Cupcakes!

Ben and I wanted to try one more place before deciding on where to get our anniversary cake. Today we tried two flavors of cupcakes from Oh What a Cake! in Columbia.

Coconut cake with pineapple mousse – It was good, but I don’t really like coconut. Ben loved this one though. He liked that the cake was mild and similar to pound cake. He also loves all things coconut.IMG_8515

Chocolate cake with cherry filling – We agreed that fruit filling with chocolate cake doesn’t work. The icing was good, but I want a darker chocolate in my desserts.IMG_8514

Dinner – After a day of tons of random snacking on too many carbs and junk (see below) I went with a salad for dinner. I need to remember that sugar only causes more sugar cravings in my life.IMG_8505

Monsoon! This afternoon it started pouring out of no where. It was crazy!!! IMG_8502

BLTs…

– cottage cheese w/ jelly and crackers

– SB protein bar

– apple

– cereals with milk

– granola cookie

– 1/2 piece of bread with AB

It was one of those days…

Comments

I’m not a coconut fan either but the pineapple mousse sounds bomb. YUM!

I love getting cupcakes. I think it’s a good way to sample what kind of cake you guys want to get for the anniversary! I love fruit-filled white cakes over chocolate.

2. Ashley C says

I hope someone eats my anniversary cake so I can do another tasting and order another cake when I get married some day hehe. Is it sad that I’m looking more forward to cake tastings/picking out a cake than a dress??

3. stephreyn85 says

Maybe im an airhead and I missed it, but you busted out some champagne a few days ago to celebrate…did we find out what it was for???

Cupcakes look delicious!! DC has some very amazing cupcake places. It helps me becuase I can enjoy cake within some sort of portion control.

5. Alyssa says

Our 2 year anniversary is in July and I am really sad that it doesn’t involve cake like last year :(. However, I think I am going to follow your plan and just get one anyone (after as much taste testing as possible).

I got caught in that freak storm yesterday walking back from Trader Joe’s! Good thing I randomly had an umbrella in my massive bag.

And while everyone else was grumbling about the rain, I was content because I had TJ’s treats in my bag. Totally worth getting a little wet over.

I’m the exact same way with sugar. Sugar just leads to more intense sugar cravings. A lot of times I can satisy the craving with something like trail mix or an apple with pb.