never knew what it meant either.

17. Megan says

One of my best friends is coming down from Bend, OR and we are going to Lake Tahoe! Can’t wait to show her it in all it’s majesty and go hunting for some sugar pine cones!

We had lab seminar the other day (with food out) and I saw a huge bowl of grapes. I ended up thinking out loud that black widow spiders can be found often in grapes and creeped everyone out. Whoops! I guess I just can’t look at grapes the same ever since your post! But its good to know to look out for them!

19. Cate says

Those apple sticks are dangerous! Just got a bag, sat down on the sofa, and proceeded to eat 6.5 servings! Must. Step. Away. Now.

20. Rachel says

My dad also says “Off like a herd of turtles”. Particularly when it’s taking us all forever to get out the house. :D