Fun Friday – How to Cut a Mango Flashback

Hello! Before we all start our fab Memorial Day weekend I wanted to share some fun stuff.

1. How to Cut a Mango – flashback video!

Someone brought mangos to the aid station at the race last weekend, but no one was sure how to cut them. Luckily, I’m an expert in eating (and cutting) fruit.

So, I gave a quick in person tutorial that went like this:

2. Reader Rebecca wanted to share her super cute Ragnar team with us! Look that those tutus (and socks!)!!

ragnar runner blog thumb Fun Friday   How to Cut a Mango Flashback

bad ass socks thumb Fun Friday   How to Cut a Mango Flashback

3. Sabra sent me a lifetime supply of salsa! So, I have to have a salsa party now.

image thumb25 Fun Friday   How to Cut a Mango Flashback

Salsa dancing will be required. Who’s coming?!

4. I was researching a Watermelon Sangria recipe and found one with seltzer. I’m totally switching out the seltzer for champagne. It.Is.On.

IMAG2915 thumb Fun Friday   How to Cut a Mango Flashback

5. In two weeks I am headed to Florida for a little beach vacation! I need a break so bad I don’t even care about the swimsuit thing.

spanx with a bikini thumb Fun Friday   How to Cut a Mango Flashback

Happy Memorial Day!

Comments

1. Becca says

That is a crap ton of salsa!

Also please stop hating on your body! You have a great figure and you obviously work hard for it. Maybe you can make one of your Monday goals positive self talk about your body. Please.

If not for you, then the fat girls like me who will never have a flat stomach without skin surgery.

• Becca says

I hope I didn’t sound bitchy. I love you and your blog. But I’ve seen lots of references and it makes me sad to think you don’t see what your blog readers see.

I didn’t take it as bitchy at all. I know you’re one of my peeps and I appreciate that you’re a regular reader :) I do take feedback from my online friends seriously, so I did think about it before I responded. I like you. The end.

• Becca says

I work hard to not hate on myself, and I say fat a bit tongue in cheek, but at 100+ pounds overweight, I know what damage I’ve done to my skin.

I was a 100+lbs overweight. I still am working on tightening my body back up and slowly but surely I am seeing progress. Like I said, never say never.

2. kelsea says

please share your watermelon sangria recipe after you make it :) well only if it’s good of course ;)

Thanks for the mango tutorial! I’ve got a mango sitting on my counter that’s been staring me down for days. Thanks to you I have a plan. And I’ve also got a plan for the watermelons I hope to soon see growing in my garden. Chiropractor Chattanooga

4. april says

watermelon sangria sounds like heaven – and i’m kinda jealous of your lifetime supply of salsa. :)

Oh lord, it’s been too long since I’ve stuffed my face with a mango!

The actual number one thing I’m looking forward to in moving home to Australia (yes above seeing family and friends) is the mangoes. You haven’t lived until you’ve eaten a mango from Australia. They are just that much better.

Love some salsa! That package would have made me really happy and the creative recipes would be coming out in full force. I want those socks and I don’t think I’ve ever had a mango!??!

7. Renee says

Is it just me, or does anyone else find grown women running in tutus sad? I scoff every time I see one.

Yay, Florida! If you’re anywhere near Venice hit me up if you want someone to run with, (or if you want to look back and laugh while I try to catch up to your Flash Gordon self).

I can’t wait for watermelon season! It needs to be a bit warmer than the 45 degrees this morning for me to enjoy watermelon sangria, though :P