Tofu Tacos

I really wanted to name this post “Tacos Tacos Tacos Tacos” or “Terry’s Tacos” because I love Terry from Reno 911 and the fact that he does inappropriate things at his place of work – Tacos tacos tacos tacos.

Are you familiar with Terry?

Mexican Meatless Mondays are back!

I have never made tofu tacos, so I was just crossing my fingers that these would come out good and they did!

Tofu Tacos:

Press the tofu for an hour (that still didn’t get all the liquid out, but it was all the time I had).  I cooked some chopped onions and a little minced garlic until the onions were clear. Then, I crumbled the tofu into the pan and topped it with TJ’s Taco Seasoning.IMG 5551 thumb Tofu Tacos

Here is the tofu taco filling:IMG 5553 thumb Tofu Tacos

I stuffed the filling into TJ’s taco shells and served with a salad. I really really liked this dish! Actually, after we ate I proclaimed that this is my new second favorite meal I can cook!! YUM! IMG 5557 thumb Tofu Tacos**Edited to add: Ben ate this for dinner too. I don’t think he loved it as much as I did, but I had no complaints and he was happy and satisfied icon smile Tofu Tacos He said the tofu taco filling reminded him of eggs and soy chorizo – another one of our faves.

Physical Therapy:

Before my taco extravaganza I had a Physical Therapy appointment for my bum knee. Today the PT made me do some of the “homework” exercises with ankle weights. I didn’t realize how weak my hips are! I really need to strengthen and stretch them to get better.IMG 5547 thumb Tofu Tacos

My afternoon snacks were uneventful and included an apple and Almond Butter slathered rice cake. Plus some chips icon smile Tofu Tacos IMG 5550 thumb Tofu TacosIMG 5549 thumb Tofu Tacos

I bought a new yogurt I may try for dessert, but other than that I’m laying low tonight.

See you in the morning icon smile Tofu Tacos

pin it button Tofu Tacos

Comments

i had an apple pie flavored yogurt the other night and it tasted just like dessert but i was a bit weirded out by the fact that the consistency was NOT pie hahaha

Those look awesome! I wish I picked some of those up at trader joe’s the other day. Since I’ve given up prepared soy products for lent, I know I’m going to need this recipe to keep myself entertained by tofu

3. Sarah W. says

I had tacos tonight too!!!!!!!! I LOVE taco night. One of my fav things. Tonight 2 new items made an appearance and I think they will be permanent items on taco night: PLANTAINS and homemade GUACAMOLE!!!!

I had a trader joes low carb tortilla stuffed w/ fat free refried beans, plantains and guacamole – it was amazing. x 2!!!! yummmmmmmmm.

I like your idea of crumbling the tofu – might need to try that sometime! we are winners!

4. Lauren says

How do you press your tofu? I normally put it on a stack of paper towels, put a cutting board over it, and then pile on the books. There has to be a better way, though, I am going through a lot of paper towels.

So funny, I had the exact same reaction when I was in PT last summer – my hips were so weak! I had no idea, nor did I have a clue how to work them out. Strong hips unite :)

I have a few blocks of tofu in the fridge … I’ll have to try this! I wonder if the husband would like it. Though, I’m sure if he added cheese, he’ll be just fine!

I’m not a PT but should you be starting your training with weights? I’m not sure what exercise you’re doing, but I have one where I’m to have my back and body flush against a wall and slowly bring my leg up and down about 15-20 times (this really hurts in my hip flexor!), but it’s enough that I don’t need weights. In fact, I was told that a lot of people don’t need weights because it’s hard enough to begin with.

Just my thoughts. :-)