Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

skinny peppermint shake recipe thumb Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

I am a sucka for seasonal food. I LOVE all things pumpkin and gingerbread and eggnog-y!

I justify it because it’s ‘for a limited time’! But that limited time is still about 6 weeks long and a certain redhead can consume a lot of pumpkin scones in those days!

chick fil a peppermint shake thumb Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

Recently I hit up Chick-fil-A for their delicious Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shake and it was delicious! I knew what I had to do:

A.) Go there everyday except Sunday

B.) Make my own version

still not eating right thumb Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

(source)

I checked the nutrition information and realized a small Chick-fil-A shake has 660 calories. Not the end of the world, but definitely a ‘sometimes food’!

image thumb32 Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

Long story long, I made a healthy version of this holiday delight. This version has half the calories plus protein. And I used frozen cherries to color and flavor it in a two-for-one sweet red combo.

Bonus: Candy canes always come broken, am I right? Well this works perfectly for this recipe! Score.

IMG 4220 533x800 thumb Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

(serves 1 ~ 250 calories)

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 5 frozen dark cherries
  • 5 ice cubes
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 4 drops peppermint extract
  • Topping: whipped cream and 1/2 crushed candy cane

Directions: Blend up all ingredients except whipped cream and candy cane. Top. Drink. Tell Santa you were extra good.

TIP: Peppermint extract is really strong so only use a tiny bit. I poured 1/2 tsp measure spoon half way and then only dropped in 4 drops from that.

IMG 4206 533x800 thumb Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

Enjoy!

IMG 4217 800x533 thumb Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe
pin it button Skinny Peppermint Shake Recipe

Comments

I make my own peppermint patty’s and the first batch is always very pepperminty because I forgot how strong peppermint extract is lol. I’ll have to try this shake!!

2. Shannon in Tustin says

I only allow myself ONE per season, as 660 calories is just cray.

I do indulge in lots of eggnog-coffee drinks from Starbucks. I know I can buy it myself, but it just tastes better from there. Plus, that keeps me from drinking too many calories–when it becomes a treat and not lurking in the fridge tempting me.

Merry Christmas!

3. Marcee ... ILLINOIS says

Wow. Great calorie wise! Looks healthy enough. Gotta try.

Beware folks. Last week shopping for mini candy canes, I came across boxes and boxes ….. from ….. CHINA!?!? Yep. Too strange. Time to definitely read ALL labels.

Left the stores upset. My goal was to bring several of the mini’s, usually in buckets of maybe 50, for staff @ my doctor’s office, also my eye doctor. Big fail.

4. Megan says

I don’t mean to sound all creepy or anything but I think I just fell in love with you! I’ve been craving peppermint everything- now I can stay healthy with it!!! Thanks so much! :-D

5. Jana says

This is amazing! I need to try this right now! Peppermint is my alltime favorite flavor, so it will definitely be good to have a healthier peppermint treat to try!

Sounds really yummy. I like the base for this drink too. Looks like you could put a bunch of different flavorings with it to switch it up, like almond or chocolate or vanilla… Mmmmm. I have to go for a run so I can come back and make one!

7. Alicia says

I just made this tonight after the gym. I did the same recipe except subbed chocolate almond milk instead of regular milk. SO good!!!