Flapjack and 5k Friday

Hello and Happy Friday!

I love alliterations so I am super excited that today is both Flapjack and 5K Friday. Anyone else participate?

I went for an easy 5ker because I’m still debating a local half marathon tomorrow.

Then, I came home for some protein packed pancakes. Wait, I mean Flapjacks.IMG 6040 thumb Flapjack and 5k Friday

Protein Packed PB Pancakes

Ingredients (for one serving):

1/4c peanut flour

1/4c cottage cheese

1/2 cup eggbeaters or 2 eggs

1/4 tsp each: baking soda and baking powder

dash of cinnamonIMG 6036 thumb Flapjack and 5k Friday

Directions: Mix in a blender. Cook. Eat. Repeat. (I had to.)IMG 6045 thumb Flapjack and 5k Friday

I topped my flapjacks with PB and syrup. On the side – a massive iced coffee. So so good.IMG 6038 thumb Flapjack and 5k Friday

What I didn’t eat:  Last night I stayed up till midnight watching Jersey Shore and messing around on the computer.

Okay that’s not the huge thing.

The huge thing is I didn’t snack. After dinner and my M&Ms I brushed my teeth because I was going to hit the sack. Then, I remembered JS was on so I promptly settled in for a long night of fist pumping on the couch.

Around 11pm I considered getting a little snack, but I assessed my body and realized I wasn’t hungry at all, just getting tired. So, I didn’t eat anything.

Why is this a big deal? Because I am pretty sure it’s the first time ever that I’ve been up that late and not eaten at night. Ever.

Happy Friday  Friends!

*Oh, for those who asked – I got the glassware at Costco. Wasn’t that super predictable though?

Comments

It should “work” but the consistency will be a bit different (and they may fall apart easier). I think consistency is important for pancakes, so the substitute of greek yogurt might work better in other foods (especially ones that don’t require flipping).

First of all, your pancakes look delicious. But more importantly, GO MONICA for recognizing what your body really wanted (rest) and not trying to meet those needs with something else.
    I have the same tendency- I just want to snack when I’m really tired. So I know your decision last night was huge. Great job!

I am totally making these tomorrow! I’ve been wondering what to do with my peanut flour.

Yay for no late snacking!

What did you think of JS? I can’t believe Sammi is such a snot! She should be trying to make friends, not enemies…

Yeah, I feel like there must have been stuff that happened that they don’t show (like during the off season) because there was NO reason for her to be like that. Did they full on get in a fight on the first episode or is that next week?

• alicia says

haha i’m glad i’m not the only one who overanalyzes jersey shore. i feel like it’s becoming more real world-esque with all the intense/emotional drama coming this season!

congrats on resisting the late night snacking urges! i usually find that if i’ve brushed my teeth, it’s so much easier to resist the snacks because i’m lazy and don’t want to brush again.

I bet you lost your appetite during JS watching them roll up to the house driving super expensive cars paid for by America…sigh. Only in this country can a dwarf sized slut get a beemer for getting trashed on camera :)

I am working on the same thing! I always snack at night, and not really because I’m hungry, just because I like to have something. I’ve been better about it so far this year! I go for tea now… try it!

6. Laura says

Monica,

I just wanted to let you know that I have the same issue with night time eating. I have dinner, dessert and I go to bed KNOWING that I’m going to get back up in an hour (usually between 10:30-11:30) and have a bowl of cereal. It’s terrible because it’s already programmed in my head/body that I’m going to do it so I do no matter what. I’m really really proud of you for assessing your hunger and realizing you could do without the snack. EVEN just one time is HUGE! Congrats!

7. Becca says

Good for you for not snacking! Late-night is the WORST time for me as far as food, especially if I’m hanging around at home. I watch TV, play on the computer, chat, and sometimes out of boredom I just snack, snack, snack! I always feel so good on the nights that I can go to bed without eating a lot :)

Wow, that is a huge accomplishment! It’s one reason I have dessert every single night. Mostly because I want to, but it really helps me to have one sweet thing and then know that the kitchen is officially closed.