Running Bucket List and MMM – Taco Salad

It’s that time again – Mexican Meatless Monday!

I almost skipped “MMM” today since I wasn’t feeling it. But, since I had beans that needed to be eaten anyways, I threw together a taco salad. Nothing new, but it gets the job done. IMG 1050 thumb Running Bucket List and MMM – Taco Salad*Don’t you like how Mexican Meatless Monday = MMM = Mmmmmmm

Taco salad fixings: romaine, salsa, veggie ground meat, beans, Tapatio and chopped cheddar. Served with a tortilla and chips that just happened to be on the table. Thanks Ben.IMG 1049 thumb Running Bucket List and MMM – Taco Salad Post dinner I wanted a treat, but since I’m trying to avoid too much sugar this week I opted for watermelon. I proceeded to eat way too much of it and now feel bloated. I don’t think that was the point of trying to “clean up” my eats. Boo. Moving on.

My snack for break time – Greek yogurt and homemade trail mix. I’m glad I packed this because I was hungry in between class and lab today! I was also super moody, which is random. Sorry lab buddy. IMG 1046 thumb Running Bucket List and MMM – Taco Salad

Running Bucket List

My past few runs and chats with fellow runners have completely inspired me. I am more motivated than ever! Even though I am still a month away from my next race I am all ready to plan the following one. I’m basically obsessed with Active.com right now and other blogger’s race reports.

I keep researching all my “dream races” and have a list of races I want to do before I “kick the running bucket”.

My Running Bucket List includes…

- Big Sur : This race tops all the “most scenic” marathon lists and happens to be located in my favorite state. Not too far from where Ben and I had a mini-moon the night after we got married!DSCN1025 thumb Running Bucket List and MMM – Taco Salad

- New York: If you can make it there, you’ll make it anywhere.

- Catalina: On an island just off CA. I’ve heard it’s crazy hard, but you may get to run with the local buffaloes. And you basically get into a cult if you do it. Kinda.

- Disneyworld: I want redemption. Put me in coach! I can do it this time!!monicacastle2 thumb Running Bucket List and MMM – Taco Salad

- Disneyland Half: It’s in my backyard, but I have been out of town every year since it started. Ben and I always travel that weekend because it’s his birthday, but I need to stick around to do it once.

- Nike Women’s Half in SF: I really want to run a “women’s race” for the comraderie and energy icon smile Running Bucket List and MMM – Taco Salad Plus SF rocks.

- Any Marathon in another country: How do you say “Where is the porta potty?” in Greek?

- Boston: A girl can dream, can’t she?

Question: Do you have a running bucket list?

A distance or race you dream of??

I also want to do a turkey trot this year and some fun themed races icon smile Running Bucket List and MMM – Taco Salad

Now I must be off to add to my list!

Comments

My dad and uncle are running Big Sur for my uncle’s 50th birthday. How awesome is that? I’d love to run it too! They both say it’s gorgeous but tough.

Big Sur, Kauai, Disneyworld and Disneyland come to mind. I just want to be able to say I finished a marathon one day.

Heck yeah I have a running bucket list!

Disneyworld because I love Disneyland and think a marathon there would be awesome.
    SD rock & roll – heard great things
    Nashville rock & roll because I love country music

3. Jennifer says

Your blog really made me think about my running goals. I would love to do the NYC Marathon. I live in Florida and would love to do the Disney….I am doing the Epcot Wine and Dine 1/2 next month. I would also like to do a Rock & Roll…unsure about the destination though. My running group is going to Ireland next year if you’d like to join us….

I love that your running bucket list goes so far beyond just running races, but running races in the most beautiful parts of the world! Now that is something to be motivated for. :)

I’ve done NYC and it’s awesome. Do eeet! I keep blowing off Disney, which is silly cus it’s in my back yard. I want to do the Antarctic marathon. That’s my ultimate dream. And I wouldn’t mind doing London, Boston and a few others. Throw in an Xterra team, as well.

I have a SUPER long bucket list, but I figure at the start of my marathon career, that is hopefully is doable:

NYC
    Boston- I wouldn’t be a bucket list without it
    DisneyWorld (in my backyard;)
    Paris
    London
    Chicago

Ok maybe this is more of a vacation list, but isn’t that the point of traveling for races????

I have no plans to do races, but I’d be good at cheering on others! They just start too early! I need to have time in the morning for eating and getting everything to *ahem* flow.

Right now, the only item on my running bucket list is to complete a marathon. My husband and I are going to do the DisneyWorld marathon. Although, if we’re lucky enough to be stationed in Hawaii again, the Honolulu Marathon will definitely be added to the list.

I definitely have a running bucket list:
    Chicago
    Disney World
    Eugene, Oregon (it is the running capital of the US!)
    Nike Woman’s in San Fran
    Napa Valley

I just did Hood to Coast & got to cross it off my list…it was amazing!

10. Hatty says

Being English girl my two bucket list races are of course The Great North Run (half marathon) & London Marathon. I’m doing to Great North Run on Sunday!!! :D

I’d also LOVE to do New York, any Disney race & Berlin