Tried and Truvia

I have been trying to cut back on sugar for a few reasons, but can’t help that I love to sweeten up my eats. I usually add a little brown sugar to my oat bran (or oatmeal). Yesterday at the store I saw Truvia was on sale. I figured it was worth a shot and took it home (after paying for it, duh). IMG 2635 300x225 Tried and Truvia

Truvia is a calorie free sweetener made from Erythritol and Stevia. I have tried stevia “straight up” in the past and didn’t care for the after taste, but that was a long time ago and I’ve been wanting to give it another try. IMG 2636 300x225 Tried and Truvia

I put one packet in my oat bran this morning and it sweetened it up perfectly. I don’t think it tasted artificial (but I do drink diet sodas, so my preference may be skewed). IMG 2638 300x225 Tried and Truvia

Overall: I like it! My only concern is I have heard that no calorie sweeteners confuse your body into thinking they are getting more calories from the food/drink. When you drink an artificially sweetened beverage and don’t get any calories from it your body sometimes ends up craving those calories one way or another. Hmmmm.

I do believe it may be best to just try to get your tastes to change and cut back on sweet tasting things no matter how they are sweetened, but I am not very interested in doing that to myself at this point.

Marathon Training: Today was a 6 miler. I did 6.37 in 56:31 and walked a little to cool down.

Before I left I had a small bowl of cereal since I woke up hungry! IMG 2633 300x225 Tried and TruviaHappy Monday! I am excited for Thanksgiving! My family is coming to visit and will be here tomorrow night – this is going to be a fun and crazy week icon smile Tried and Truvia

Comments

I go with stevia in the raw or nunaturals. Nunaturals is the best in my opinion but if you don’t like stevia straight up it might not be for you(I on the other hand nibble on my stevia plant sometimes)

I use Truvia, too. I also use Splenda occasionally and LOVE diet Pepsi so I’m clearly not an all natural girl. However, Truvia isn’t all that bad and doesn’t have a strange aftertaste. It works for me!

That’s funny; I just picked up a box of Truvia this weekend and tried it in my coffee for the first time this morning. I liked it okay– I thought I detected a hint of bitterness? Or some other weird flavor? But overall, it was fine!

I can’t do artificial sweetner. I just can’t. Don’t like the taste and hurts my stomach too. Yay for family at the holidays. Looking forward to seeing mine this week too! I have a pretty silly family so whenever we all get together the giggling is non stop. So fun! Enjoy.

I have never tried Truvia, I usually just have splenda. I usually only have 1 packet in my coffee so not TOO much. I’ve heard about artificial sweetener confusing your body but I haven’t decided what I think just yet.

6. Katie says

Hey Monica, just wanted to say I love your blog! I can relate to many things you write about – running, IE, food issues, and of course, I love Natalie Dee :)

Thanks for the Truvia post. I’m a Splenda girl myself, but I’ve really wanted to switch to something slightly more natural, so I’ll give Truvia a try and see if I like it!

Great morning, might be at this point is towards situation merely well, i%u2019ve become executing study concerning your webpage which%u2019s why it’s very obviously pro. I include been utilizing a fresh unique writings with each other with attempting return glance good, each and every time along with feel treatment i%u2019ve damage it. Recommendations regarding how burdensome was considered the to ensure that you site? Properly any individual much as one example me lacking an occurence accomplish this, in the top that complete folks boost web should possess associated with chewing entirely up receiving that can done plus?

The very next time I just read your blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as that one. I am talking about, It was my replacement for read, however actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a number of whining about something you could fix should you werent too busy seeking attention.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you handle itcant remember who said it, but it is true. Unfortunate events are often the catalyst needed for positive change. After all, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing, the same way and expecting different results. Keep up the encouragement! Thanks for all you do!

Great morning, could be here is towards situation merely well, i%u2019ve become executing study concerning your webpage which%u2019s why it is extremely obviously pro. I include been having a fresh unique writings with your spouse with attempting return glance good, whenever as well as feel an answer i%u2019ve ruin it. Recommendations about how burdensome was considered the to actually site? Properly any man much for example me lacking an occurence accomplish this, ahead that complete folks boost web should possess related to chewing entirely up receiving that may done plus?

There are actually plenty of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a great level to convey up. I provide the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you deliver up where crucial factor will likely be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round things like that, but I’m sure that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.