California Wine and Thai Food

Ben and I used to eat Thai food once a week in Irvine. But we don’t have a “go-to” Thai restaurant. We decided to hit up a local place we’ve been to a couple of times and like, just not love.

Well, we were very pleasantly surprised to see one of our fave CA wines on the menu! We visited Domain Chandon winery in Napa on one of our crazy road trips. I LOVE sparkling wines and this place is ALL sparkling!!! IMG 7854 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

I LOVE the parasols hanging on the roof. They are so bright and pretty! IMG 7858 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

My date is bright and pretty too! IMG 7857 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

I started with a salad because I hadn’t had any veggies today. IMG 7856 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

For my entree I ordered the Drunken Noodles. I wanted both noodles and rice and couldn’t decide…

IMG 7862 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

So I got both!IMG 7861 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

Earlier today I introduced Ben to Great Harvest. He has been complaining about our bread and I told him we should go to GH so he could pick a winner.IMG 7849 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

I got two BIG samples because I was “curious” about how bread tastes. Apparently I forgot since I had only eaten four pieces so far today…IMG 7852 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

Next door to GH there is a pizza place and Ben wanted pizza for lunch. I took a non-pepperoni bite and crust.IMG 7851 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

He was happy to share icon smile California Wine and Thai FoodIMG 7850 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

On the way home from dinner I spotted a groundhog and Ben stopped the car to take a picture of it. He loves groundhogs because his favorite movie is Ground Hog’s Day (even though I make fun of this all the time). IMG 7866 thumb California Wine and Thai Food

Now I am going to enjoy some ice cream because we didn’t want to go all the way to the frozen yogurt place. That’s on the agenda for tomorrow icon wink California Wine and Thai Food

Comments

I’ve never had drunken noodles but am now intrigued. The only Thai dish I’ve tried is pad thai and love it but I want to try something different but am afraid it will be a disappointment!

One of my husband’s favorite movies is Groundhog’s Day, too! He always cries at the end…he loves Scrooged, too. This means my obsession with Real Housewives and Fresh Meat Challenge gets a pass.

I’ve never had drunken noodles either and am so curious! I am going to Thailand in November though and am excited to eat my way through the whole country. If you have a chance to get the cinnamon swirl bread at Great Harvest–not sure what the official name is, but the one that has a spiral of cinnamon through it–it is absolutely AMAZING. And so is the one with the apple struedel on top :)

4. Karissa Chow says

I’ve been a silent reader for a while, but wow I didn’t know you’ve been to Irvine.. most people have never even heard of it! I’m from Irvine teehee. I love bread in general (gotta limit myself though ya kmow..sigh) so that bread sample looks pretty good :)

Oh my gosh-I think I know what Thai place that is..Bankok Delight? Well if it isn’t I will look really silly right now. But if it is-I actually used to go there all the time with my mom, and it has been my favorite Thai place ever since. However, I haven’t been in forever! I always get a special that isn’t on the menu-seafood in yellow curry inside a spaghetti squash. It is so good! I still have to try that Great Harvest Bread. I haven’t been yet.

I will be reading more from you as soon as you post it. I love your blog. Thanks for it. I never can figure out how you all do these blogs so in depth I get lost in the first few sentences.