The Most Epic Ride of My Life

This post brought to you by Summer of Groupon. All opinions are 100% mine.

Dear God, You can take me any time now because I just had the most epic day and am happy to end it right here.

summer of groupon blog helicopter 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

Yesterday I went on an “Extreme Helicopter Tour” over Orange County. I got a super deal on Groupon for a 30 minute tour for two.

This tour is considered ‘extreme’ because the pilot takes off the doors of the helicopter so you are basically flying through the air with only a seat belt to hold ya in!

summer of groupon blog helicopter 2 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

I brought Ben along in this adventure because he is pretty obsessed with all things that fly through the air (he’s a mechanical engineer and has worked on planes and helicopters and junk). So, I’m pretty sure he was even more excited than I was!

about to go on helicopter groupon 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

Strapped in and doing the required helicopter selfie.

summer of groupon blog helicopter 7 450x800 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

Next thing you know we were taking off!

summer of groupon blog helicopter 15 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

groupon helicopter flight 4 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

The flight was out of Santa Ana / OC airport so we were over the Pacific Ocean in minutes.

groupon helicopter flight 5 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

summer of groupon blog helicopter 9 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

Literally.

groupon helicopter flight 7 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

Going over the houses and ocean looked just like the opening credits of The Real Housewives of the OC.

summer of groupon blog helicopter 10 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

summer of groupon blog helicopter 8 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

and Laguna Beach wlEmoticon smile6 The Most Epic Ride of My Life

summer of groupon blog helicopter 13 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

Pilot Philip was awesome and pointed out landmarks and points of interest. He also stopped and hovered a bit for good pictures.

summer of groupon blog helicopter 11 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

summer of groupon blog helicopter 14 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

I captured a quick Instagram video of the adventure.

Warning: The wind is loud. (Turn down the volume on your computer/phone.)

Warning #2. This will make you want to drop whatever you are doing and move to Orange County immediately.

I would 1000% do this again. I want to take my family on this tour now too! It was one of the most awesome experiences of my life and I can’t believe it was so easy to set up.

groupon helicopter flight 3 450x800 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

groupon helicopter flight 800x600 thumb The Most Epic Ride of My Life

Check out Groupon to do something epic this summer.

Question: Have you ever been on a helicopter?

Would you take a ride?

Groupon

The Most Epic Ride of My Life

Comments

I’ve never been on a helicopter, have never been to California, and have never been to the ocean…(apparently I live under a rock)…I would like to change all of that after seeing those awesome pictures!

To this date the helicopter ride Hershey’s took Theodora and I on from NYC was one of the coolest experiences I have had! Since then I’ve taken 3 other helicopter rides, primarily on vacation. I LOVED the helicopter ride in Maui! So glad Ben was able to go with you as well. This Groupon partnership is pretty epic!

3. Laura says

I love helicopter rides. I have been twice, both times over the Grand Canyon. I highly recommend that ride to everyone. The first time I went, we just flew over the Grand Canyon checking out all the scenery. The second time we landed in the Canyon and then took a boat ride on the river. Both times were awesome! I am glad you enjoyed yourselves!!

I just posted about a helicopter yesterday too! My dad is a helicopter pilot so we went to check out his new medevac helicopter now that he is retired from the navy. I didn’t get to fly in it since I didn’t require medical attention, but I definitely climbed all around and took awkward pictures!

Bucket list babay! Well…sorta. I have a lot of other things to do first haha. But! My brother took my on a private airplane ride and it was super cool! I got to see the top of a mountain that I’ve been wanting to hike…so then…I didn’t have to hike it anymore since I already knew what it looked like teehee!

6. karleen says

omg this looks awesome! I live in Irvine and I think I forget just how gorgeous of a place we actually live in! I may have to purchase this one. Thanks for sharing!

7. Tara says

So cool! I did a helicopter tour in Hawaii, it was a glass bottom one, and it was AMAZING! A little scary getting in the helicopter while the blades are going (really thought I would get my head chopped off!) but other than that, one of the best experiences! Right up there with Zip lining in Jamaica!

My husband and I took a helicopter tour of Kaui when we were there in 2004 (so long ago) and it was amazing. The blues, the greens, the waterfalls. Words cannot do it justice.

9. Shannon in Tustin says

We really are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. I remind my kids all the time and that they should be thankful!

Looks like an epic adventure. :)