Not Funny

I very recently got off hormonal BC to try and attempt the Lady Comp (for those that don’t know it’s a natural method that tracks your body temp). After years and years of BC, where I went years without seeing my little friend, getting my period again is a whole new (and highly unwelcomed) world. I seriously hadn’t had it in so long I needed “the talk” again.

So, all this period stuff is new to me. And I keep asking my BFF questions about it…

Q. What do you eat when you’re on your period?

A. Whatever you want.

IMG 7445 thumb Not Funny

Q. What do you wear when you’re on your period?

A. Again, whatever you want. Added bonus: You don’t have to brush your hair or put on makeup. It’s science.

IMG 7449 thumb Not Funny

The Green Bean Fries are back!

I made my favorite veggie fry again tonight and since I get a lot of questions on them, I’ll show ya what I do.

I throw a bunch of green beans in a skillet with olive oil. High heat. Toss them around.

IMG 7453 thumb Not Funny

Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and TJ’s 21 Seasoning Salute. Stir to coat evenly. Cook until they start getting burnt.

IMG 7454 thumb Not Funny

Serve with copious amounts of ketchup… See, it’s easy!IMG 7464 thumb Not Funny

And your final question of the night –

Q. What is sadder – that this Kashi pizza is so small it fits on a dinner plate

OR

that my dinner plates are so HUGE they can fit an entire pizza?

IMG 7461 thumb Not Funny

Either way, it’s delicious!

IMG 7463 thumb Not Funny

I’m attending a special event in the morning, so I won’t see ya until lunch time. Have a good one wlEmoticon smile47 Not Funny

I’m kinda sad that the blog has been all periods and intuitive eating today. It’s not funny. You know what else is not funny? The world didn’t have internet in 1994. I can’t imagine…

That’s not funny, that’s scary.

Comments

Hahaha you crack me up. So wait, you didn’t have your period at all while on BC or just not a REAL period? I just went off BC a month ago after being on it for half my life, and it definitely felt very different when I got my period not on BC. Unfortunately I work at an office so sweats and no makeup weren’t an option for me. :P

I had no idea you were making all those fries stovetop! After seeing them for day via you, I started eating them nonstop! But I roast them 425 w/ olive oil and Lawry’s! :D

My periods are more like
    Q: What do you act like when you have your period?
    A: A crazy beezy who has no control over her emotions or actions.
    But at least now we have internet so I can share unnecessary, inappropriate personal details with strangers!

Oh wow, I can’t even imagine a life without the internet… or an “about” symbol.

Thanks for the photos for the fries! Can’t wait to try them!

I feel you honey..my monthly visitor arrived this week and it makes me want to eat everything in my kitchen! ugghh..anyway “this to shall pass”
    those fries look yummy and Ilove kashi pizzas too :)

Oh lovely period : p

I always am more hungry when its that time of the month and more sensitive too : p

Have fun at the special event tomorrow!!

Ha! Good luck with the adjustment!
    I went from hormonal BC to the non-hormonal Paragard IUD. It was one heck of a change…that was over 2 years ago and I still occasionally pine away for the easy days of hormones!

On a non-girly-bits note…those beans look delish!

I’ve had mine this week and had a SERIOUS chocolate craving. Killed that one last night with the most ooey gooey double chocolate fudge Ghiardelli brownies. Yeah, it was almost too much but it worked. :)

LOVE the Kashi Pizza!

Long time reader/lurker/stalker, first time to comment (I THINK). It is SO COOL to watch you navigate intuitive eating. I’m currently trying to recover from years and years of disordered eating (bingeing my way to obesity, then starving myself to underweight, now I’m right smack at a good weight), and after about a year or so of counting calories, I’m trying to manuever into intuitive eating myself. It’s so hard, but you give it such a sense of humor. Sometimes I WILL eat a lot of chocolate, dammit. And I need to try green bean fries, I’ve been chowing down on parsnip ones for ages and I want a new experiment!

10. Maren says

OH MY GOSH how crazy is that video?!?! I wonder if Katie Couric looks back on that and just cracks up! Did you see the @ sign? haha!!

you didn’t get your period at all when you were on BC? lucky duck ;) and yes to the whatever you want mentality. it’s a way of life every month

Haha–love that clip! I remember having an email address in 1987 in college but it was just for the intranet at school. Oooh, cutting age!

I always tell my husband that period time is Red Tent time (did you read that book?)–except now all the ladies should go to a spa and braid each other’s hair and have food/drinks brought to us.

Baaaahaha. That video just made my morning. I remember when we got the internet in 1996, my grandparents gave me a phonebook-sized listing of all the websites in existence. There’s NO way you could compile all of today’s sites like that!

You should check out the Space Jam website from that era. They never changed it and it’s hilarious: http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Ugh, periods. That first period you get after you have a baby is like the mother bitch of all periods, I think I have PTSD from that.

I can’t imagine life without the internet, it would be so sad :)

haha yes definitely eat anything when you’re on your period! I am ravenous at that time of month… and I do find that coffee helps with cramps, if you don’t want to take advil or anything else.
    That video is so funny…”I thought it was “about”" LOL

16. Meg says

Welcome back to the monthly gift club! I use natural birth control, ie, temperature tracking, and I love it. Good luck with your new method, doesn’t it feel good to get rid of the hormonal method? I feel a lot better without it, and will survive the few days where I’m moody and crampy due to Aunt Flo.

I haven’t had one since early ’08, but not because of birth control. My doctor has no idea why. Fun stuff.

Ooh how long do those green bean fries take on the stovetop? I get so impatient waiting for them in the oven, and your way seems so much easier!

I totally agree..eat what you want and wear what you want and say what you want…this may be the reason I ate a sour cream donut and a pickle for dinner last night…i give myself the first 2 days to just do whatever my body wants…my body wanted sausage and french toast for breakfast and wanted to skip the gym…who am I to argue with a hormonal body???