2012 Runner Gift Guide

Hello! How’s it going?

It’s Thanksgiving week which means Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just around the corner. I started making my shopping list but am kinda clueless about what to buy the other adults in my life. I don’t have the first clue what to buy for my dad or brother and I’m sure they feel the same about me! I asked them for a list so I’ll have some ideas – I’m hoping I can get some shopping done this weekend.christmas 2012 Runner Gift Guide

And if there are people in your life that may be clueless about what to get you – here are a list of great suggestions of gifts to buy runners this holiday season. If you’re on the Nice list, pass it along to Santa and your fam.

2012 Runner Gift Guide

Race Medal Holder

race medal holder 2012 Runner Gift Guide

SpiBelt

spibelt thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide

Margarita Clif Shot Blocks

Margarita Clif Shot Blocks thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide Touch Screen Glovestouch screen gloves thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide

Garmin 410 Running Watch

garmin 410 gps watch thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide

Their favorite Running Shoe – Brooks Ghost 5Warning: Make sure you know the correct brand, style AND size before buying a runner new shoes. We’re crazy about these kind of things!!

brooks ghost 5 thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide Long Sleeve Running Pulloverlong sleeve running pullover thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide

Brooks Infiniti Capri

running capri thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide

Pro Compression Socks – see we all wear ‘em!IMG 8739 600x800 thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide

Mile Markers

image thumb26 2012 Runner Gift Guide

The Courage To Start

image thumb27 2012 Runner Gift Guide Inspirational Wall Vinyl (DIY – I would also suggest printing something like this out on fancy paper and framing it!!)there is no telling how many miles thumb1 2012 Runner Gift Guide

And here is a shameless plug — Run Eat Repeat gear from my Spreadshirt shopimage thumb28 2012 Runner Gift Guide

My personal favorite gift idea = Certificate offering to be a Cheerleader / Support Crew at one of their racesIMG 0338 800x533 thumb 2012 Runner Gift Guide

Question: What did I miss? What do you want for Christmas / Hanukah / Kwanza / Festivus?

I would love love love a gift certificate for a free entry to a race – do they do that?!

*This post contains some affiliate links. I do not make commission on my spreadshirt shop at this time.

pin it button 2012 Runner Gift Guide

Comments

Fun list! I just made mine out for my parents and I asked for a Nike Element Half-Zip and some Legend Capris. They’re so nice but WAY out of my price range. I also asked for an IOU for the NYC marathon for whenever I win the lottery to get in.

I was just thinking about my Christmas list! I need some gloves to use with my hand weights because they’re made of rough metal and I’m starting to get calluses… Not sure how easy it’ll be for my mum to track them down… I may ask her for perfume or Moroccan Oil instead!

3. Emily says

Loove the cheerleader coupon! What a wonderful, memorable gift. I already got my gift from my mother–I requested registration for a half marathon on my birthday. I’m hoping to make it a bday tradition. Also, I’m hoping for a digital voice recorder. I want to record stories from family and friends. I think they’ll enjoy having a copy one day, and I’ll enjoy the time spent with them hearing the stories. It’s a win-win!

4. Kasey says

Race fees are the best present ever! My husband gave me one for our anniversary, and I just ran the race it was for over Veteran’s Day. So fun to have a gift stretched out like that!
    I would add Nuun original assortment to your list of gifts. Gotta have those electrolytes!
    I bought my husband some running tights for winter, and I’m hoping he will get me a new running skirt, or at least stuff my stocking with Gu.

5. Ashley says

Sweaty Bands and all those other headband brands. I actually bought myself another one at the race expo this weekend to put in my own stocking

6. Megan says

Last year I got a gift certificate to the local running store and bought a Garmin. :) Going to check out Mile Markers for my sister, have to find a sneaky way to see if she’s read it yet.

I’m having trouble making a Christmas list, so I was excited to see your list…unfortunately I guess I’m a bit of a spoiled brat, because I already have all that I need of the stuff on your list…maybe I could handle another pair of compression socks???

Love the list… how about an armband case for the ipod (the velcro on mine is shot) or iTunes gift card for new music. a sports bra (of course you would have to get the preferred brand because I am just as specific in my sports bras as I am with my shoes)

9. Susan says

I’d really like to get the Garmin Forerunner 10 for Christmas and the Half Fanatics sweatshirt. However, we’re getting ready to go to Aruba so I think that should be our gift to each other. (Man I hate being frugal sometimes!)

Your list looks alot like mine! I put the Hanson’s Marathon Method book on my list, a new pair of Oakley sunglasses for running (the Commit SQ or Drizzle), Feetures socks and some more Nuun!

11. Emily says

Completely obsessed with that medal rack.. Do you know of any cheaper ones? I wouldn’t mind spending the money, but the amazon reviews don’t even made it sound very sturdy. Happy Thanksgiving!

According to Mark Remy, Mark Remy’s informative and hilarious running books make PERFECT holiday gifts for the runners on your list. And you can order autographed copies via his website, markremy.com!