Oh my gosh! I almost forgot I am going to Arizona tonight!! I never take road trips too seriously (read: leave everything to the last minute). I guess that’s because Ben and I used to take off on a moments notice on random trips when we were in love (the term I use for when we were first dating)
We went to Rosarito on whim (hello, Mexico). And our 3rd date was to the Grand Canyon. Look at how young Ben looks without the scruff!
Yosemite to climb Half Dome (it’s like 8 hours away and we left randomly after work one Friday afternoon).
And then there’s that time we drove across the country with everything we owned.
So yeah, a weekend in the next state seems like no biggie But since I’m supposed to run a half marathon it is a big deal that I pack everything I need to run. I made a list and hope I fit it all in my overnight suitcase.
1. Because I’m asking nicely. Publicly.
2. Because I almost spelled “public” as “pubic” and considered leaving it to give you a laugh.
3. I love traveling and this would be another road trip for me!
4. I have been writing RER for close to 3 years now (!) and would love this opportunity.
5. I checked out the list of speakers and know I would learn a lot!
6. I’ll bring snacks for my fellow travelers!
7. If you see me at the conference and take a picture of me looking like I just woke up I’ll still let you post it on your blog (even though I may attempt to get even at some point).
See you in another state!
Run SMART Goals
Fill out this form to get the SMART Running Goals worksheet to your inbox!