Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift Ride and Lunch

Hello! This morning I took a 3 mile walk before the usual breakfast. IMG_9512 (800x533)

Then, Ben and I got ready and headed to my brother and Heather’s for a fun double date.

I bought a Groupon a few weeks ago for the Mt. Baldy scenic lift ride and lunch. It came with 4 chair lift tickets and $40.00 toward lunch.IMG_9590 (800x533)

Mt. Baldy is only about an hour inland from my fam’s so we got there in no time. The scenic lift is just like a ski lift ride, but the destination is to a restaurant at the top of the mountain (and other lifts when it’s ski season).IMG_9521 (800x533)

It was gorgeous today!  A little chilly, but gorgeous none-the-less.IMG_9516 (800x533)

No one else was in the mood (or dressed) for a hike so we walked a bit to find a good view for pictures. (Next time I’ll invite one of you hike lovers to come with me.)IMG_9514 (800x533)IMG_9561 (800x533)

IMG_9539 (800x533)

IMG_9549 (800x533)

I wore the socks I got in that Holiday Survival kit that was delivered recently. See? Oh, this is what happens when I ask someone to take a picture of my socks. Thanks Ben.IMG_9563 (800x533)

We spent some time enjoying the views before heading to the restaurant. IMG_9558 (800x533)

Even though it was cold we didn’t want to miss out on this view. So, we ate outside all bundled up.IMG_9575 (800x533)

IMG_9577 (800x533)IMG_9572 (800x533)IMG_9569 (800x533)

After lunch we headed back down the mountain. The view on the way back was the best part!IMG_9581 (800x533)IMG_9585 (800x533)IMG_9583 (800x533)

IMG_9578 (800x533)

I just checked and this Groupon is still available! Click on: Mt. Baldy Scenic Lift for more information.

Question: Do you know what elevation you live at? What is it?

I basically live at sea level so anything above that makes it hard for me to run.

Comments

1. Jodi says

I live in the Denver Metro area and I remember the first time I tried to run out here 5 years ago. My baby was like 6 weeks old and I thought I would go run a few miles. I came back after 15 min huffing and puffing like mad.

Funny story. I worked at the Mt. Baldy ski hill in British Columbia, Canada for 5 years and you wouldn’t believe how many times we received phone calls from people in California asking for directions and info :) It got to the point where one of the first questions we asked was if they were looking for Mt. Baldy in BC or CA :)

I’ve never been to Mt Baldy. I was going to work there as an instructor when I first moved to LA, but then I got into an email argument with the instructor-leader guy, and decided to work at Mt. High instead. I heard it’s got some super amazing back country when it actually snows! :)

In Chicago, so pretty much at sea level. We hiked the Waimea Canyon in Hawaii at 3500 above sea level and I was nauseous! Kind of an altitude wimp.

5. Angie Kilar says

Ahhh that view is gorgeous. I’ll bet its even more breathtaking with the snow. 😀

Ive always lived near the beach so i know what you mean. But when i went to Afghanistan in 2010-2011 I was unaware of the elevation…all i knew was that i could barely walk to the showers from my tent and be out of breath. I was freaking out cos i was in no way out of shape. Come to find out we were at almost 9,000 feet above sea level. I was determined to run while i was there and eventually got up to 6 miles a day. I remember when i got home to the states after my deployment my run time was faster. 😀

We need to go back to Mt. Baldy so you can actually hike it! I went there once when I was a little little kid and barely remember it; I want to go again! I wish I could live up there at that elevation though…I now live at sea level, but lived at 11,000 this summer! 😀

I live over a mile up, outside of Albuquerque, NM – it is definitely a benefit to train up here (and choose my runs at sea level). It sure makes a difference!

I live just down the road from Mt. Baldy (Ontario) and never even knew that there was a restaurant up there…lol. So thanks for the tip I just got my groupon :)