Trail Closed

Ben and I took a little walk this morning and came across a collapsed fork in the road. A huge chunk of the street fell through and made it impassable.

IMG_6145

All the rain the week before last really damaged some roads and trails around Orange County (and other parts of Southern California).

IMG_6147

Most of this section completely broke off!

IMG_6149

The power of water is amazing.

IMG_6153

We found another way to go and continued on our way.IMG_6157

IMG_6155

We came back and had showers and lunch to fuel up for the rest of the day.IMG_6160

On the agenda: cashing in our Best Buy gift certificates for a TV!

IMG_6163

I’m not fancy and don’t really care about stuff like this, but Ben was excited to get something bigger than a computer monitor to watch Dexter Smile

IMG_6162

Then, we scooted next door to Whole Foods. Love.

IMG_6168

I (apparently very seriously) introduced Ben to the world of juice. I got my usual, detox – in a large up with tons of ice, wheat grass on the side.

IMG_6170

I ordered him the Dr. Oz green drink It was a little sour and I’m not sure if Ben was a fan.

IMG_6169

We picked up dinner from WF. I got some salad bar and Ben got a salmon teriyaki bowl. His was better than mine.

IMG_6176

Whew! Now we’re going to settle in for some hot cocoa and snuggling before calling it a night. See you tomorrow!

Comments

wow
    VERY COOL looking and also pretty d*mn scary
    and Im stealing the concept for my day
    I had a little TRAIL CLOSED MOMENT this morning (metaphorically) and need to step back. look. assess. and decide what to do!

I love that you turned that into a metaphor! Have you ever read “Who Moved My Cheese”? – I’ve been meaning to check it out again, probably for a similar (trail closed) situation.

I don’t know why but I have the hardest time with juice. I am so afraid to spend the money on something that I may not like and the thought of mixing all those different ingredients together makes me nervous…I know this sounds crazy…I do love a pinapple blueberry smoothir from the famers market…but only becuase I snagged a drink of the hub’s one Sunday morning after eating a very spicy empanada and fell in love. Can you recommend a sweet newbie concoction that I could start out with..please:)

That whole in the road is a scary one..YIKES!!

That is a crazy amount of damage! I can’t even imagine seeing that! Ben’s dinner looks awesome, I would have totally chosen that over salad any day :)

4. David says

That’s my local Whole Foods store and I’ve dropped a dollar or (several hundred) in that Best Buy. :) As far as “food bars” go, I think they have one of the best in OC.

My husband and I cashed in a ton of gift cards to get our TV too. I wasn’t that concerned with it, but I have to admit I love having a nicer one! And my husband is super pleased.

HOLY GNARLY photos. that is crazy! i laughed about your best buy experience. we just had to buy a new TV and were at best buy looking at the huge array of screens. marshall asked which one i liked best, i say: “the cheapest one”–seriously, i don’t care! haha. he ended up getting his beloved sharp which he has been pining after. thank god for 3 years interest free, right?