Non Food Guilty Pleasure

I have a lot of food related guilty pleasures…(hence the reason these damn 10 pounds stick around no matter how much I run).

Like whole veggie pizzas, just for me…DSCN0393 thumb Non Food Guilty Pleasure

And so much frozen yogurt I would definitely beat Man vs. Food in a YogurtLand competition… DSCN0173 thumb Non Food Guilty Pleasure

But, I also have a non-food related guilty pleasure…television. I like TV! I look forward to relaxing and watching trashy reality show re-runs on the weekends. I used to watch TV while on my treadmill, but since I don’t own one in MD I can’t do that anymore.

Sure, I can watch “The View” at the gym, but it’s not the same. Anyways, I thought I’d come clean with this indulgence that makes me happier, not healthier icon smile Non Food Guilty Pleasure

What’s your non-food related guilty pleasure??

Unfortunately, there are no good shows on Mondays icon sad Non Food Guilty Pleasure So last night I was stuck watching a random cop show on cable. But tonight it’s all about LOST. lost poster thumb Non Food Guilty Pleasure

My breakfast included my latest food related guilty pleasure – TJ’s Almond Butter. I like PB, but I am obsessed with this AB. I have never went through jars of nut butter so fast! I don’t share this with Ben either (that is probably the most guilty part). Love. LOVE.

Three jars are necessary because 1.) is ready to be oats or yogurt mess in a jar 2.) is the one I’m currently eating 3.) an emergency jar so I don’t run out! IMG 7053 thumb Non Food Guilty Pleasure

I topped my oatmeal with a generous scoop of AB this morning. I may or may not have also stole a few bites from the container. I check and rechecked the label to see if there was any sugar or crack that makes this so addicting, but nope. IMG 7050 thumb Non Food Guilty Pleasure

Run: This morning I woke up bright and early to bust out 5.8miles. I miscalculated the route and meant to do 6, oh well.  My time was slower than yesterday, boo.

Comments

It’s totally legit to have more jars of AB in the pantry, especially if it’s from TJ’s. They discontinue you things when you least expect it so I made sure to grab a few jars the last time I was there :)

Hi Monica — I’m a new reader to your blog and I just had to comment because I think this is great!! I also love TV more than I should. :-/ I never used to be this way, but my list of shows that I follow keeps growing and growing. And Lost is at the VERY top…..I’m obsessed!! I get sad thinking that each episode brings us closer to the end…. But anyway, for now, I look forward to my Tuesday nights. Also — I recently discovered TJ’s Almond Butter as well and it’s my absolute favorite. I probably have at least 3 types of nutbutter stocked up in the house at all times…just in case. ;)

OMG I LOVE LOST!
    I bought that AB at TJ’s last time I went to NYC! I can’t wait to try it! I’m still powering through a jar of regular almond butter!
    I have a few non-food guilty pleasures: cheesy romance novels (especially the Sookie Stackhouse Series aka True Blood books), gossip magazines, crap TV, Romantic comedies, the list goes on…

LOST!!! i could watch it all day every day until i got through all the episodes and then i could do it again!!

my fav guilty pleasure is reading. i never feel like i can justify the time i would like to spend on it but there’s nothing better than curling up with a good book in a cozy chair (unless youre with richard alpert — then it would be beyond orgasmic — ahaha can i write that one your blog?!)

Life is all about the guilty pleasures. I mean, what else do we have to live for if we can’t indulge in these things from time to time. No shame, no guilt! :)

I am loving that AB from Tj’s. I just picked up a jar for the first time last week and I can’t stop myself from taking random bites right from the jar. :) SOooo good!

Junky tv is definitely my guilty pleasure. I could also watch episode after episode of The Gilmore Girls.
    Dont hate me, but I’ve never watched Lost. I know it’s great, but I never took the time to sit and watch.

I love that ab and I’m currently out of it; I need to go to TJs to restock.

I just started getting into making my own pizza and it feels so much less guilty that way! Something about controlling everything that goes into it!

I love TV too, so much that I didn’t own one for several years, requiring me to visit friends if I there was a show I wanted to watch. My boyfriend got me into LOST when we first started dating and I can’t wait for tonight either. He also got me into How I Met Your Mother and 2 1/2 Men on Monday’s…and I like The Big Bang Theory if you need something on Monday. Good comedy for relaxing!

One more thing, I too, often have 2-3 jars of nut butters going on in the cupboard :)

One of my food-related guilty pleasures is a crisp glass of proseco. But non-food guilty pleasure – definitly gossip magazines, E! news when I’m able to catch it, and watching The Real Housewives of Orange County and New Jersey. Sooooo trashy, but soooooo good.

dude i LOVE lost!!! it’s my favorite show and i won’t be able to watch the ending until december unless i can find it overseas… let us know how it goes!!! Other great guilty pleasure TV: Gossip Girl. Highly recommended classy trash.

The pizza comment makes me laugh. My husband and I went to CPK this weekend where I had the best veggie pizza ever. The waitress came over to ask us if we needed boxes. My husband said yes, I told her I was finishing mine. Awe and disgust are the words used to describe the look she gave me.

my guilty pleasure is that i’m 42 years old and i still watch mtv shows like “real world” and the “real world/road rules” challenges which are aimed at the 30 and under crowd.

My guilty pleasure is not only watching trashy reality TV, but arguing about whether they’re being real or if it’s just for the cameras! I really don’t care…I’d watch it regardless!

TV and shopping are definitely my non-food guilty pleasures — I can get sucked into a Bravo reality show marathon (Top Chef, Real Housewives of NY or OC) and, before I know it, my Saturday is gone!! :(

When I was down at my happier weight in late 2008 I would keep myself from bingeing by buying cute clothes, but I very quickly developed the same overindulgent habits I have with food with shopping, and my bank account took a huge hit! I’m working on getting both under control now.