Get To Work

I casually mentioned that I was starting my new job today. I don’t really want to talk about it too much since I’m not sure if it’s cool with them for me to talk about, but I can tell you I’m working as an Office Administrator in Orange County very close to my soon to be new condo icon smile Get To Work

The position is 30 hours a week so I will have time to pursue more writing work and finally finish studying for my Personal Training Certification! This job choice is a strategic move for all my new pursuits – including having set time dedicated to RER.

What this means for RER:

- For the next three weeks my week day posting may be late. Hey, better late than never, right?! (Please say yes.)

- My eats will now be more “real” in that I think “real life” for most people means eating on the run/at work/with time constraints. I’m hoping to show more healthy packed lunches and lots of snacks.

- I will respond to emails and comments twice a day and set a schedule for getting back to everyone within 24 hours. Thanks for your patience.

- I may actually have pics on the blog where I put on make-up and dress decent. Well, at least at first… IMG 9954 thumb Get To Work

I’m excited to finally get settled in California, but that won’t really happen until August when we move into our place. For now Ben and I are carpooling together from my mom’s. Company definitely makes the ride more pleasant.

Before I went to my first day of work I did 4.8 miles. It wasn’t the best run, but it wasn’t the worst? That’s that.

Breakfast was a Perfect 10 bagel with LC cheese and an apple.IMG 9937 thumb Get To Work When I got to work my new co-workers brought me a “Welcome donut”. I ate half and then jumped back on the CFW challenge.

Then, I spent the day learning a bunch of new stuff. Even if it’s not hard work, new work can be overwhelming. I think I’ll be okay though icon smile Get To Work

I ate lunch while waiting for Ben to come pick me up. He had dropped me off at work, but I needed the car earlier so we had to switch.

Check out my new lunch bag and massive bottle of water! Love my new lunch contraption. IMG 9938 thumb Get To Work

I pack this thing full of goodies! The stretch factor helps me stuff more snacks in there! IMG 9939 thumb Get To Work

IMG 9940 thumb Get To Work

Plus a Chobani for protein.IMG 9942 thumb Get To Work

Mid-afternoon I had some cherries. These cherries are amazing, I need to find that cherry vendor again! IMG 9944 thumb Get To Work

After work I ran a quick errand before picking up Ben from work. While errand-ing I had some almonds and cereal. These packets are almonds definitely hold off my hunger better than any 100 cal pack of cookies.IMG 9945 thumb Get To Work

On the l-o-n-g drive home I had one random thing on my mind – TUNA. I was on a tuna mission and the first thing I did was crack open a can and mix it up with mayo, relish and mustard.IMG 9946 thumb Get To Work

I made it right in my salad bowl and then added lettuce, onions, tomatoes and hummustard.  IMG 9948 thumb Get To Work

I really want dessert, but I need to dig one up that doesn’t have sugar. Darn, Crap Free Week!?!

Ben’s Random Comment of the Day:

Me: “My laptop is too big to carry around. Should I get an iPad?”

Ben: “I think we can find a better way to spend $500. We should get an iCouch or an iTable first…”

Ha! It’s funny because we don’t have any furniture at all icon smile Get To Work

Comments

1. Carla in Sydney says

Good luck with your new job. Starting a new job always makes me very tired…learning all the new things and meeting all the new people. Ben’s comment is very funny!! :-)

Congrats on the new job! I’m excited to see what you bring for lunches as I am always looking for more lunch ideas. I have to check out those 100 calorie almond packs – I used to be a huge 100 cal snackpacker in undergrad and they never held me over – but almonds sound like a better alternative. Bens comment made me actually LOL!

Congrats on the new position!!!! You will be awesome and a truly hope that jobs brings you wonderful opportunities! :) Change is always hard no matter what is happening but the key is to find a good schedule and stick with it. You seem to have that down already! You’ll do great hun!

Good luck at your new job and have fun. BTW, I love making tuna salads they are so delicious and I spice mine up with crushed red peppers. I never saw that Chobani flavor before. Is it any good?

lol love Ben’s comment.

Congratulations on the job! And Chobani has to be my favorite yogurt in…umm…the entire world! Soooo good.

Ben sounds like my fiance. Brad was trying to talk me into an iPad a while back, but both of our cars are a decade old and two doors which I think we’ve outgrown.

Good luck on the new job! I hope it gives you the flexibility to do the things you really want to do. I so enjoy your blog!

Love Ben’s Ipad comment – such a man!!

My hubby actually just suprised me with one and I love it ( but I already have furniture :0) )

Applause! Great work darhlin! Happy to hear you are settling in.

I carpooled yesterday too, fabulous!

The iPad is an oversized Etch a Sketch. They are all over the place though, have no idea how people afford them, lol.

The unseen time bomb in all of this is that as people struggle to downsize obesity the knock on effect of all of this then emerges as levels of fitness tightens up with less available exercise being taken and more disease becoming prevalent…If Central Governments don’t take a grip soon then we could be facing an obesity problem.

Thanks so much for your cool post; this is the stuff that continues to keep me motivated during the day. I’ve been looking around for these articles unpon heading about them a friend and was pleased when I was able to find it after searching for some time. Being a blogger myself, I’m glad to see others taking initiative and adding to the community. I just wanted to comment to show my appreciation for your posts as it’s extremely encouraging, and many writers don’t get the recognition they deserve. I know I’ll come back to read more and will send some of my friends.