Last Chance Survey

Hello! How was your day?!

Mine was good except Ben’s car broke down on the way home last night so he had to take my car to work. I work from home so it wasn’t a big deal except knowing I COULDN’T go anywhere made me want to! I felt trapped!

It was like I was on a car diet and I wanted some car just because I knew I couldn’t have any…

I was a busy little bee cucaracha because I’m still getting used to this new project at work. I haven’t been taking pictures of my lunches or snacks lately because they are either A.) Boring or B.) Gross to look at.

But, I do have to admit that today I was an eating machine! I had a great big bowl of oatmeal with some greek yogurt stirred into for breakfast… and an hour later was Hungry.

For some reason oats on their own never keep me full all morning. So weird since other people swear it keeps them full until lunch.

I grabbed 2 hard boiled eggs and went back for 1 more egg white and then chugged water.image thumb8 Last Chance Survey

After lunch I was still a munchy machine and had popcorn and my new creation – Pumpkin Milk Cereal

• 1/4c pumpkin
  • 1/4c greek yogurt
  • 1/4c oats
  • pumpkin pie spice, dash salt, sweetener of your choiceIMG 9050 600x800 thumb Last Chance Survey

Heat Pumpkin, Add other ingredients except milk, Stir, Top with milk. Eat like cereal.

It was really just created out of necessity since I don’t have anything better, and it turned out great! No picture of the final product because I ate it. Hello.

Tina from Faith Fitness Fun mentioned me in her Last Chance survey, so it’s kind of a sign that I should do the survey too, right?survey survey Last Chance Survey

Last Food You Ate:

Snap Peas in an effort to stall dinner because I’m an eating machine today!IMG 9048 800x600 thumb Last Chance Survey

Last Beverage You Drank:

Sadly water, but I wish I was sipping a margarita right now, even though it makes me act like this. AHHHH!IMG 7393 800x600 thumb Last Chance Survey

Last Work Out:

This morning I did Jillian’s 6 Week Six Pack Level 1. I’m scared of Level 2.

Last Thing You Pinned:

My Pinterest board is so sad. I just don’t have time with all the “real job”, traveling, blah blah blah…

Last Text Message You Sent:

It was to Skinny Runner telling her I can’t find my air mattress because I think it’s up in the attic, but I can’t find it. Not very exciting and now she has to sleep on the floor wlEmoticon sadsmile1 Last Chance Survey

Last blog you visited:

I was just reading blogs on my Google Reader so I am not sure how that counts.

Last tweet you sent:

(this wasn’t the last last one, but it’s true)image thumb9 Last Chance Survey

Last place you visited:

The Bathroom

Last thing you baked:

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – which will be up for auction on the Fitnessista’s blog tomorrow for a fundraiser for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. If you live locally I’ll send Vegas to deliver them to your house!!! Bid bid bid!pumpkin cookies thumb Last Chance Survey

If you want to take the Last Chance Survey – answer the questions in your blog OR in the comments!

Comments

I hope someone local wins your whoopie pies…just to see if you truly send Vegas with them!
    Sadly I’ve been an eating machine today, too. It’s not sad that I’ve eaten a lot since I love eating. It’s sad I had a work event so ate a lot of cookies!

The pic of your margarita face is hilarious…and pretty…is that weird? ha!

I am LOVING everything with canned pumpkin…I just can’t get enough…

;-)

I am a pumpkin fan, too, but pumpkin, greek yogurt, and oats eaten like cereal sounds a little weird, I have to say. Maybe I need to try it to believe it?

3. Jennifer S. says

Have you tried steel cut oats? They seem to hold me over better than regular oatmeal. I add diced apples, raisins, craisins, sliced almonds, splenda brown sugar, or whatever else I can grab. I like the 365 brand from Whole Foods.

I’ve tried steel cut and oat bran and I prefer them in taste too! But, yeah still doesn’t keep me for a long enough time. I must be missing an enzyme in my belly or something…

When I went through my diet overhaul this summer (which unfortunately was too difficult to maintain in school during the fall), I found myself to be extremely hungry at first. I think the removal of the toxins and chemicals jolted my body into recognizing nutritional deficits. It was a few days of being ravenous and then it calmed down, so don’t worry!

5. Dominique says

Totally agree about the Jilian michaels 6 week 6 pack video. I dared to attempt level 2 once and shut it off after 5 minutes. You are right to be afraid.

6. Brittany says

I don’t even think I’d care for pumpkin whoopie pies… but I live locally and would totally bid for them just for the potential Vegas delivery.

You know something, I used to do 6week/6pack quite a lot a year ago, and I think at that point, I was in the best physical shape of my life. Even then, I could NOT get through level 2!! It was soooo hard for me! Let us know how you find it when you get to it!

8. Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.blogspot says

The bit I hate in 6w6p level 2 is where you have to bend down to the floor then turn around and push the dumbbell up. I always lose what little coordination I have and nearly fall over! How do they do it so quick?!

I know how you feel about being car-less! Public transportation here is less than stellar and I always feel so helpless having to rely on someone to fetch me ec.

10. Caity says

Oats never keep me full either! Everyone swears by it, but literally one egg fills me up longer than a whole bowl of oats.

Oooh I love this survey! I only find oatmeal filling if I fill it with tons of other crap, like a whole banana with tons of nuts. I think people who think oatmeal keeps them full for longer than an hour or two don’t have hunger signals.

12. Leah says

Maybe i’m blind, but I cannot figure out how to update my miles on the POTM spreadsheet?? I tried clicking on the couple links you have and it wont bring me anywhere!

Let a girl know :)

13. JennyLynn says

I love oatmeal but am usually too lazy to fix it. Mine usually consists of a little bit of butter (I am from the south), Spenda and cinnamon.
    If I lived locally, I would totally bid, even though I’m not a huge pumpkin fan. I do love a sweet tabby cat.
    Ironically enought I have two cats-sisters-named Lucy and Ethel. They act just like Lucy and Ethel.

14. Marija says

I’m the same way..so many people swear by oats as the perfect filling breakfast..I eat them and 2 hours later I’m starving!

Last thing I ate: almonds, last thing I drank: water, last workout: Tabata workout at CrossFit last night, last thing I pinned: something from work, last message I sent: “which happy hour are we going to tonight” to my friend, last blog I visited- Sprint 2 the Table, last tweet I sent : “absolutely perfect running weather #FallinTampa”