Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

Hello!

This morning I ran the Newport Back Bay Loop for 10 miles with SR.

back bay loop in newport beach running path 376x501 thumb Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

I never run here because I am too lazy to drive out, but I think I may have to change that up asap. It was GORGEOUS. Like super super gorg.

newport back bay loop run 408x544 thumb Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

God bless it.

newport back bay loop running path 668x501 thumb Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

And God bless SkinnyRunner since it is her special day.

skinny runner runs 31 miles 376x501 thumb Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

After the run I got ready real quick and met up with SR and Reese for lunch at the Spectrum. SR’s favorite restaurant is Red Robin so that was the plan. (We obviously take ourselves very seriously around here.)

good job skinnyrunner 668x501 thumb Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

Reason #1 why RR rocks = bottomless french fries. #Boom We had 3 baskets of fries…

french fries from red robin 668x501 thumb Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

and asked for extra ranch so the waitress brought out this! Ha! She doesn’t mess around.

all the ranch from red robin 668x501 thumb Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

red robin salads 668x501 thumb Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

So if you’re keeping score that’s

Amazing run in Newport Beach + All you can eat fries =

Happiest Monican ever.

Here is my Just the Tip Tuesday for this week:

Quick Tip – Don’t Drink ALL the Calories, just some of them

Question: What’s your favorite restaurant?

Mine is Whole Foods, but this week it’s Sizzler.

pin it button Quick Tip Tuesday– Don’t Drink ALL the Calories Just Some of Them

Comments

I love Red Robin’s bottomless steak fries. They have really good sweet potato fries too.
    My favorite restaurant is a nearby Mexican restaurant. I could eat there every day…too bad fajitas, rice, and beans aren’t calorie free.

Looks like you guys had a fun run! It’s hard to narrow it down to just one restaurant. I think its easier to pick a favorite food. Sushi for me. If I had to pick it would be Sushi Rock in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I must admit Wholefoods is amazing! Everything about that place makes my heart happy.

This makes me miss my college friends because the only time I went to Red Robin was when my friend, Nicole, would insist on going to get bottomless steak fries.

I LOVE Mexican restaurants–especially hole in the wall ones. (I think this is the third or fourth comment saying that!) I do love Rosie’s Cantina too, though, and it’s definitely not hole-in-the wall.

5. Denise says

I like certain items for a few different restaurants that make them my favorite. Chicken veggie pita w/homemade chips from Preservation Kitchen… Chicken avocado sandwich with yam fries from Duvall Grill… any place that makes a good vodka martini.

6. Honore MacCoy-Patty says

Mexican. Really doesn’t matter which one, as long as it’s Mexican. It was La Cabana in Venice, CA growing up. Then Campos Tacos in Santa Monica from high school on (met friends there this summer for my 30th hs reunion!). Now it’s La Fuente 1.65mi down the road in Renton, WA. I know the mileage because it was my goal the first time I ran outside vs the dreadmill. I almost died, until I dug into the chips & salsa and my husband ordered me a sangria – then all was well in my universe.

7. Shannon in Tustin says

I loooooooove running Newport Back Bay! Too often, I am lazy and short on time and don’t make the drive. Putting that on the list for the Christmas break. We’re so blessed to live with such gorgeous places SO very close.

Favorite Restaurant: our local Mexican haunt “Los Cabos” in Orange. I could eat there 7 days a week. Everything is amazing!

I’ve never been to Red Robin! My favorite used to be Chi-Chi’s and so very sad they aren’t around anymore. LOVED their margaritas! One of my current jams would have to be Red Lobster. But overall, I rarely eat out. :(

I seriously LOVEEE Whole Foods — we used to double there every week in Chicago! But in reality my favorite restaurant changes every week….pretty much every date night = my new favorite.

10. Laura P says

My son’s favorite restaurant is Red Robin. (I think b/c his middle name is Robin). I love two local Denver restaurants. Le Central, somewhat affordable French food. So yummy! The wine is amazing!! Then I like a new sustainable, seasonal one called fuel. They grow a lot of their greens and herbs and then use local growers for most else. You get a seasonal menu, too. I first had the best drink ever, A Piece of A$$. It’s a Moscow Mule made with whiskey instead of vodka. Yum!!!