Fun Fridays – Food Fact

If nothing else, Friday should be fun right?!

Well, here is a Fun Friday Food Fact for you

According to Wikipedia (and several other sources) ice cream was first made in China…

Ancient civilizations have served ice for cold foods for thousands of years. The BBC reports that a frozen mixture of milk and rice was invented in China around 200 BC, and in 618-97 AD, King Tang of Shang had 94 men who made a frozen dish of buffalo milk, flour, and camphor.[1] The Roman Emperor Nero (37–68) had ice brought from the mountains and combined with fruit toppings. These were some early chilled delicacies.

No wonder I love Chinese food so much, they created my fave food ever – ice cream!!!

Monica’s Fun Fact: *Actually, I love frozen yogurt more than ice cream, and always have. I don’t choose it because of health reasons, I like the softer, “melt-ier” texture and toppings varieties!!! Even if calories didn’t matter and I wanted to indulge I would pick fro-yo every time. Now I want some!IMG 5122 400x300 Fun Fridays   Food Fact

I really wanted to hit up the store for some veggie bacon for lunch, but decided to eat what I had planned – a veggie burger in a wrap. IMG 5285 400x300 Fun Fridays   Food Fact

Isn’t this plate so pretty? I think I got it at Marshall’s. IMG 5283 400x300 Fun Fridays   Food Fact

Dessert was a Nutty Bit – I found one completely covered in chocolate. That fact made me a little too happy.

IMG 5286 400x300 Fun Fridays   Food FactThe Winter Olympics are starting!!!

I’m excited for the winter games! My fave sports are ice skating and snow boarding (to watch, not participate obviously). What are your faveorites?

Here is the official Vancouver Olympics website for more info icon smile Fun Fridays   Food Fact

Good luck to all our athletes!!!

Comments

I like ice skating and skiing. They make it look so easy!!
    I love the meltiness of froyo too, but if I had to choose, I’d pick soft serve ice cream…choco/vanilla twist in a cone :)

2. Lauren says

I love, love, love mens snowboarding–Shaun White FTW! I also like to watch alpine skiing and short track speed skating. Figure skating was more fun to watch in the Michelle Kwan era, now I don’t know who anyone is.

I like fro-yo, too. I just prefer soft serve…and all the toppings! I haven’t had good fro-yo since I left California, um a really long time ago. I’m so excited for the Olympics; I’m all about the figure skating.

So excited for the Olympics too! The opening ceremony being my favorite.

Ice skating, hands down my favorite event – hubby? He doesn’t like watching the Olympics that much, so he reminds me that’s why we have four t.v.’s! :D

I always forget that Marshall’s has the home goods section – I typically think of it as a clothes store!

Corey its really a tough call. I also really enjoyed the North Olympic Discovery Marathon (Ill be running it again this year), but as with any Washington state race, weather can be a crapshoot. We had great weather last year, but it could be hot this year. If you want cooler, theres always the Seattle Marathon in late November!

link:link:I used to be very encouraged to find this site. I needed to thanks for this special read. I undoubtedly savored every little little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. This great and i hope u check tv desktop

Hrmm that was weird, my comment got eaten. Anyway I wanted to say that its nice to know that someone else also mentioned this as I had trouble finding the same info elsewhere. This was the first place that told me the answer. Thanks.