Proatbran

I did it again! I let myself stall my run too long this morning which meant the entire last half of the run all I thought about was breakfast. I was hungry and considered all of the following:

• Smoothie with PB toast on the side
  • Smoothie in a bowl
  • Egg sandwich
  • Frozen waffles
  • Yogurt bowl
  • A Panera bagel wlEmoticon smile20 Proatbran
  • Pizza eggs

All those choices still sound so good! I love breakfast. Luckily I only did 4 miles today so I didn’t have to wait too long to eat.  When I got home I decided to try an oldie, but goodie – Oat bran. IMG 6313 thumb ProatbranI used to be obsessed with this stuff and prefer it over oatmeal (but NOT over steal cut oats, oddly enough). I burnt myself out on hot bowls of oats and suspect that the blog oatmeal phenomenon turns me off a bit since I’m used to being the red-headed odd-one-out in a crowd wlEmoticon smile20 Proatbran

Since I am trying to incorporate more protein in my meals I knew this bowl needed something. I considered stirring in some egg whites, but decided to try protein powder. I used a scoop of this new-to-me flavor – Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl. Can’t go wrong with that combo! IMG 6318 thumb Proatbran

It didn’t sweeten up the oat bran enough for me so I added a packet of chemicals knock off splenda. Then it was perfect. I’m calling it Proatbran wlEmoticon smile20 ProatbranIMG 6314 thumb Proatbran

Topped with almond butter and chia seeds. This is comfort in a bowl on a cold morning. IMG 6317 thumb ProatbranToo bad it’s not cold here! Well, not too bad – Thank Goodness because I love it!image thumb2 Proatbran

Question of the day (I found on it 9GAG and Reddit):

What would you choose:

image thumb3 Proatbran image thumb4 Proatbran

Comments

1. Ellie says

Hey Monica! Quick question about adding protein powder to your hot cereals. Do you add before and then cook or stir in at the end. Thanks!

Since I already have the man of my dreams (I swear he didn’t pay me to say that!) I would go with the breadsticks. I loooove me some hot n ready bread sticks from Little Cesars :)

3. Dynamics says

Sweet, Sweet, love every time!!!! How could you choose bread sticks over beautiful sex?

Okay Monica, i have to go to the store today and get some bread, you keep mentioning egg sandwitches and now I crave one or two or three.

I have to be in the mood for sex, but breadsticks? Mmmmm

Plus, 48 hours of sex sounds like a recipe for a raging UTI, or am I reading too much into the question? :)

Omg this reminds me. Have you ever had the breadsticks from Pat & Oscars? Those are so freaking amazing. They give you a few while you wait in line…amazing.

Not that I’d choose the breadsticks or anything.

6. Kristen says

What a great would you rather!

If the breadsticks were calorie free, I’d pick them.. but 48 hours of sexy-time is the winner for me!

7. VanessaG says

I’d have to vote for the breadsticks…as long as I don’t gain weight. I’d slather cheese on them and dip them in marinara….yummy (just as good as the other choice,haha)
    Soooo jealous of the weather. Ive been cooped up all week (teacher=no school all week, only 3days last week)!

8. Anne says

I second @Sana – my first thought was, mmm, sex! But then, wow… 48 hours? Chafing…

Still, probably better for me and my waistline in the long-run than the never-ending temptation of breadsticks. Sex it is!

hahahah def, def, def the sex. 48 hrs of amazing hot sweaty sex? Although I do love breadsticks, if I eat a lifetime supply of them, no one will ever have even 48 seconds of sex with me!

xoxo