Pancake Sunday and Nutella

You know how some people live each day just waiting for Friday? Well, that’s how I feel about Sunday. Every week I count down the days until Sunday. Actually, let me be more specific – I count down the days until Pancake Sunday. It’s the best day of the week!IMG 7095 thumb Pancake Sunday and Nutella

Sunday used to be the only day of the week that Ben and I would sleep in. Then we would walk to the corner store to get a newspaper and read it while eating pancakes and cutting coupons (okay that last one was just me).

But, today was Ben’s third day of Couch to 5K so we had to get up and run. I am glad that pancakes still work as post run fuel.

I made two different batches because Ben loves Bisquick with extra eggs (they end up being very crepe-like). My batch had eggs, a dollop of pumpkin, oat bran, ww flour, baking soda & powder, salt, almond milk.

IMG 7082 thumb Pancake Sunday and Nutella

The first ones were too flat. This is common when you use pumpkin in pancakes since it makes the batter more watery. I added a handful of whole wheat flour and the second two came out perfect.

IMG 7084 thumb Pancake Sunday and Nutella

I also grilled a banana with a little butter. IMG 7089 thumb Pancake Sunday and NutellaOh.my.gosh. I like bananas, but grilling them takes it to a whole new level.

IMG 7085 thumb Pancake Sunday and Nutella

And as if this amazing plate wasn’t enough…IMG 7087 thumb Pancake Sunday and Nutella

Ben busted out the Nutella for his pancakes!!! He had taken the jar to work a few weeks ago, but randomly brought it back home on Friday.

IMG 7099 thumb Pancake Sunday and Nutella

Get mad at  him or thank him? I haven’t decided yet…IMG 7101 thumb Pancake Sunday and Nutella

Grilled bananas and nutella on pancakes have pretty much changed my life. I can’t really top this, so I might just peace out. If I don’t ever blog again, assume I eat this for breakfast every day and buy stock in nutella.

pin it button Pancake Sunday and Nutella

Comments

Actually, I told him to take it to work. It was his idea to buy that MASSIVE jar from Costco and since I am home all day I didn’t want to be tempted by it all the time!

No, really. I rarely post about my breakfast anymore because it’s always the same: waffles topped with Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter [like Nutella, but it's vegan!], sliced bananas, and chia seeds. omg.amazing. I need to try it with grilled ‘naners. I don’t know if I can handle it though, honestly.

You know what’s weird? I haven’t tried Nutella since I was about 5 years old. I went to a sleepover when I was little and my friend’s mom made us these super thin pancakes with about an inch of nutella on them and made us finish every bite before we left the table. I remember having a hard time swallowing because there was so much. Since then I’ve been scared from trying it, haha. But I think it’s probably all in my head and I’d probably really like it from what everyone says. haha, enough rambling! Enjoy your Sunday :)

I had blueberry pancakes this morning with 3 slices of Canadian bacon and it was heaven. I love pancakes on the weekend as well! The addition of Nutella sounds dangerous, but heavenly. Enjoy your weekend!

4. Marcee ..... ILLINOIS says

Hiya Monica ~ A glorious breakfast! Haven’t had pancakes for many-a-moon …. maybe this week. Not liking the Nutella. Just doesn’t agree w/my tastebuds. On the other hand, buttered-grilled-bananas …. YES! Nothing like hot pancakes w/bananas OR blueberries!! Do me a fav please? Those adorable “alphabet bags” you photographed ….. what store in Orange sells them? Hopefully, I can purchase a few online. Thanking you in advance Monica for every-little-thing!! (You make me laugh-a-lot!!)

We celebrate pancake Sundays too!!! I usually add mashed banana into the mix but I’m totally diggin’ the grilled bananas on top. And I’m pretty sure I could eat my own shoe if it was covered in nutella.

I have totally been missing the boat on Pancake Sundays! I need to do it just for the sake of making Sundays more desirable (and not just the day before the work week starts again!). But also…I do love pancakes … and nutella. How could you go wrong with that?!

ohhhhhh we do pancake sundays too!!! I have to be up early on sundays to serve in our childrens ministry and pancakes are the only reason we wake up early on Sundays :) we even have it set on the calendar ;) people think we have issues, but I like to think of it as “planning” :)

enjoy your sunday!!!

8. Martha says

This looks like a dish I had the first (and only) time I’ve been to Vegas. We went to the Bellagio buffet for Thanksgiving brunch and they had banana chocolate hazelnut french toast. It was the first thing I ate and everything else at the buffet paled in comparison! So I just ate a ton of that. :)

9. jess says

i dont know if you mentioned it before on a previous post but it’s so cool that ben’s doing a couch to 5k thing! i’ve heard of those before (still not entirely sure what it is..but i think i get the gist). go ben!!

and i’m very jealous of that breakfast because i’m currently out of 1. bananas, 2. nutella and 3. whole wheat pastry flour. cool

I am afraid to buy nutella or dark choc pb because I forget what the word “moderation” means when they are in my possession. I always stare at them for a minute at the store, then tell myself to keep on walking. And I’ve never grilled a banana because I’m that lazy. How sad am I?! lol

This was my first grilled banana. Do it.
      I always talk myself out of getting things like fancy pbs that I know I’ll eat by the cup full, this was Ben’s idea. I don’t trust myself.

Hey, come be my friend.

11. Jessica says

Thanks for this post! My man and I have different eating preferences and I’ve sometimes worried that it was odd for me to prepare our meals differently. Glad to see that I’m not the only one!