Where do you eat lunch?

I am eating at my desk today because I only work 5 hours on Mondays and don’t get a real break. Then, I head to a long class and lab. I don’t think it’s a good idea to eat while working, or distracted in general but sometimes it’s the only option.

This morning I was uninspired and thew together a salad, grapes and cottage cheese topped with trail mix.IMG 1295 400x266 Where do you eat lunch?

The cottage cheese/trail mix combo really was the star of the show! I used pineapple cottage cheese and the toppings included cereals, cashews, raisins and chocolate chips. Yum!

IMG 1296 400x266 Where do you eat lunch?

There's cottage cheese under there somewhere

See you guys tonight for Mexican Meatless Monday icon smile Where do you eat lunch?

Take a Poll: Where do you eat lunch?

If you have some time you can vote for me for the Project Food Blog  thing icon smile Where do you eat lunch? Thanks.

Comments

If I’m at school during lunch, I get all pathetic and eat lunch in my truck, alone. I have a weird thing with eating in front of strangers when by myself, although I have no problems going to the movies or shopping or doing most anything else by myself.

To be fair though, I have to study in my truck because I’m easily distracted and need complete silence, so I’m in there during that time anyway.

i eat at my desk but i share an office with friends so it’s all good. occasionally we’ll go to DD or something but we’re pretty much snacking all day at our desks!

I’ve been so busy at work that my only real option is to eat at my desk. Not the greatest but hopefully things will slow down at bit and I can start eating at the lunch table:)

I love pineapple cottage cheese!

I eat in my kitchen, hunched over the counter, while listening to talk radio. Probably not the ideal place, but it just happens that way. I actually sat down at the kitchen table today and it felt strange.

I am always at my computer doing law school or blog stuff, so you can usually find me eating at my desk. I know it’s not good to eat while distracted, but as long as I gauge my portion sizes right (before I sit down to eat), I am usually fine.

I’m very lucky that I live so close to home that I can come home and eat there. It’s so nice to be able to take a “real” break from the office.

But we are getting ready to move in with my parents for a few months while our house is being built, so I’m guessing it won’t last much longer sadly. :(

7. Liz says

Okay, I’ve been a lurker for soo long, but I’ve had 2 glasses of wine thus far this evening so I’m feeling courageous! (dinner out with my co-workers…I usually eat alone…see below)

I travel for work, mostly driving, so I often eat lunch in my car. I try to pack lunch on my first day of travel, but after a few days on the road, I end up with some sort of fast food for lunch. Veggie sub from Subway + apples or Chick-fil-a nuggets + waffle fries are my lunch of choice when I’m driving.

Depends. Sometimes at my desk and sometimes at my coffee table.

Either way, I always read during the meal. At my desk = blogs; at the coffee table = magazines. It slows me down and allows my brain to be occupied while chewing. Otherwise I scarf down my food too fast so that I can do something else.

Do you ever run across a blog and wonder how you hadn’t stumbled upon it sooner? Your blog is right up my alley! You have great taste and have been rss’ed :)

Interesting, I’ve never heard of pineapple cottage cheese, sounds like it could be really tasty!
    I really dislike eatting out, I feel safest packing a healthy lunch myself so I spend my lunch in a cafetera with my sack lunch. Veggies are great!