Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

Hello! This morning I took a 3 mile walk before the usual breakfast. IMG 9512 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

Then, Ben and I got ready and headed to my brother and Heather’s for a fun double date.

I bought a Groupon a few weeks ago for the Mt. Baldy scenic lift ride and lunch. It came with 4 chair lift tickets and $40.00 toward lunch.IMG 9590 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

Mt. Baldy is only about an hour inland from my fam’s so we got there in no time. The scenic lift is just like a ski lift ride, but the destination is to a restaurant at the top of the mountain (and other lifts when it’s ski season).IMG 9521 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

It was gorgeous today!  A little chilly, but gorgeous none-the-less.IMG 9516 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

No one else was in the mood (or dressed) for a hike so we walked a bit to find a good view for pictures. (Next time I’ll invite one of you hike lovers to come with me.)IMG 9514 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and LunchIMG 9561 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

IMG 9539 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

IMG 9549 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

I wore the socks I got in that Holiday Survival kit that was delivered recently. See? Oh, this is what happens when I ask someone to take a picture of my socks. Thanks Ben.IMG 9563 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

We spent some time enjoying the views before heading to the restaurant. IMG 9558 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

Even though it was cold we didn’t want to miss out on this view. So, we ate outside all bundled up.IMG 9575 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

IMG 9577 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and LunchIMG 9572 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and LunchIMG 9569 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

After lunch we headed back down the mountain. The view on the way back was the best part!IMG 9581 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and LunchIMG 9585 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and LunchIMG 9583 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

IMG 9578 800x533 thumb Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

I just checked and this Groupon is still available! Click on: Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift for more information.

Question: Do you know what elevation you live at? What is it?

I basically live at sea level so anything above that makes it hard for me to run.

pin it button Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

Comments

1. Jodi says

I live in the Denver Metro area and I remember the first time I tried to run out here 5 years ago. My baby was like 6 weeks old and I thought I would go run a few miles. I came back after 15 min huffing and puffing like mad.

Funny story. I worked at the Mt. Baldy ski hill in British Columbia, Canada for 5 years and you wouldn’t believe how many times we received phone calls from people in California asking for directions and info :) It got to the point where one of the first questions we asked was if they were looking for Mt. Baldy in BC or CA :)

I’ve never been to Mt Baldy. I was going to work there as an instructor when I first moved to LA, but then I got into an email argument with the instructor-leader guy, and decided to work at Mt. High instead. I heard it’s got some super amazing back country when it actually snows! :)

In Chicago, so pretty much at sea level. We hiked the Waimea Canyon in Hawaii at 3500 above sea level and I was nauseous! Kind of an altitude wimp.

5. Angie Kilar says

Ahhh that view is gorgeous. I’ll bet its even more breathtaking with the snow. :D

Ive always lived near the beach so i know what you mean. But when i went to Afghanistan in 2010-2011 I was unaware of the elevation…all i knew was that i could barely walk to the showers from my tent and be out of breath. I was freaking out cos i was in no way out of shape. Come to find out we were at almost 9,000 feet above sea level. I was determined to run while i was there and eventually got up to 6 miles a day. I remember when i got home to the states after my deployment my run time was faster. :D

We need to go back to Mt. Baldy so you can actually hike it! I went there once when I was a little little kid and barely remember it; I want to go again! I wish I could live up there at that elevation though…I now live at sea level, but lived at 11,000 this summer! :D

I live over a mile up, outside of Albuquerque, NM – it is definitely a benefit to train up here (and choose my runs at sea level). It sure makes a difference!

I live just down the road from Mt. Baldy (Ontario) and never even knew that there was a restaurant up there…lol. So thanks for the tip I just got my groupon :)